|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Serafina say Alvaro should never try to fool?
2. Who does Rosa say she does not want to be like?
3. Why does Serafina say Alvaro should not have bought her chocolates?
4. Where does Rosa say she will meet Jack?
5. Where did Rosa run to when Jack told her she was beautiful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Rosario's death affected one of the following areas in Serafina's life.
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the community so important? How can the community can help Serafina recover from her husband's death? Could Serafina recover from her husband's death if she did not have so many friends around her?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's style. How would you describe the author's style? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)