|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sampson jokingly afraid happens to patients at Hazelwood Veterans Hospital?
(a) The doctors experiment on them.
(b) Everyone is on a Valium drip.
(c) They shove hoses down people's noses.
(d) They put people in solitary for months at a time.
2. What does Cavalierre drink that Cross matches in cups of coffee?
(a) Cups of tea.
(b) Vodka and Pepsi.
(c) Diet Coke.
3. Where do Cross and Cavalierre go to talk to Francis?
(b) The Bahamas.
4. What does Jannie want to be when she grows up?
(a) A detective like her dad.
(b) A drug company sales rep.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A nurse.
5. At the end of Part 3, where are the hostages being held?
(a) A silo just off the interstate.
(b) Donald Browne's farm.
(c) The original Pepperidge Farm.
(d) In an underground bunker.
6. What college did both Cross and Cavalierre attend?
(b) George Washington University.
(c) Johns Hopkins.
7. What do workers carry at Hazelwood that are not found at other mental institutions?
(d) Pepper spray.
8. What is the name of the tour bus company involved in the hijacking?
(a) Presidential Tours.
(b) Chesapeake Motor Coach.
(c) Monument Bus Company.
(d) Washington on Wheels.
9. Who is a suspect in the robberies from the D.C. area?
(a) Mitchell Brand.
(b) Jimmy Doud.
(c) Stephen Schnurmacher.
(d) Victor Kenyon.
10. What is on Jannie's T-shirt when she leaves the hospital?
(a) Hannah Montana.
(b) "Concern for the Earth."
(c) A huge mustard stain.
(d) The hospital logo.
11. Where does the prime suspect sign out to go to when he leaves the grounds?
(a) To get fast food.
(b) To walk his dog.
(c) To visit his grandmother at St. Anthony's.
(d) Physical therapy.
12. How did the employees at First Union tease the prime suspect from Hazelwood when he worked with them?
(a) They wrote fake memos and attribute them to him.
(b) They taped letters on his nameplate that made dirty words.
(c) They moved his car to the other side of the building.
(d) They called him the Mastermind.
13. Who is Dr. Cioffi?
(a) A Ph.D. in forensic psychology.
(b) A psychologist who is a veteran.
(c) Jannie's pediatrician.
(d) A trauma surgeon sent in to do heart surgery on Anderson.
14. What are the kids watching on television when the police break into Brand's apartment?
(a) "Spongebob Squarepants."
(b) "Law and Order."
(c) "South Park."
(d) "Hannah Montana."
15. Who is Veronica Macdougall?
(a) The daughter of one of the robbers.
(b) A nurse in Jannie's ward.
(c) The new love interest of Cross.
(d) A lady from Ohio who called the FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lynda Cole?
2. Where is Washington, D.C., in the rankings of the safest U.S. cities in which to raise children, according to The Washington Post?
3. What happens when Justine doesn't follow the Mastermind's orders?
4. What is Cross' hunch about the Mastermind?
5. What is the nickname of the Hoover Building, where Betsey, Kyle and Alex are called for an emergency meeting?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)