|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alvaro accuse Serafina of being for too long?
2. What does Serafina want Alvaro to return to the house without?
3. What kind of watch did Serafina buy for Rosa?
4. What does Serafina throw against the wall?
5. What does Father de Leo say Serafina still is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the community so important? How can the community can help Serafina recover from her husband's death? Could Serafina recover from her husband's death if she did not have so many friends around her?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)