|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X-XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspects of nature will be discussed in Roughing It?
(a) The destruction of man by nature.
(b) The transformation of nature by man.
(c) The transformation of man by nature.
(d) The destruction of nature by man.
2. What does Slade reportedly do while he is being hung?
(c) Offers a bribe.
(d) Stays silent.
3. What state in particular is the backdrop for the mining adventures described in the story?
4. How many pounds of luggage are the passengers allowed on the mail coach?
(a) Twenty-five pounds.
(b) Fifty-five pounds.
(c) Forty-five pounds.
(d) Thirty-five pounds.
5. Where was Slade born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about English that Twain is studying?
2. How is the coyote described in the story?
3. How many miles away from St. Joseph have the narrator and his brother traveled by the end of Chapter IX?
4. What is the author's goal in Roughing It?
5. What is noted as particularly impressive about the style of the book?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)