|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVI - XXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the narrator to pack his bags to accompany his brother on the trip?
(a) Less than thirty minutes.
(b) Less than an hour.
(c) More than an hour.
(d) More than two hours.
2. How fast does a Pony Express rider travel?
(a) Half as fast as the stagecoach.
(b) Twice as fast as the stagecoach.
(c) The same speed as a stagecoach.
(d) Three times as fast as a stagecoach.
3. How long does it take the narrator and his brother to reach St. Joseph on the steamboat?
(a) Six days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Seven days.
4. As they are having breakfast, what does Slade offer the narrator?
(a) The first cup of coffee.
(b) The first two eggs.
(c) The last cup of coffee.
(d) The last two eggs.
5. How do the other travelers react to Bemis' story about the buffalo that chased him?
(a) They believe some of it.
(b) They do not believe it.
(c) They believe it.
(d) They believe most of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many followers of the Governor does Mrs. O'Flannigan's ranch host?
2. Why does Mr. Higbie join the narrator's party?
3. How much will the narrator's brother be paid for his new job?
4. What does Capt. John Nye help the narrator's party find?
5. What job has the narrator's brother been given for the state of Nevada?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)