|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosa say she has broken the piggy bank?
2. What does the priest call Serafina when she threatens to break her husband's urn?
3. What item of her clothing does Serafina find uncomfortable?
4. What did Jack say to Rosa on the dance floor?
5. What does Alvaro yell at Serafina as he runs from the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the community so important? How can the community can help Serafina recover from her husband's death? Could Serafina recover from her husband's death if she did not have so many friends around her?
Essay Topic 2
THE ROSE TATTOO was made into a film starring Burt Lancaster. How did the filmmakers adapt Williams' ideas to film? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Serafina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What did Serafina hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Serafina's ideas about life?
3. How has Serafina's character changed by the end of the play?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)