|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
(a) Either insanity or anger
(b) Either fear or excitement
(c) Either jealousy or revenge
(d) Either hate or love
2. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
(a) They have been stolen from the palace
(b) They are too shabby to wear to court
(c) They are garments taken from his closet
(d) They are identical to his and Guildenstern's
3. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
(a) That he has gone into hiding.
(b) That he is being interrogated by the King.
(c) That he is being taken to England by a soldier.
(d) That he has escaped to Norway.
4. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
(a) That they clean their costumes before they perform at court.
(b) That they use court language when they address Hamlet, Claudius, and Gertrude.
(c) That they must not mention having met them on the road to the court.
(d) That must provide an excellent performance at court, and may not present their usual smutty acts.
5. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) If he has ever thought of himself as dead, in a box with a lid on it
(b) If he thinks he will never die
(c) If he is afraid to face death
(d) If he thinks death is like falling asleep for a while
Short Answer Questions
1. When they open the letter, what is in it?
2. What does Guildenstern do with a dagger he takes from the Player?
3. In their conversation, what does the audience gather about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. What happens after the Player dies?
5. How does Hamlet slip away from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)