|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX-XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the coach begin to move across the Great American Desert?
(a) On the nineteenth day of the trip.
(b) On the twenty-second day of the trip.
(c) On the eighteenth day of the trip.
(d) On the twenty-first day of the trip.
2. As the narrator recounts, who is the stage carrying that the Goshoot Indians once attacked?
(a) A senator.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A mayor.
3. What happens to the mules as they become tired from the heat of the desert?
(a) They refuse to pull the coach.
(b) They lean up against the coach, causing it to turn over.
(c) They pull the coach in circles.
(d) They pull the coach in the wrong direction.
4. What two bodies of water do the streams at the top of the South Pass empty into?
(a) The Mississippi River and the Missouri River.
(b) The Pacific Ocean and the Mississippi River.
(c) The Indian Ocean and the Missouri River.
(d) The Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean.
5. According to the driver, what lake do the Mormons gather saleratus from?
(a) La Prele Reservoir.
(b) Burlington Lake.
(c) Gray Rocks Reservoir.
(d) Soda Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the Great American Desert?
2. What kind of weapon does the narrator carry?
3. How does the desert wanderer react when he is prevented from telling the same story about Hank Monk?
4. As they are having breakfast, what does Slade offer the narrator?
5. When does the great Indian Mail Robbery take place?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)