|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do the seats aboard the mail coach heading towards Carson City cost for the narrator and his brother?
(a) One hundred dollars total.
(b) One hundred dollars each.
(c) One hundred and fifty dollars each.
(d) One hundred and fifty dollars total.
2. When does the great Indian Mail Robbery take place?
3. What aspects of nature will be discussed in Roughing It?
(a) The transformation of nature by man.
(b) The transformation of man by nature.
(c) The destruction of man by nature.
(d) The destruction of nature by man.
4. What job has the narrator's brother been given for the state of Nevada?
(a) State Representative.
(b) Secretary of State.
(d) Secretary of Treasury.
5. How many miles away from St. Joseph have the narrator and his brother traveled by the end of Chapter IX?
(a) Seven hundred and eighty-seven.
(b) Seven hundred and seventy-six.
(c) Six hundred and eighty-seven.
(d) Six hundred and seventy-six.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrative of Roughing It?
2. How much will the narrator's brother be paid for his new job?
3. What is Twain examining in Roughing It?
4. What is noted as particularly impressive about the style of the book?
5. What animal do the travelers shoot at as the stagecoach enters Nevada?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)