|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII - XXXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story the narrator tells, how is Hank Monk taken to his destination?
(a) At high speed on horseback.
(b) Slowly on horseback.
(c) Slowly in a stagecoach.
(d) At high speed in a stagecoach.
2. How far have the narrator and his brother traveled from their departure when they reach Overland City?
(a) Two hundred and seventy miles.
(b) Four hundred and seventy miles.
(c) Five hundred and seventy miles.
(d) Three hundred and seventy miles.
3. How much property does it reportedly take to accumulate a fortune in mining?
(a) Several feet.
(b) A little over one hundred feet.
(c) A few feet.
(d) One hundred feet.
4. How are the names given to the accumulated claims described?
5. How many pounds of luggage are the passengers allowed on the mail coach?
(a) Forty-five pounds.
(b) Twenty-five pounds.
(c) Thirty-five pounds.
(d) Fifty-five pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the travelers shoot at as the stagecoach enters Nevada?
2. How fast does a Pony Express rider travel?
3. How long does it take the narrator to pack his bags to accompany his brother on the trip?
4. How much do the seats aboard the mail coach heading towards Carson City cost for the narrator and his brother?
5. What is the author's goal in Roughing It?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)