Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
2. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
3. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
4. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
5. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
Write a critique of Stoppard's play. Detail what you think are its strong points and where you think it might have been improved. At the end of your critique, rate it from one to five stars as a recommendation for someone else to read or see.
Write a paper on how reading a play is different from reading a novel. In a play, how much depends on the imagination of the reader? What is included in a novel that is missing from a play? What part does "seeing" play in the reading of a drama?
Write a paper describing the characters of Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, and the Player as you see them? What are their strengths and weaknesses? How well do you like them? Can you recall people from real life that are similar?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)