|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVI - XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the driver to lose the road one night?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A rainstorm.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A patch of mud.
2. Where is the author traveling to?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) San Diego.
3. As the narrator recounts, who is the stage carrying that the Goshoot Indians once attacked?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A senator.
(c) A judge.
(d) A mayor.
4. How many people has Slade killed, as mentioned in the book?
5. What is it about English that Twain is studying?
(a) The evolution of English as a non-diversified language.
(b) The stunted growth of English as a non-diversified language.
(c) The evolution of English as a diversified language.
(d) The stunted gwoth of English as a diversified language.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles do the narrator and his friends travel across the desert over a fifteen day period in search of silver?
2. What is it that the narrator envies the most about his brother's new job?
3. How long is the narrator's mining crew forced to stay at Honey Lake Smith's Inn?
4. How does the desert wanderer react when he is prevented from telling the same story about Hank Monk?
5. How much equipment is loaded into the wagon that the narrator and his friends take to the mountains for mining?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)