|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sounds in the background at the opening of Act III suggest?
(a) That the scene is in a jail
(b) That the scene is in a carriage.
(c) That the scene is on a ship
(d) That a battle is going on
2. What is Rosencrantz's prophetic remark after Hamlet enters with the soldier?
(a) He says that "Everything has been crazy all day."
(b) He says that "They will never be allowed to go home at this rate."
(c) He says that "I think we will have them go with Hamlet."
(d) Rosencrantz remarks that "They will have us hanging about till we're dead."
3. What does Rosencrantz say as he looks out into the audience?
(a) That must be the raod home.
(b) The sun is sinking in the west.
(c) The audience looks asleep.
(d) The direction he is looking must be east.
4. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
(a) It is Hamlet in a dress.
(b) It is the boy, Alfred.
(c) It is Ophelia.
(d) It is a maid.
5. What happens when Rosencrantz kicks one of the large barrels?
(a) The music stops.
(b) It yells at him.
(c) It tips over.
(d) The lid pops open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
2. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern hear as they discuss the letter the next morning?
3. What does Guildenstern do with a dagger he takes from the Player?
4. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
5. What happens to the troupe still dressed in their costumes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prophetic remark does Rosencrantz make while they wait for instructions?
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern trying to figure out where they are?
3. When Hamlet does return, what does he say about the body?
4. Tell about the dialogue between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern after Rosencrantz insists they have permission to leave.
5. What leads up to the death scene and how does it play out?
6. What happens over the subject of money?
7. How does Rosencrantz initiate a new coin game?
8. What is Rosencrantz's dark question on the subject of death?
9. What is the tragic news Claudius bears when he and Gertrude enter to find Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
10. What happens when Rosencrantz hears music?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)