|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XLIX - LIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Chinese people live in Virgina at the time of the book?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
2. How many times does Bill Nookes attempt to climb aboard Captain Ned Blakely's boat?
(a) Five times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
3. Where do the horses go after being scared away by the party's attempt to start a fire?
(a) A stage station.
(b) A cave.
(c) A nearby forest.
(d) A nearby barn.
4. How does the narrator's party determine that they are lost in the beginning of Chapter XXXII?
(a) They have been on the same road for too long.
(b) They cannot see the road.
(c) The roads start looking too familiar, leading them in a circle.
(d) They keep switching to different roads and nothing looks familiar.
5. How long is the train of Mormons that the stagecoach passes before the Rocky Mountains?
(a) Forty-five wagons.
(b) Forty wagons.
(c) Thirty-five wagons.
(d) Thirty wagons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What moves Morgan's house on top of Hyde's ranch?
2. What do the members of the party do before going to sleep on the winter night they are convinced will be their last?
3. How many soldiers do the travelers encounter at Fort Bridger?
4. What type of mill does the narrator end up working for after he is left with no money?
5. Where does the narrator finally enjoy a great breakfast?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)