|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Serafina saving the undergarments Rosa is wearing?
2. What kind of eyes does Alvaro say Serafina has?
3. What part of Serafina's body does Alvaro pinch?
4. What does Serafina treat Alvaro like?
5. Who approaches the house at the beginning of this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's style. How would you describe the author's style? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)