|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cross' favorite home-cooked dish?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Potatoes au gratin.
(c) Pot roast.
2. What line of work are the suspects in the MetroHartford kidnapping in?
(a) Secret Service.
(b) Hospital workers.
3. Who is secretary of justice who is late for the emergency meeting?
(a) Bennett Colms.
(b) Richard Pollett.
(c) Ronald Burns.
(d) Ronald Pawlek.
4. What does the suspect want in return for giving up the Mastermind?
(a) He wants to keep $1 million to support his wife.
(b) Witness protection and a maximum of 10 years in jail.
(d) The best lawyer money can buy.
5. How does Cavalierre look when she meets Alex for dinner at Ecco in New York?
(a) Very feminine and dolled up.
(b) Silly in a flapper costume.
(c) Neat and tidy in her dress blues.
(d) Still wearing her khakis and T-shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross ask Macdougall about when he takes over the interview with the suspect from Detective Weiss?
2. Whom does the Mastermind kill in Chapter 91?
3. How much money does Cross part with at the end of the conversation with his psychiatrist?
4. Who is Veronica Macdougall?
5. Who is Dr. Cioffi?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cavalierre and Cross are getting off the elevator in the hotel in Hartford, why does she say "Walsh?" Why is it startling for Cross to think Walsh is there?
2. What currently links Dr. Francis to Hazelwood even though he no longer works there and is in Florida? How does Francis know Szabo?
3. What does the Indian cab driver say when Cross flashes his detective's badge and jumps in while chasing Szabo? How does Szabo act when he gets out of his cab and starts walking down the street?
4. Why does Sampson alert Cross after the second night of surveillance of the MetroHartford kidnapping? Why does Cross "see red" when Sampson alerts him about the bust going down on Mitchell Brand?
5. What kind of surveillance does Brian Macdougall warn will cause a hostage to be shot? What does the FBI do at the Capitol Hilton?
6. What is significant about the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel? Who worked on the renovation of the hotel in 1992?
7. Why does Cross think there are two Masterminds?
8. Why does it seem like Szabo would be a perfect fit for the First Union robbery? How does the job he had there fit with his mental disorder?
9. In what context is the term "prairie-dogging" used? Why do the MetroHartford people do that?
10. What does Cross call Christine's apartment and garden in Mitchellville? What does Christine's garden remind Cross of?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)