|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
(b) A hundred
2. What is Guildenstern's reply when Rosencrantz says they have nothing to do?
(a) Guildenstern says someone will come tell them what to do.
(b) Guildenstern suggests they write letters.
(c) Guildenstern says they can put on a play.
(d) Guildenstern reminds him that they are taking Hamlet to England.
3. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) If he thinks he will never die
(b) If he is afraid to face death
(c) If he has ever thought of himself as dead, in a box with a lid on it
(d) If he thinks death is like falling asleep for a while
4. Still in the dark, what do the two realize?
(a) They can still talk, think, and feel.
(b) They are chained to a wall.
(c) They are in a moving carriage.
(d) They have escaped from the castle.
5. What do Hamlet, the Player, Rosencrantz, and Guildenstern do when pirates attack?
(a) Call for the soldier and the captain
(b) Beg for mercy
(c) Leap into the barrels
(d) Jump overboard
6. What happens to the troupe still dressed in their costumes?
(a) They walk off the stage.
(b) They join the audience.
(c) They all die in different ways.
(d) They drag Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to center stage.
7. When Rosencrantz and Guildenstern talk about the weather, what do they decide?
(a) That it's warm for Winter.
(b) That it's Autumn.
(c) That it's unusually cold for this time of year.
(d) That it's Spring.
8. Who are the last to die?
(a) The two remaining tragedians are dressed as Rosencrantz and Guildenstern and are stabbed.
(b) Hamlet and the Player swordfight and kill each other.
(c) The two captured pirates are thrown overboard.
(d) Hamlet and Ophelia drink poison and die in each other's arms.
9. When the King wants to see Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz do?
(a) Orders Guildenstern to go get him
(b) Runs off stage
(c) Looks around to see if he came back
(d) Starts shouting Hamlet's name
10. What does Guildenstern do with a dagger he takes from the Player?
(a) He plunges it into the Player all the way to the hilt.
(b) He cleans his nails.
(c) He uses it to slice bread.
(d) He cuts the Player's throat.
11. Why does Guildenstern say they do not need to worry about what to say to the King?
(a) They have a letter from Claudius to the English King.
(b) They always think of something.
(c) The soldier will speak for them.
(d) The King will only want to talk to Hamlet.
12. What is Rosencrantz's response when Guildenstern asks how his leg feels?
(a) Chained down
13. In their conversation, what does the audience gather about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) That they are too educated to understand simple minded people
(b) That they never argue bacause they both see things the same way
(c) That it clear they never quite know where they are or what is going on
(d) That they are the butt of a complicated joke
14. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
(b) To Rosencrantz
(c) A nunnery
(d) To bed
15. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They think they know the answer.
(b) They are satisfied.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they bicker about?
2. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
3. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
4. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
5. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)