|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
(a) Run off
(b) Laugh because they don't believe him
(c) Wait for him
(d) Say they will stay by his side
2. What does Claudius tell Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) That Gertrude is looking for them
(b) That Hamlet has killed Polonius
(c) That the show is about to start
(d) That Ophelia has gone to a nunnery
3. What happens to the troupe still dressed in their costumes?
(a) They all die in different ways.
(b) They drag Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to center stage.
(c) They walk off the stage.
(d) They join the audience.
4. What morbid questions does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) Do you think the ship will sink?
(b) Do you think death hurts a lot?
(c) Do you think death could possibly be a boat?
(d) Do you think death awaits us in England?
5. Talking about acting on assumptions, what does the Player ask the two men?
(a) He asks them if they understand the word, assume.
(b) He asks them what it is that they assume.
(c) He asks them why they didn't know that.
(d) He asks them if they are ready to assume.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
2. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
3. What does Rosencrantz say as he looks out into the audience?
4. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
5. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern hear as they discuss the letter the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern trying to figure out where they are?
2. When the lights finally do come up in Act 3, what does the audience see?
3. What is Guildenstern's rationale for not catching Hamlet?
4. What leads up to the death scene and how does it play out?
5. After a blackout when someone shouts for the lights to come up, what does the audience see?
6. What happens over the subject of money?
7. When Hamlet does return, what does he say about the body?
8. Tell about the dialogue between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern after Rosencrantz insists they have permission to leave.
9. What game does Rosencrantz initiate on the ship?
10. What is the lie Rosencrantz tells Claudius?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)