|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X-XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state in particular is the backdrop for the mining adventures described in the story?
2. How many soldiers do the travelers encounter at Fort Bridger?
(a) One hundred and sixty.
(d) One hundred and seventy.
3. How long does it take the narrator to pack his bags to accompany his brother on the trip?
(a) More than two hours.
(b) Less than an hour.
(c) Less than thirty minutes.
(d) More than an hour.
4. What type of mines does the author encounter in the book?
5. What makes the snow-covered mountains especially impressive to the narrator?
(a) The lack of snow on the tops.
(b) The season.
(c) The abundance of snow on the tops.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Slade born?
2. What prevents the author from attaining his goal?
3. How far have the narrator and his brother traveled from their departure when they reach Overland City?
4. Where is the mining business taking place during the time the book was written?
5. What is Hawaii called in the book?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)