|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern hear as they discuss the letter the next morning?
2. In their conversation, what does the audience gather about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) That it clear they never quite know where they are or what is going on
(b) That they never argue bacause they both see things the same way
(c) That they are too educated to understand simple minded people
(d) That they are the butt of a complicated joke
3. What does Guildenstern say about death?
(a) Guildenstern says that death, for them, is not romantic, not a game soon over.
(b) He says that even though he is young, he is ready for death.
(c) He says that death is just a triffle and not worth worring about.
(d) He says that anyone can die but it takes a strong will to live.
4. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
(a) Leave in opposite directions from each other
(b) Whether to believe anyone who speaks to them
(c) Whether to go or stay
(d) Go looking for Hamlet
5. Who are in the barrels?
(a) Ophelia and Gertrude
(b) Stowaways from Denmark
(c) Hamlet's bodyguards
(d) The Player, the troupe, and the musicians
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
2. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. What indicates that Hamlet is insane?
4. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
5. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's rationale for not catching Hamlet?
2. What is the tragic news Claudius bears when he and Gertrude enter to find Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make over what he thinks is a woman?
4. What prophetic remark does Rosencrantz make while they wait for instructions?
5. When Hamlet does return, what does he say about the body?
6. After a blackout when someone shouts for the lights to come up, what does the audience see?
7. How does the audience realize that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are really dead?
8. How does the audience know what the stage setting is in Act 3?
9. Describe the hilarious scene involving the belts of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
10. What happens when Rosencrantz hears music?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)