|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XLIX - LIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they are having breakfast, what does Slade offer the narrator?
(a) The last cup of coffee.
(b) The first two eggs.
(c) The first cup of coffee.
(d) The last two eggs.
2. What do the members of the party do before going to sleep on the winter night they are convinced will be their last?
(a) They begin screaming for help.
(b) They begin crying.
(c) They begin telling jokes.
(d) They begin criticizing each other.
3. How does Slade develop a reputation for being a fearless fighter?
(a) By taking on the army.
(b) By taking on the Pony Express.
(c) By taking on the Indians.
(d) By taking on the union.
4. Where is Hebert C. Kimball from?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
5. How many times does Bill Nookes attempt to climb aboard Captain Ned Blakely's boat?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
(d) Five times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the snow-covered mountains especially impressive to the narrator?
2. Where do the horses go after being scared away by the party's attempt to start a fire?
3. How does Nookes die?
4. How many soldiers do the travelers encounter at Fort Bridger?
5. What does Morgan claim during the court case?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)