Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
2. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
3. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
5. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Player's misconception about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. What game does Rosencrantz initiate on the ship?
3. What happens over the subject of money?
4. What transpires when Rosencrantz brings up the subject of death?
5. How does Rosencrantz sum up their position?
6. After a blackout when someone shouts for the lights to come up, what does the audience see?
7. How does Guildenstern test the oddity of the coin game?
8. What is the feeling the audience gets from the strange coin spinning game Guildenstern and Rosencrantz play?
9. When Rosencrantz collects the coin that was under the Player's foot, why does he tell Guildenstern that he was lucky?
10. How does Rosencrantz initiate a new coin game?
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper about minimalist staging of a play. In ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD, there is little in the way of background or props. What methods are used to indicate locations? Why does the audience accept this kind of staging?
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper describing the characters of Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, and the Player as you see them? What are their strengths and weaknesses? How well do you like them? Can you recall people from real life that are similar?
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper on political revenge. Discuss in your paper the reasons Claudius had for wanting Hamlet dead. Also address the position of Gertrude as Claudius' wife as well as being Hamlet's mother.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)