|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
(d) A hundred
2. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Confused about where they are
(b) Confused about what Hamlet said
(c) Confused about the coin game
(d) Confused about who they are
3. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
(a) Which way is east
(b) Where they are
(c) What the weather is like
(d) Why people come in and out
4. What is Rosencrantz's prophetic remark after Hamlet enters with the soldier?
(a) Rosencrantz remarks that "They will have us hanging about till we're dead."
(b) He says that "They will never be allowed to go home at this rate."
(c) He says that "Everything has been crazy all day."
(d) He says that "I think we will have them go with Hamlet."
5. Still in the dark, what do the two realize?
(a) They have escaped from the castle.
(b) They are in a moving carriage.
(c) They can still talk, think, and feel.
(d) They are chained to a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamlet slip away from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
3. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
4. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
5. Who are the last to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the audience know what the stage setting is in Act 3?
2. What does Hamlet ask the Player?
3. How does Rosencrantz sum up their position?
4. What is the lie Rosencrantz tells Claudius?
5. What are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern doing at the beginning of Act 2?
6. What prophetic remark does Rosencrantz make while they wait for instructions?
7. What clue is there as to Hamlet's mental condition?
8. Describe the hilarious scene involving the belts of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
9. When Hamlet does return, what does he say about the body?
10. What happens when the King orders Guildenstern to go and bring Hamlet?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)