|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
(a) Where his body is
(b) Who told them he was dead
(c) Why did Hamlet kill him
(d) What they know about him
2. Who do the two dead spies on stage turn out to be?
(a) Guildenstern and Rosencrantz
(b) Hamlet and Ophelia
(c) Alfred and the Player
(d) Claudius and Gertrude
3. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
(a) The Player retorts that he can come and go as he pleases.
(b) The Player answers that he is going to Denmark.
(c) The Player responds that he is going to find Hamlet.
(d) The Player tells him he is going to wash costumes.
4. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
(a) Silly and meaningless jokes about life and death
(b) The burial practices of elephants
(c) The story of a man buried alive
(d) How coffins were invented
5. What happens when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make a snare for Hamlet out of their belts?
(a) Rosencrantz's pants fall down around his ankles.
(b) Hamlet sees them and runs away.
(c) The belts are not long enough.
(d) Guildenstern's belt breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
2. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
3. Why does Rosencrantz have a coin in both hands?
4. What does Guildenstern say about Hamlet?
5. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)