|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did both Cross and Cavalierre attend?
(a) Johns Hopkins.
(b) George Washington University.
2. How much money is being demanded from MetroHartford?
(a) $30 million.
(b) $1 billion.
(c) $50 million.
3. What are the kids watching on television when the police break into Brand's apartment?
(a) "South Park."
(b) "Hannah Montana."
(c) "Law and Order."
(d) "Spongebob Squarepants."
4. What is especially dangerous about Mitchell Brand?
(a) He used to be Special Forces in the Army.
(b) He was know to shoot first and ask questions later.
(c) He had been a sniper in Viet Nam.
(d) He was a Section 8 in the Marines.
5. What is the destination of the train from which the Mastermind demands the police throw the ransom?
(c) New York.
6. What does Cavalierre drink that Cross matches in cups of coffee?
(a) Cups of tea.
(c) Diet Coke.
(d) Vodka and Pepsi.
7. Traces of what were found in the farmhouse sink?
(a) Chewing-tobacco saliva.
(c) Theatrical makeup.
(d) Hair dye.
8. When Cross returns from New York, what movie does he take his family to see?
(a) "Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace."
(b) "The Matrix."
(c) "Toy Story 2."
(d) "The Sixth Sense."
9. How much does the Mastermind give the new set of robbers just for meeting with him?
(a) $1 million.
10. Where is Washington, D.C., in the rankings of the safest U.S. cities in which to raise children, according to The Washington Post?
(a) No. 1.
(b) Somewhere in the middle.
(c) The second-safest.
(d) Dead last.
11. Which politician is joked about as having a morning shot of liquor?
(a) Tom Daschle.
(b) Newt Gingrich.
(c) Nancy Pelosi.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
12. When Detective Weiss from Internal Affairs interviews Macdougall, how does he respond?
(a) He praises Weiss for his aplomb.
(b) He punches Weiss on the side of the head.
(c) He tells Weiss he's asking all the wrong questons.
(d) He wishes he and Weiss could have met under different circumstances.
13. How does Cavalierre look when she meets Alex for dinner at Ecco in New York?
(a) Silly in a flapper costume.
(b) Still wearing her khakis and T-shirt.
(c) Very feminine and dolled up.
(d) Neat and tidy in her dress blues.
14. From where does the chartered tour bus leave?
(a) The Mayflower Hotel.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) The White House.
(d) The First Avenue Apartments.
15. What does Francis do in the condominium parking lot after jumping five stories into the swimming pool and running from Cross and Cavalierre?
(a) He calls Johns Hopkins to check on his application.
(b) He keys Cross' car.
(c) He poisons himself.
(d) He pepper sprays Cavalierre in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of gun does the armed, masked man point at the bus passengers?
2. Who is the prime suspect in the MetroHartford crime?
3. What happens when Justine doesn't follow the Mastermind's orders?
4. What does the Mastermind want from Justine?
5. Who is Dr. Bernard Francis?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)