|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Serafina try to hurt the priest?
2. What are the two books tied with?
3. For what was Serafina saving the undergarments Rosa is wearing?
4. What item of clothing is Alvaro without?
5. How does Rosa react when she sees Alvaro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's style. How would you describe the author's style? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)