|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII - XXXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, how are the profits of the mining industry in Nevada glorified?
(a) By flyers posted around town.
(b) By the Governor's followers.
(c) By the media.
(d) By the local drunks.
2. In the story the narrator tells, how is Hank Monk taken to his destination?
(a) At high speed in a stagecoach.
(b) Slowly on horseback.
(c) At high speed on horseback.
(d) Slowly in a stagecoach.
3. What is Hawaii called in the book?
(a) The Pineapple Islands.
(b) The Cookie Islands.
(c) The Leftover Islands.
(d) The Sandwich Islands.
4. What is interesting about Carson Lake?
(a) It has no known outlet.
(b) It has an infinite number of outlets.
(c) It has two known outlets.
(d) It has four known outlets.
5. How long is the narrator's mining crew forced to stay at Honey Lake Smith's Inn?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Fourteen days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Goshoot Indians hurting, according to the narrator?
2. When do the narrator and his friends begin their trip to mine for silver?
3. What makes the snow-covered mountains especially impressive to the narrator?
4. Who does the narrator get to sign the requests for money to the government in order to help his brother?
5. What are the followers supposed to bring back after they survey the east area?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)