|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XLIX - LIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers do the travelers encounter at Fort Bridger?
(a) One hundred and sixty.
(d) One hundred and seventy.
2. What title does Jack Williams hold at one time?
(a) Town Sheriff.
(c) Deputy Marshal.
3. How is Nookes thrown overboard from Blakely's boat?
(a) With his hands tied.
(b) With his arm broken.
(c) With his face beaten.
(d) With his ankles tied.
4. What causes the driver to lose the road one night?
(a) A patch of mud.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A hurricane.
(d) A rainstorm.
5. Who is the referee in the court case between Hyde and Morgan?
(a) The former secretary of state of California.
(b) The former secretary of state of Nevada.
(c) The former governor of California.
(d) The former governor of Nevada.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feet of dirt is Hyde's ranch buried underneath?
2. What makes the snow-covered mountains especially impressive to the narrator?
3. What do the assayers do?
4. What eventually happens to Jules?
5. What does the referee decide in the court case between Hyde and Morgan?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)