|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX-XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the snow-covered mountains especially impressive to the narrator?
(a) The weather.
(b) The lack of snow on the tops.
(c) The abundance of snow on the tops.
(d) The season.
2. How many people has Slade killed, as mentioned in the book?
3. What is Hawaii called in the book?
(a) The Sandwich Islands.
(b) The Leftover Islands.
(c) The Cookie Islands.
(d) The Pineapple Islands.
4. What eventually happens to Jules?
(a) He disappears and is never heard from again.
(b) He is run over by a stagecoach.
(c) He is killed by Indians.
(d) He is killed by Slade.
5. What state in particular is the backdrop for the mining adventures described in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hebert C. Kimball from?
2. How does the desert wanderer react when he is prevented from telling the same story about Hank Monk?
3. How many soldiers do the travelers encounter at Fort Bridger?
4. When does the book take place?
5. How many days has the coach been traveling when it reaches Carson City?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)