|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What falls out of Alvaro's pocket?
2. Who is the next person to visit Serafina?
3. Who does Serafina say is always watching?
4. What does Father de Leo say Serafina still is?
5. What does Serafina say it means when she feels the burn of a rose in her chest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Serafina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What did Serafina hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Serafina's ideas about life?
3. How has Serafina's character changed by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 3
THE ROSE TATTOO is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)