Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
2. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
3. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
4. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
5. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
Essay Topic 1
Write a critique of Stoppard's play. Detail what you think are its strong points and where you think it might have been improved. At the end of your critique, rate it from one to five stars as a recommendation for someone else to read or see.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper on staged plays as opposed to films. Discuss what you think the advantages and disadvantages are of both types. What are the elements of entertainment one gets from the staged play that is missing from a film and vice versa? Give examples from your own experience.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper contrasting chance and destiny. Do you believe in destiny or fate? If so, why, and if not, why not?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)