|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa ask Jack to fetch?
2. When does Rosa return to the house?
3. What kind of watch did Serafina buy for Rosa?
4. What did Rosa recite on stage?
5. Who did Father Leo have to baptize?
Essay Topic 1
THE ROSE TATTOO was made into a film starring Burt Lancaster. How did the filmmakers adapt Williams' ideas to film? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)