|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of mines does the author encounter in the book?
2. What is noted as particularly impressive about the style of the book?
(a) Only its vocabulary.
(b) Only its longevity.
(c) Only its descriptions.
(d) Its vocabulary, descriptions, and longevity.
3. How many miles of mail service does the owner of the Division Superintendent oversee?
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) Four hundred and fifty.
(d) Three hundred and fifty.
4. How many miles away from St. Joseph have the narrator and his brother traveled by the end of Chapter IX?
(a) Six hundred and eighty-seven.
(b) Seven hundred and seventy-six.
(c) Six hundred and seventy-six.
(d) Seven hundred and eighty-seven.
5. How often are the horses switched that are pulling the mail coach on the way to Carson City?
(a) Every twenty miles.
(b) Every ten miles.
(c) Every five miles.
(d) Every fifteen miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the travelers shoot at as the stagecoach enters Nevada?
2. What is the tone of the book?
3. When does the great Indian Mail Robbery take place?
4. How much do the seats aboard the mail coach heading towards Carson City cost for the narrator and his brother?
5. What is Twain examining in Roughing It?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)