|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beside the two British Ambassadors, what characters from Shakespeare are on stage at the end of the play?
2. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
3. What is Guildenstern's reply when Rosencrantz says they have nothing to do?
4. Why does Rosencrantz have a coin in both hands?
5. In their conversation, what does the audience gather about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper about the use of language styles in Stoppard's play. To what end does Stoppard utilize Elizabethan English in some scenes and modern English in others. Does this also help in identifying locations?
Essay Topic 2
Write a critique of Stoppard's play. Detail what you think are its strong points and where you think it might have been improved. At the end of your critique, rate it from one to five stars as a recommendation for someone else to read or see.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper describing the characters of Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, and the Player as you see them? What are their strengths and weaknesses? How well do you like them? Can you recall people from real life that are similar?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)