1. How many novels had Mark Twain written before Roughing It?
2. Where does the author start out on his journey?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Kansas City.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) San Diego.
3. Where is the author traveling to?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Kansas City.
4. What is Hawaii called in the book?
(a) The Sandwich Islands.
(b) The Cookie Islands.
(c) The Pineapple Islands.
(d) The Leftover Islands.
5. When does the book take place?
(a) The late 1850s.
(b) The late 1860s.
(c) The early 1860s.
(d) The early 1850s.
6. Where is the mining business taking place during the time the book was written?
(a) The Eastern States.
(b) The Northern States.
(c) The Southern States.
(d) The Western States.
7. What state in particular is the backdrop for the mining adventures described in the story?
8. What is the tone of the book?
9. What is Twain examining in Roughing It?
(a) The underestimation of the economy in the area he visits.
(b) The economic crash of the area he visits.
(c) The economic boom of the area he visits.
(d) The overestimation of the economy in the area he visits.
This section contains 4,739 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)