|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa tell Jack she is old enough to do?
2. Who does Rosa say she does not want to be like?
3. For what was Serafina saving the undergarments Rosa is wearing?
4. What does Jack want to take aboard his ship?
5. Where did Rosa run to when Jack told her she was beautiful?
Essay Topic 1
Rosa has a difficult relationship with her mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has Rosa's relationship with her mother affected her?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in THE ROSE TATTOO particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)