|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing now lighting the cottage?
2. What does Jack say Rosa is?
3. Why does Serafina leave the house?
4. Why does Rosa say she has broken the piggy bank?
5. What does Rosa ask Jack to fetch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Rosario's death affected one of the following areas in Serafina's life.
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)