|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVI - XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is interesting about Carson Lake?
(a) It has no known outlet.
(b) It has four known outlets.
(c) It has an infinite number of outlets.
(d) It has two known outlets.
2. Where do the narrator and a companion take their vacation?
(a) Pyramid Lake.
(b) Walker Lake.
(c) Lake Tahoe.
(d) Mono Lake.
3. When do the narrator and his friends begin their trip to mine for silver?
4. How many miles from Salt Lake City does Chapter XIX begin?
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
5. How does Twain describe the book in the Prefatory?
(a) Complex and unpretentious.
(b) Simple and unpretentious.
(c) Simple and pretentious.
(d) Complex and pretentious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's mining crew decide to visit after they stop digging their tunnels?
2. What is the narrative of Roughing It?
3. How long does the mining crew spend digging a shaft in their newly claimed mountainside?
4. How long does it take the narrator and his brother to reach St. Joseph on the steamboat?
5. When does the coach begin to move across the Great American Desert?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)