|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XLIX - LIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Slade develop a reputation for being a fearless fighter?
(a) By taking on the army.
(b) By taking on the union.
(c) By taking on the Pony Express.
(d) By taking on the Indians.
2. How much per week is the narrator paid for his work at the mill?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
3. What title does Jack Williams hold at one time?
(a) Deputy Marshal.
(d) Town Sheriff.
4. During their second unsuccessful attempt at starting a fire, how many matches does the party burn?
5. What does the narrator ask his superior to raise his salary to after the first week of working in the mill?
(a) $400,000 yearly.
(b) $200,000 yearly.
(c) $200,000 monthly.
(d) $400,000 monthly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hebert C. Kimball from?
2. Where do the horses go after being scared away by the party's attempt to start a fire?
3. What two bodies of water do the streams at the top of the South Pass empty into?
4. What is the result of the first fight between Slade and Jules?
5. How does Nookes die?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)