|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamlet, Polonius, and Ophelia exit, where are they apparently going?
2. As they are discussing the letter, who emerges from behind the umbrellas and walks toward the lantern?
(a) The soldier
(b) The ship's captain
(d) The troupe
3. What makes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern laugh at this new coin game?
(a) Guildenstern wins back all his coins
(b) They have invented a new game
(c) The coin fall on tails every time
(d) Both of Rosencrantz's hands are empty
4. When they open the letter, what is in it?
(a) Hamlet is exiled to England.
(b) Hamlet will be sent on to the colonies.
(c) Hamlet is to marry the King's daugher.
(d) Hamlet is to be beheaded.
5. Who are the last to die?
(a) Hamlet and the Player swordfight and kill each other.
(b) The two captured pirates are thrown overboard.
(c) Hamlet and Ophelia drink poison and die in each other's arms.
(d) The two remaining tragedians are dressed as Rosencrantz and Guildenstern and are stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the Player dies?
2. What does Hamlet do with the letter he takes from Guildenstern?
3. How does the audience know that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern still do not know where they are?
4. What are the lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii that Hamlet says as Act Two opens?
5. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens over the subject of money?
2. What advice does Rosencrantz give the Player whose troupe is invited to entertain at court?
3. What clue is there as to Hamlet's mental condition?
4. Describe the hilarious scene involving the belts of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
5. What happens when Rosencrantz hears music?
6. Tell about the dialogue between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern after Rosencrantz insists they have permission to leave.
7. What is the tragic news Claudius bears when he and Gertrude enter to find Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
8. How does Rosencrantz sum up their position?
9. When Hamlet does return, what does he say about the body?
10. Describe the funny bowing scene with Hamlet and Claudius.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)