|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Confused about where they are
(b) Confused about the coin game
(c) Confused about what Hamlet said
(d) Confused about who they are
2. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
(a) They have been stolen from the palace
(b) They are garments taken from his closet
(c) They are identical to his and Guildenstern's
(d) They are too shabby to wear to court
3. Who is standing upstage and lights a lantern?
(d) The Player
4. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
(a) It is a maid.
(b) It is Ophelia.
(c) It is Hamlet in a dress.
(d) It is the boy, Alfred.
5. When they open the letter, what is in it?
(a) Hamlet will be sent on to the colonies.
(b) Hamlet is to be beheaded.
(c) Hamlet is exiled to England.
(d) Hamlet is to marry the King's daugher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
3. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
4. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
5. What does Rosencrantz say as he looks out into the audience?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hamlet does return, what does he say about the body?
2. After a blackout when someone shouts for the lights to come up, what does the audience see?
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern trying to figure out where they are?
4. When the lights finally do come up in Act 3, what does the audience see?
5. Describe the hilarious scene involving the belts of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
6. What are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern doing at the beginning of Act 2?
7. Tell about the dialogue between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern after Rosencrantz insists they have permission to leave.
8. What happens when Rosencrantz hears music?
9. What blunder does Rosencrantz make over what he thinks is a woman?
10. The stage is dark when Act 3 begins. Describe what the audience hears.
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)