|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X-XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Slade reportedly do while he is being hung?
(a) Stays silent.
(b) Offers a bribe.
2. Where was Slade born?
3. Where does the author start out on his journey?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Kansas City.
4. How many miles away from St. Joseph have the narrator and his brother traveled by the end of Chapter IX?
(a) Seven hundred and seventy-six.
(b) Six hundred and seventy-six.
(c) Seven hundred and eighty-seven.
(d) Six hundred and eighty-seven.
5. How fast does a Pony Express rider travel?
(a) Three times as fast as a stagecoach.
(b) Half as fast as the stagecoach.
(c) The same speed as a stagecoach.
(d) Twice as fast as the stagecoach.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are having breakfast, what does Slade offer the narrator?
2. How many pounds of luggage are the passengers allowed on the mail coach?
3. How long do the travelers stay at Salt Lake City before packing food and leaving?
4. What two bodies of water do the streams at the top of the South Pass empty into?
5. How does Twain describe the book in the Prefatory?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)