|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Serafina saving the undergarments Rosa is wearing?
2. What does Serafina say it means when she feels the burn of a rose in her chest?
3. What is the name of the first book Jack shows Serafina?
4. What does Serafina say used to be her religion?
5. Why does Rosa say she has broken the piggy bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Rosa's life.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)