|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Traces of what were found in the farmhouse sink?
2. Where does the Mastermind seem to go when the dirty cops follow him after meeting with him?
3. Who is Cross' psychiatrist?
4. How does Cross indicate the suspects on the chalkboard for rounds check?
5. Who is secretary of justice who is late for the emergency meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Colonel Schofield bad-mouth Detective Cross to his staff at Hazelwood? What does Cross pose as when he goes undercover? Does he have the credentials for that area of expertise?
2. What continues in the neighborhood where Mitchell Brand lives, despite the police presence? How do the police know this?
3. Is Cavalierre in Washington, D.C., when the FBI finds Agent Walsh dead? Does Cavalierre believe that Agent Walsh killed himself? Why or why not?
4. What kind of surveillance does Brian Macdougall warn will cause a hostage to be shot? What does the FBI do at the Capitol Hilton?
5. How does Alex act when he sees his psychiatrist, Adele Finally, at church? Is she effective at counseling him?
6. In what context is the term "prairie-dogging" used? Why do the MetroHartford people do that?
7. What are two of Brian Macdougall's three rules when he takes over the tour bus? What do the hostages pass to the front of the bus? Why?
8. Is Detective Weiss an effective interrogator of Brian Macdougall? Why or why not?
9. What is significant about the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel? Who worked on the renovation of the hotel in 1992?
10. Why does Cross think there are two Masterminds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Francis runs from the police, though he isn't guilty. Why? Why does he take the poison? What does his taking the poison imply?
Essay Topic 2
In the MetroHartford kidnapping, the kidnappers are in complete control of the situation. Explain how the author indicates this and how it foreshadows the identity of the kidnappers.
Essay Topic 3
There is an old saying, "If you want something done right, do it yourself." Why doesn't the Mastermind commit the robberies himself? How does he ensure that the people he works with will do what he says? How does he feel about his vantage point as the observer?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)