|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the part of Alvaro that did not not remind Serafina of Rosario?
2. What does Alvaro yell at Serafina as he runs from the house?
3. What does Rosa tell Jack she is old enough to do?
4. Where does Serafina go when she sees Alvaro's rose tattoo?
5. Who does the salesman say he will report Alvaro to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in THE ROSE TATTOO particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's style. How would you describe the author's style? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)