Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
2. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
3. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
4. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
5. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper on madness. Using Hamlet as an example, write about the different ways he appears as mad in the play. Describe the moments in the play when Hamlet seems lucid and behaves like a normal person. Give your opinion about whether Hamlet was acting from madness when he wrote the additional scene to The Murder of Gonzalo.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper about minimalist staging of a play. In ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD, there is little in the way of background or props. What methods are used to indicate locations? Why does the audience accept this kind of staging?
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper on the importance of dialogue in a play. Describe how the dialogue in Stoppard's play sounds real as opposed to being contrived. What does an audience get from the dialogueue? How is dialog in a play like telling a story?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)