|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hamlet doing?
(a) Carrying a bloody daggar
(b) Reading a book
(c) Dragging the body of Polonius
(d) Looking for Ophelia
2. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
(a) Hamlet is escorted in at that moment and he and his escort follow Claudius off stage.
(b) A scream is hear coming from inside the palace.
(c) The guard enters saying that hamlet got away.
(d) Hamlet runs across the stage followed by an angry troupe.
3. When they open the letter, what is in it?
(a) Hamlet will be sent on to the colonies.
(b) Hamlet is to be beheaded.
(c) Hamlet is to marry the King's daugher.
(d) Hamlet is exiled to England.
4. What morbid questions does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) Do you think death could possibly be a boat?
(b) Do you think death awaits us in England?
(c) Do you think the ship will sink?
(d) Do you think death hurts a lot?
5. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
(a) That they clean their costumes before they perform at court.
(b) That must provide an excellent performance at court, and may not present their usual smutty acts.
(c) That they must not mention having met them on the road to the court.
(d) That they use court language when they address Hamlet, Claudius, and Gertrude.
6. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
(a) He complains that he cannot remember their names.
(b) He complains that he never gets to lie down and rest.
(c) He complains that people are always coming and going.
(d) He complains that he never has time to talk to anyone.
7. What is Rosencrantz's prophetic remark after Hamlet enters with the soldier?
(a) He says that "They will never be allowed to go home at this rate."
(b) Rosencrantz remarks that "They will have us hanging about till we're dead."
(c) He says that "Everything has been crazy all day."
(d) He says that "I think we will have them go with Hamlet."
8. Who is standing upstage and lights a lantern?
(a) The Player
9. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
(a) Guildenstern comments that they are on a path, to which they are condemned.
(b) Guildenstern remarks that they are on trial.
(c) Guildenstern says they will come to no good end.
(d) Guildenstern suggests they are in a madhouse.
10. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
(a) That he is not acting like himself.
(b) That he may be an imposter.
(c) That he won't talk to them.
(d) That he keeps changing the subject.
11. What does Guildenstern say about death?
(a) Guildenstern says that death, for them, is not romantic, not a game soon over.
(b) He says that death is just a triffle and not worth worring about.
(c) He says that even though he is young, he is ready for death.
(d) He says that anyone can die but it takes a strong will to live.
12. What is Rosencrantz's response when Guildenstern asks how his leg feels?
(b) Chained down
13. What does Rosencrantz say when Guildenstern wonders if they will ever return?
(a) He asks why they would ever want to return.
(b) He says he will never leave home again.
(c) He says they will return when the weather is warmer.
(d) He says thay cannot return because they do not know where they are.
14. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) If he has ever thought of himself as dead, in a box with a lid on it
(b) If he is afraid to face death
(c) If he thinks death is like falling asleep for a while
(d) If he thinks he will never die
15. What is Guildenstern's reply when Rosencrantz says they have nothing to do?
(a) Guildenstern says someone will come tell them what to do.
(b) Guildenstern reminds him that they are taking Hamlet to England.
(c) Guildenstern suggests they write letters.
(d) Guildenstern says they can put on a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the troupe still dressed in their costumes?
2. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
3. What happens when Rosencrantz kicks one of the large barrels?
4. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern hear as they discuss the letter the next morning?
5. What happens when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make a snare for Hamlet out of their belts?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)