|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often are the horses switched that are pulling the mail coach on the way to Carson City?
(a) Every five miles.
(b) Every twenty miles.
(c) Every fifteen miles.
(d) Every ten miles.
2. When does the great Indian Mail Robbery take place?
3. What kind of weapon does the narrator carry?
(a) A small 5-shot gun.
(b) A small 7-shot gun.
(c) A large 7-shot gun.
(d) A large 5-shot gun.
4. What is the tone of the book?
5. What is the author's goal in Roughing It?
(a) To travel across the country three times within a year.
(b) To become rich with as much effort as it takes.
(c) To become rich with little effort.
(d) To travel across the country twice within a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far have the narrator and his brother traveled from their departure when they reach Overland City?
2. How do the other travelers react to Bemis' story about the buffalo that chased him?
3. Where is the author traveling to?
4. What is Twain examining in Roughing It?
5. Where is the mining business taking place during the time the book was written?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)