|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I-IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the narrator and his brother to reach St. Joseph on the steamboat?
(a) Six days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Five days.
2. What is the author's goal in Roughing It?
(a) To become rich with little effort.
(b) To travel across the country three times within a year.
(c) To travel across the country twice within a year.
(d) To become rich with as much effort as it takes.
3. How far have the narrator and his brother traveled from their departure when they reach Overland City?
(a) Five hundred and seventy miles.
(b) Two hundred and seventy miles.
(c) Four hundred and seventy miles.
(d) Three hundred and seventy miles.
4. How does Twain describe the book in the Prefatory?
(a) Complex and unpretentious.
(b) Complex and pretentious.
(c) Simple and unpretentious.
(d) Simple and pretentious.
5. What prevents the author from attaining his goal?
(a) The economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the book take place?
2. What is the narrative of Roughing It?
3. How fast does a Pony Express rider travel?
4. How much do the seats aboard the mail coach heading towards Carson City cost for the narrator and his brother?
5. As the weapon carried by Bemis, what is the Allen revolver known for?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)