|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
(a) Death on a stage
(b) Death of an actor
(c) Death at sea
(d) Their own death
2. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
(a) He complains that he never has time to talk to anyone.
(b) He complains that people are always coming and going.
(c) He complains that he cannot remember their names.
(d) He complains that he never gets to lie down and rest.
3. What amusing thing happens with the barrels?
(a) The barrels roll over and into the audience.
(b) People pop out of different barrels than the ones they entered.
(c) The barrels break open and spills everyone onot the deck.
(d) The pirates get into the barrels and the troupe nails them inside.
4. Who do the two dead spies on stage turn out to be?
(a) Claudius and Gertrude
(b) Alfred and the Player
(c) Guildenstern and Rosencrantz
(d) Hamlet and Ophelia
5. Who are in the barrels?
(a) Hamlet's bodyguards
(b) Ophelia and Gertrude
(c) Stowaways from Denmark
(d) The Player, the troupe, and the musicians
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is standing upstage and lights a lantern?
2. What does Guildenstern do with a dagger he takes from the Player?
3. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
4. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
5. What do the sounds in the background at the opening of Act III suggest?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)