|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XLIX - LIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much per week is the narrator paid for his work at the mill?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifteen dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
2. What does the narrator's party shoot at to start a fire?
(a) A pile of dirt.
(b) A pile of loose branches.
(c) A pile of leaves.
(d) A pile of sage bush.
3. What type of mill does the narrator end up working for after he is left with no money?
(a) A logging mill.
(b) A paper mill.
(c) A diamond mill.
(d) A quartz mill.
4. When the party reaches Esmeralda, how much do they conclude that the claims they have are worth?
(a) Three times the amount they thought.
(c) Half the amount they thought.
(d) Twice the amount they thought.
5. As they are having breakfast, what does Slade offer the narrator?
(a) The last cup of coffee.
(b) The first two eggs.
(c) The first cup of coffee.
(d) The last two eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator finally enjoy a great breakfast?
2. What makes the snow-covered mountains especially impressive to the narrator?
3. How is Nookes thrown overboard from Blakely's boat?
4. How many people has Slade killed, as mentioned in the book?
5. What causes the driver to lose the road one night?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)