|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the suspect say after Cross shoots him?
(a) "Tell my wife I love her."
(b) "You got the wrong man!"
(c) "I am the Mastermind!"
(d) "You shot me!"
2. Who is Lynda Cole?
(a) The Mastermind's next robber.
(b) Cioffi's ex-girlfriend, who turns him in.
(c) Szabo's court-appointed lawyer.
(d) The real Mastermind.
3. How much does the Mastermind give the new set of robbers just for meeting with him?
(a) $1 million.
4. Who is Kathleen McGuigan?
(a) The nurse who calls Dr. Francis.
(b) The court-apppointed lawyer for Szabo.
(c) Christine's sister.
(d) The lady in the pool with Dr. Francis.
5. What is especially dangerous about Mitchell Brand?
(a) He used to be Special Forces in the Army.
(b) He was know to shoot first and ask questions later.
(c) He was a Section 8 in the Marines.
(d) He had been a sniper in Viet Nam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross find when he gets inside the apartment that might incriminate his suspect?
2. What does Cross realize about Cavalierre as they become closer?
3. What composers' music does Cross play on piano to "soothe his soul" after he gets home from investigating the MetroHartford robbery?
4. How did the employees at First Union tease the prime suspect from Hazelwood when he worked with them?
5. What is on Jannie's T-shirt when she leaves the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Cavalierre in Washington, D.C., when the FBI finds Agent Walsh dead? Does Cavalierre believe that Agent Walsh killed himself? Why or why not?
2. Does Colonel Schofield bad-mouth Detective Cross to his staff at Hazelwood? What does Cross pose as when he goes undercover? Does he have the credentials for that area of expertise?
3. What is significant about the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel? Who worked on the renovation of the hotel in 1992?
4. Does the Mastermind have the agents throw the money and diamonds from the train right away? How does he have them throw the money and diamonds off the train eventually?
5. What kind of surveillance does Brian Macdougall warn will cause a hostage to be shot? What does the FBI do at the Capitol Hilton?
6. What is Szabo's main problem with Cross' breaking into his apartment? What happens in the apartment?
7. Why does Sampson alert Cross after the second night of surveillance of the MetroHartford kidnapping? Why does Cross "see red" when Sampson alerts him about the bust going down on Mitchell Brand?
8. What continues in the neighborhood where Mitchell Brand lives, despite the police presence? How do the police know this?
9. What are two of Brian Macdougall's three rules when he takes over the tour bus? What do the hostages pass to the front of the bus? Why?
10. How does Alex act when he sees his psychiatrist, Adele Finally, at church? Is she effective at counseling him?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)