|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the police and FBI set up to deal with the hijack situation?
(a) The Executive Suites.
(b) The Mayflower Hotel.
(c) The Capitol Hilton.
(d) The White House lawn.
2. Who is Lynda Cole?
(a) The real Mastermind.
(b) The Mastermind's next robber.
(c) Cioffi's ex-girlfriend, who turns him in.
(d) Szabo's court-appointed lawyer.
3. Who is Theresa Lopez?
(a) Alex Cross' prime suspect.
(b) The barrista at the FBI coffee shop.
(c) Mitchell Brand's new girlfriend
(d) Mitchell Bran's nosy neighbor.
4. What does Cross do when the prime suspect leaves his apartment?
(a) Tackles and cuffs him.
(b) Follows him from across the street.
(c) Invites himself in before he can get out the door.
(d) Breaks in and starts searching the place.
5. Whom does the Mastermind kill in Chapter 91?
(b) Nana Mama.
(c) Agent Mike Doud.
(d) Agent James Walsh.
6. What do people call the East Capitol Dwellings?
(a) Solitary confinement for the masses.
(b) A subsidized human warehouse.
(c) The dog pound.
(d) A penitentiary on wheels.
7. What do workers carry at Hazelwood that are not found at other mental institutions?
(b) Pepper spray.
8. What does the suspect say after Cross shoots him?
(a) "You got the wrong man!"
(b) "Tell my wife I love her."
(c) "You shot me!"
(d) "I am the Mastermind!"
9. What does Hildie Rader tell Cross in regard to the MetroHartford kidnapping?
(a) That she thinks she is related to the Mastermind.
(b) That she thinks she wants to go out with Cross.
(c) That she thinks she has met someone involved in the robberies.
(d) That she needs him to fix some parking tickets for her.
10. Who asks Cross out for a drink at the end of Chapter 54?
(b) A Julia Roberts look-alike.
(d) Nurse Newton.
11. Where does Cross see his psychiatrist?
(a) At church.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the mall.
(d) At a bistro.
12. How did the employees at First Union tease the prime suspect from Hazelwood when he worked with them?
(a) They wrote fake memos and attribute them to him.
(b) They called him the Mastermind.
(c) They taped letters on his nameplate that made dirty words.
(d) They moved his car to the other side of the building.
13. What does Cross have brought into the interrogation room for the suspect in the MetroHartford job?
(b) Water and Twinkies.
(c) A pizza.
(d) A bad cop to his good cop.
14. What does Cross find when he gets inside the apartment that might incriminate his suspect?
(a) Some clothing from the dead robbers.
(b) A threatening letter to Cavalierre.
(c) Some pizza coupons with blood on them.
(d) Blueprints to all the banks that had been robbed.
15. What is Sampson's nickname for Cross?
(a) He refers to him as the Mastermindless.
(b) Cross-eyed Gary.
(c) He keeps calling him "sugar."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mastermind want from Justine?
2. What does Cross do to Cletus Anderson when he calls him a racial epithet?
3. What line of work are the suspects in the MetroHartford kidnapping in?
4. What is Cross' hunch about the Mastermind?
5. Traces of what were found in the farmhouse sink?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)