|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius tell Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) That Ophelia has gone to a nunnery
(b) That Hamlet has killed Polonius
(c) That Gertrude is looking for them
(d) That the show is about to start
2. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
(a) The guard enters saying that hamlet got away.
(b) Hamlet runs across the stage followed by an angry troupe.
(c) A scream is hear coming from inside the palace.
(d) Hamlet is escorted in at that moment and he and his escort follow Claudius off stage.
3. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
(a) As Guildenstern
(b) As my dearest friend
(c) As Polonius
(d) As Ophelia
4. Talking about acting on assumptions, what does the Player ask the two men?
(a) He asks them what it is that they assume.
(b) He asks them why they didn't know that.
(c) He asks them if they are ready to assume.
(d) He asks them if they understand the word, assume.
5. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They think they know the answer.
(c) They are satisfied.
(d) They are confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say as he looks out into the audience?
2. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
3. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
4. What happens after the Player dies?
5. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prophetic remark does Rosencrantz make while they wait for instructions?
2. Describe the funny bowing scene with Hamlet and Claudius.
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make over what he thinks is a woman?
4. What leads up to the death scene and how does it play out?
5. What are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern doing at the beginning of Act 2?
6. What is the tragic news Claudius bears when he and Gertrude enter to find Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
7. How does Rosencrantz initiate a new coin game?
8. What causes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to laugh over the new coin game?
9. Describe the hilarious scene involving the belts of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
10. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern trying to figure out where they are?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)