|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa ask Jack to describe to Serafina?
2. Who does Alvaro say works at the Square Roof?
3. What item of her clothing does Serafina find uncomfortable?
4. What is the name of the first book Jack shows Serafina?
5. What does Serafina make Jack kneel in front of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rosa has a difficult relationship with her mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has Rosa's relationship with her mother affected her?
Essay Topic 2
Asde from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Do the students think it is important to understand the author's life to understand the meaning of a work?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)