|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally what does Rosencrantz decide to do?
(a) Hit Hamlet over the head
(b) Leave for home
(c) Call for Claudius
(d) Play another game of coins
2. What is Guildenstern's reply when Rosencrantz says they have nothing to do?
(a) Guildenstern says someone will come tell them what to do.
(b) Guildenstern reminds him that they are taking Hamlet to England.
(c) Guildenstern says they can put on a play.
(d) Guildenstern suggests they write letters.
3. What game do they play to occupy the time?
(a) The guessing game with coins
(b) Twenty questions
(c) A game of chess
(d) The coin spinning game
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
(a) The Player answers that he is going to Denmark.
(b) The Player retorts that he can come and go as he pleases.
(c) The Player tells him he is going to wash costumes.
(d) The Player responds that he is going to find Hamlet.
5. What does Rosencrantz say as he looks out into the audience?
(a) The audience looks asleep.
(b) That must be the raod home.
(c) The sun is sinking in the west.
(d) The direction he is looking must be east.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet, Polonius, and Ophelia exit, where are they apparently going?
2. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
3. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
4. What is strange about where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are throughout the entire play?
5. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lie Rosencrantz tells Claudius?
2. What happens when the King orders Guildenstern to go and bring Hamlet?
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern trying to figure out where they are?
4. How does the audience know what the stage setting is in Act 3?
5. Tell about the dialogue between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern after Rosencrantz insists they have permission to leave.
6. What happens over the subject of money?
7. How does Rosencrantz sum up their position?
8. The stage is dark when Act 3 begins. Describe what the audience hears.
9. After a blackout when someone shouts for the lights to come up, what does the audience see?
10. Describe the hilarious scene involving the belts of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)