|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XLIX - LIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator ask his superior to raise his salary to after the first week of working in the mill?
(a) $400,000 yearly.
(b) $200,000 monthly.
(c) $400,000 monthly.
(d) $200,000 yearly.
2. According to the narrator, how much silver has Nevada shipped in 1865?
(a) Over twenty million dollars worth.
(b) Over thirty million dollars worth.
(c) Over forty million dollars worth.
(d) Over fifty million dollars worth.
3. What causes the driver to lose the road one night?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A patch of mud.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A rainstorm.
4. Where is Hebert C. Kimball from?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
5. How many times does Bill Nookes attempt to climb aboard Captain Ned Blakely's boat?
(b) Five times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the referee in the court case between Hyde and Morgan?
2. How is Nookes thrown overboard from Blakely's boat?
3. Where do the horses go after being scared away by the party's attempt to start a fire?
4. Where does the narrator finally enjoy a great breakfast?
5. What gift does Capt. John Nye have?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)