|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Up to this point, how have Rosencrantz and Guildenstern proven to be?
(a) Effectual in carrying out Claudius's orders
(b) Very knowledgable about Shakespeare
(c) Helpless and powerless to influence events around them
(d) Sure of themselves and their whereabouts
2. Talking about acting on assumptions, what does the Player ask the two men?
(a) He asks them if they are ready to assume.
(b) He asks them if they understand the word, assume.
(c) He asks them what it is that they assume.
(d) He asks them why they didn't know that.
3. What is Rosencrantz's response when Guildenstern asks how his leg feels?
(d) Chained down
4. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
(a) That he went to England.
(b) That he is in the library.
(c) That he is with the Queen.
(d) That he is under guard.
5. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
(a) That they were called to deliver a message
(b) That they are facing north
(c) That Gertrude is a boy named Alfred
(d) That Hamlet is bing sent to England
Short Answer Questions
1. When they meet the King of England, what troubles Rosencrantz?
2. Who are the last to die?
3. Still in the dark, what do the two realize?
4. Beside the two British Ambassadors, what characters from Shakespeare are on stage at the end of the play?
5. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern trying to figure out where they are?
2. What is the tragic news Claudius bears when he and Gertrude enter to find Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. When Hamlet enters in Act 2, what does he say?
4. What leads up to the death scene and how does it play out?
5. How does the audience realize that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are really dead?
6. What is Rosencrantz's dark question on the subject of death?
7. The stage is dark when Act 3 begins. Describe what the audience hears.
8. What transpires when Rosencrantz brings up the subject of death?
9. Tell about the dialogue between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern after Rosencrantz insists they have permission to leave.
10. What happens over the subject of money?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)