|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X-XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job has the narrator's brother been given for the state of Nevada?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Secretary of Treasury.
(d) State Representative.
2. Where does the narrator finally enjoy a great breakfast?
(a) Pleasant Hill.
(b) Green River.
(c) Horseshoe Lake.
3. What is the tone of the book?
4. Where was Slade born?
5. How often are the horses switched that are pulling the mail coach on the way to Carson City?
(a) Every twenty miles.
(b) Every five miles.
(c) Every ten miles.
(d) Every fifteen miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that the narrator envies the most about his brother's new job?
2. How does Twain describe the book in the Prefatory?
3. Where is Hebert C. Kimball from?
4. What is the narrative of Roughing It?
5. What two bodies of water do the streams at the top of the South Pass empty into?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)