|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say when Guildenstern wonders if they will ever return?
(a) He says they will return when the weather is warmer.
(b) He says thay cannot return because they do not know where they are.
(c) He asks why they would ever want to return.
(d) He says he will never leave home again.
2. What does Guildenstern do with a dagger he takes from the Player?
(a) He cleans his nails.
(b) He uses it to slice bread.
(c) He cuts the Player's throat.
(d) He plunges it into the Player all the way to the hilt.
3. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
(a) That he went to England.
(b) That he is with the Queen.
(c) That he is in the library.
(d) That he is under guard.
4. When they meet the King of England, what troubles Rosencrantz?
(a) Roesncrantz fears they might be in trouble.
(b) Rosencrantz is nervous about what they will say.
(c) Rosencrantz does not know how to speak English.
(d) Rosencrantz thinks their clothes are not good enough.
5. Still in the dark, what do the two realize?
(a) They have escaped from the castle.
(b) They can still talk, think, and feel.
(c) They are chained to a wall.
(d) They are in a moving carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
2. Who do the two dead spies on stage turn out to be?
3. How does Hamlet slip away from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. Why does Rosencrantz have a coin in both hands?
5. What question does Guildenstern put to the Player?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the lie Rosencrantz tells Claudius?
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern trying to figure out where they are?
3. What game does Rosencrantz initiate on the ship?
4. After a blackout when someone shouts for the lights to come up, what does the audience see?
5. How does Rosencrantz initiate a new coin game?
6. What happens when Rosencrantz hears music?
7. What advice does Rosencrantz give the Player whose troupe is invited to entertain at court?
8. What happens when the King orders Guildenstern to go and bring Hamlet?
9. How does the audience realize that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are really dead?
10. When Hamlet enters in Act 2, what does he say?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)