|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter LV - LXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds of luggage are the passengers allowed on the mail coach?
(a) Fifty-five pounds.
(b) Forty-five pounds.
(c) Thirty-five pounds.
(d) Twenty-five pounds.
2. What eventually happens to Jules?
(a) He is killed by Indians.
(b) He is run over by a stagecoach.
(c) He is killed by Slade.
(d) He disappears and is never heard from again.
3. What is the rich ledge called that Mr. Higbie discovers in the beginning of Chapter XL?
(a) A blind spot.
(b) A blind mine.
(c) A blind claim.
(d) A blind lead.
4. When must work be performed on a new claim to prevent it from being relocated?
(a) Within twenty days.
(b) Within ten days.
(c) Within forty days.
(d) Within thirty days.
5. What type of mines does the author encounter in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do the seats aboard the mail coach heading towards Carson City cost for the narrator and his brother?
2. What species feed around Mono Lake?
3. How much will the narrator's brother be paid for his new job?
4. How do the other travelers react to Bemis' story about the buffalo that chased him?
5. What is the author's goal in Roughing It?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)