|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVI - XXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the desert wanderer react when he is prevented from telling the same story about Hank Monk?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He dies.
(c) He begins telling jokes.
(d) He jumps off the stagecoach.
2. In the story the narrator tells, how is Hank Monk taken to his destination?
(a) At high speed in a stagecoach.
(b) Slowly on horseback.
(c) At high speed on horseback.
(d) Slowly in a stagecoach.
3. How does Slade develop a reputation for being a fearless fighter?
(a) By taking on the army.
(b) By taking on the Indians.
(c) By taking on the union.
(d) By taking on the Pony Express.
4. How much do the seats aboard the mail coach heading towards Carson City cost for the narrator and his brother?
(a) One hundred dollars each.
(b) One hundred dollars total.
(c) One hundred and fifty dollars total.
(d) One hundred and fifty dollars each.
5. Where is Hebert C. Kimball from?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pounds of luggage are the passengers allowed on the mail coach?
2. How far have the narrator and his brother traveled from their departure when they reach Overland City?
3. What makes the snow-covered mountains especially impressive to the narrator?
4. How long do the travelers stay at Salt Lake City before packing food and leaving?
5. What two bodies of water do the streams at the top of the South Pass empty into?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)