1. How many novels had Mark Twain written before Roughing It?
2. Where does the author start out on his journey?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Kansas City.
3. Where is the author traveling to?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) San Diego.
4. What is Hawaii called in the book?
(a) The Cookie Islands.
(b) The Leftover Islands.
(c) The Sandwich Islands.
(d) The Pineapple Islands.
5. When does the book take place?
(a) The early 1860s.
(b) The early 1850s.
(c) The late 1850s.
(d) The late 1860s.
6. Where is the mining business taking place during the time the book was written?
(a) The Eastern States.
(b) The Southern States.
(c) The Northern States.
(d) The Western States.
7. What state in particular is the backdrop for the mining adventures described in the story?
8. What is the tone of the book?
9. What is Twain examining in Roughing It?
(a) The underestimation of the economy in the area he visits.
(b) The economic crash of the area he visits.
(c) The economic boom of the area he visits.
(d) The overestimation of the economy in the area he visits.
This section contains 4,739 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)