|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father de Leo want Serafina to attend more often?
2. What does Rosa ask Jack to fetch?
3. Why does Serafina say Alvaro should not have bought her chocolates?
4. What does Serafina mention to Rosa as she leaves the house?
5. What does Serafina start to arrange on the tray?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Serafina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What did Serafina hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Serafina's ideas about life?
3. How has Serafina's character changed by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in THE ROSE TATTOO particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's style. How would you describe the author's style? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)