|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates that Hamlet is insane?
(a) He asks nonsense questions and accepts nonsense answers.
(b) He does not recognize Claudius and Gertrude.
(c) He believes Ophelia is a nun.
(d) He is always talking to himself and drags the body of Polonius around.
2. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
(a) The story of a man buried alive
(b) The burial practices of elephants
(c) How coffins were invented
(d) Silly and meaningless jokes about life and death
3. What is Guildenstern's reply when Rosencrantz says they have nothing to do?
(a) Guildenstern reminds him that they are taking Hamlet to England.
(b) Guildenstern suggests they write letters.
(c) Guildenstern says they can put on a play.
(d) Guildenstern says someone will come tell them what to do.
4. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
(a) Seeing if they can make the coin stand on edge
(b) Tossing the coin back and forth between them
(c) Guessing which hand the coin is in
(d) Balancing the coin on their noses
5. What mime does Rosencrantz perform during the discussion of death?
(a) Marching in a funeral procession.
(b) Placing flowers on a grave.
(c) Lying down in a coffin.
(d) Banging on a coffin lid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamlet do with the letter he takes from Guildenstern?
2. How does Hamlet respond when Guildenstern asks how Hamlet's mother and Uncle are deceived?
3. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern hear as they discuss the letter the next morning?
4. Why does Guildenstern say they do not need to worry about what to say to the King?
5. Talking about acting on assumptions, what does the Player ask the two men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hamlet ask the Player?
2. What clue is there as to Hamlet's mental condition?
3. What is the lie Rosencrantz tells Claudius?
4. When Hamlet enters in Act 2, what does he say?
5. What leads up to the death scene and how does it play out?
6. What happens over the subject of money?
7. Describe the hilarious scene involving the belts of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
8. What happens when the King orders Guildenstern to go and bring Hamlet?
9. After a blackout when someone shouts for the lights to come up, what does the audience see?
10. What transpires when Rosencrantz brings up the subject of death?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)