|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter LV - LXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Twain describe the book in the Prefatory?
(a) Complex and unpretentious.
(b) Simple and unpretentious.
(c) Complex and pretentious.
(d) Simple and pretentious.
2. What is it about English that Twain is studying?
(a) The stunted gwoth of English as a diversified language.
(b) The stunted growth of English as a non-diversified language.
(c) The evolution of English as a diversified language.
(d) The evolution of English as a non-diversified language.
3. How is Jack Williams killed?
(a) While drinking at the bar.
(b) While arguing with a friend.
(c) While playing poker.
(d) While walking to his horse.
4. What is the Washoe Zephyr?
(a) A transparent, dusty wind that blows for fifteen hours straight.
(b) A dense, dusty wind that blows for twelve hours straight.
(c) A transparent, dusty wind that blows for twelve hours straight.
(d) A dense, dusty wind that blows for fifteen hours straight.
5. What eventually happens to Jules?
(a) He is killed by Indians.
(b) He disappears and is never heard from again.
(c) He is killed by Slade.
(d) He is run over by a stagecoach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Nookes thrown overboard from Blakely's boat?
2. What is Hawaii called in the book?
3. When the party reaches Esmeralda, how much do they conclude that the claims they have are worth?
4. What do the assayers do?
5. What is pocket mining?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)