|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVI - XXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days has the coach been traveling when it reaches Carson City?
2. What happens to the mules as they become tired from the heat of the desert?
(a) They pull the coach in circles.
(b) They pull the coach in the wrong direction.
(c) They refuse to pull the coach.
(d) They lean up against the coach, causing it to turn over.
3. What is the only living thing in Mono Lake?
4. How many miles does the narrator travel to the islands of Mono Lake?
5. How does the narrator's party determine that they are lost in the beginning of Chapter XXXII?
(a) They keep switching to different roads and nothing looks familiar.
(b) The roads start looking too familiar, leading them in a circle.
(c) They have been on the same road for too long.
(d) They cannot see the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one of the Germans give their map to Mr. Whiteman?
2. When the party reaches Esmeralda, how much do they conclude that the claims they have are worth?
3. What job has the narrator's brother been given for the state of Nevada?
4. What is the Washoe Zephyr?
5. What is the primary content of the Whiteman Cement Mine?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)