|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter LV - LXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles do the narrator and his friends travel across the desert over a fifteen day period in search of silver?
(a) Three hundred miles.
(b) Five hundred miles.
(c) Four hundred miles.
(d) Two hundred miles.
2. After the narrator loses his job as a reporter, how long does he avoid everyone he knows?
(a) Five months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
3. Why does the narrator resign as chief editor of the newspaper so quickly?
(a) The pay is not enough for him to live on.
(b) He has an argument with another writer.
(c) He cannot produce enough content.
(d) He receives a better offer from a different paper.
4. What is it that the narrator envies the most about his brother's new job?
(a) The hours.
(b) The money.
(c) The status.
(d) The social advantages.
5. What is Hawaii called in the book?
(a) The Pineapple Islands.
(b) The Leftover Islands.
(c) The Sandwich Islands.
(d) The Cookie Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is NOT found in the Great American Desert?
2. How long does the narrator's crew rest in Carson City before heading back to Esmeralda?
3. What is the term Gentiles used to describe?
4. What gift does Capt. John Nye have?
5. Which area is rumored to be rich with silver?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)