|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter LV - LXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What moves Morgan's house on top of Hyde's ranch?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A landslide.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) An avalanche.
2. How many days has the coach been traveling when it reaches Carson City?
3. How long does the narrator's crew rest in Carson City before heading back to Esmeralda?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
4. What does Capt. John Nye help the narrator's party find?
(a) Food for their horses, but not shelter.
(b) Food and shelter for their horses.
(c) Shelter for their horses, but not food.
(d) Food and shelter for the men, but not for their horses.
5. What state in particular is the backdrop for the mining adventures described in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the referee in the court case between Hyde and Morgan?
2. Where do the horses go after being scared away by the party's attempt to start a fire?
3. What are the followers supposed to bring back after they survey the east area?
4. What happens to the cities that once flourished during the Gold Rush?
5. What do the assayers do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)