|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVI - XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the vigilantes from that hang Slade?
2. What kind of weapon does the narrator carry?
(a) A large 5-shot gun.
(b) A large 7-shot gun.
(c) A small 7-shot gun.
(d) A small 5-shot gun.
3. How long does it take the narrator and his brother to reach St. Joseph on the steamboat?
(a) Six days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Eight days.
4. How much equipment is loaded into the wagon that the narrator and his friends take to the mountains for mining?
(a) Twenty-two hundred pounds.
(b) Nineteen hundred pounds.
(c) Two thousand pounds.
(d) Eighteen hundred pounds.
5. Where does the author start out on his journey?
(a) San Diego.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Twain describe the book in the Prefatory?
2. How long is the narrator's mining crew forced to stay at Honey Lake Smith's Inn?
3. How far have the narrator and his brother traveled from their departure when they reach Overland City?
4. What are the Goshoot Indians hurting, according to the narrator?
5. How long is the train of Mormons that the stagecoach passes before the Rocky Mountains?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)