|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Mastermind seem to go when the dirty cops follow him after meeting with him?
(a) The blood bank.
(b) Hazelwood Veterans Hospital.
(c) St. Anthony's Hospital.
(d) St. Jude Children's Hospital.
2. What does Jannie want to be when she grows up?
(a) A detective like her dad.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A drug company sales rep.
3. Where do Cross and Cavalierre go to talk to Francis?
(b) The Bahamas.
4. What are the kids watching on television when the police break into Brand's apartment?
(a) "Spongebob Squarepants."
(b) "Law and Order."
(c) "Hannah Montana."
(d) "South Park."
5. Traces of what were found in the farmhouse sink?
(a) Hair dye.
(b) Theatrical makeup.
(c) Chewing-tobacco saliva.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cavalierre take Cross in her Saab when she picks him up from his house?
2. What does Cross have brought into the interrogation room for the suspect in the MetroHartford job?
3. From where does the chartered tour bus leave?
4. What composers' music does Cross play on piano to "soothe his soul" after he gets home from investigating the MetroHartford robbery?
5. Who is the behavioral psychologist brought in to discuss the robberies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Szabo's main problem with Cross' breaking into his apartment? What happens in the apartment?
2. In what context is the term "prairie-dogging" used? Why do the MetroHartford people do that?
3. O'Malley and Crews, two of the potential bank robbers, know exactly what is going on at the meeting with the Mastermind. How? What happens at the end of the meeting?
4. Why does Cross turn Cavalierre down for a drink a second time? Does she feel rejected by this?
5. Of what caliber is the new crew the Mastermind is interviewing for his next robbery after killing the crew with Mr. Blue, Ms. Green, Mr. Red and Mr. White? How does he entice them to do his work for him?
6. What does Cross call Christine's apartment and garden in Mitchellville? What does Christine's garden remind Cross of?
7. What is significant about the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel? Who worked on the renovation of the hotel in 1992?
8. Is Cavalierre in Washington, D.C., when the FBI finds Agent Walsh dead? Does Cavalierre believe that Agent Walsh killed himself? Why or why not?
9. What currently links Dr. Francis to Hazelwood even though he no longer works there and is in Florida? How does Francis know Szabo?
10. What kind of surveillance does Brian Macdougall warn will cause a hostage to be shot? What does the FBI do at the Capitol Hilton?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)