|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa tell Jack she is old enough to do?
2. What kind of fruit does Alvaro deliver?
3. What was the part of Alvaro that did not not remind Serafina of Rosario?
4. Who approaches the house at the beginning of this scene?
5. What does Alvaro call the salesman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Do the students think it is important to understand the author's life to understand the meaning of a work?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)