|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sounds in the background at the opening of Act III suggest?
(a) That a battle is going on
(b) That the scene is on a ship
(c) That the scene is in a jail
(d) That the scene is in a carriage.
2. How does Stoppard dramatize the death of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Having them walk out of the single spotlight on them.
(b) Having them climb back into the barrels.
(c) Having them drink poison and fall to the deck.
(d) Having them hang from a mast.
3. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
(a) That he may be an imposter.
(b) That he won't talk to them.
(c) That he is not acting like himself.
(d) That he keeps changing the subject.
4. Who do the two dead spies on stage turn out to be?
(a) Guildenstern and Rosencrantz
(b) Alfred and the Player
(c) Hamlet and Ophelia
(d) Claudius and Gertrude
5. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) How he happens to be at court
(b) What his relationship to Hamlet is
(c) Why he lied about doing The Murder of Gonzago
(d) How important the audience is to the performance
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the audience know that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern still do not know where they are?
2. When Rosencrantz and Guildenstern talk about the weather, what do they decide?
3. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern threaten to do to the Player?
4. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern hear as they discuss the letter the next morning?
5. What does Guildenstern say about Hamlet?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)