|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX-XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the other travelers react to Bemis' story about the buffalo that chased him?
(a) They do not believe it.
(b) They believe some of it.
(c) They believe most of it.
(d) They believe it.
2. What kind of weapon does the narrator carry?
(a) A large 7-shot gun.
(b) A small 7-shot gun.
(c) A large 5-shot gun.
(d) A small 5-shot gun.
3. Where is the author traveling to?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) San Diego.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What is the author's goal in Roughing It?
(a) To become rich with as much effort as it takes.
(b) To travel across the country three times within a year.
(c) To become rich with little effort.
(d) To travel across the country twice within a year.
5. How often are the horses switched that are pulling the mail coach on the way to Carson City?
(a) Every ten miles.
(b) Every twenty miles.
(c) Every fifteen miles.
(d) Every five miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the train of Mormons that the stagecoach passes before the Rocky Mountains?
2. Where was Slade born?
3. Where are the vigilantes from that hang Slade?
4. What is it about English that Twain is studying?
5. How many people live in Carson City?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)