Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About things that go bump in the night
(b) About the fife and drum
(c) About unicorns
(d) About calssical music
2. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Draw his sword
(b) Keep playing until he started to win
(c) Examine the coins
(d) Quit before he lost everything
3. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player falls at his feet.
(b) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
(c) The Player doubts his word.
(d) The Player runs away.
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(b) That they must be dreaming.
(c) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(d) That he was becoming tired of playing.
5. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
(b) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(c) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(d) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
6. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they have to do something else?
(b) Will they tell anyone?
(c) Will they be free to go home?
(d) Will they get a large reward?
7. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
(a) That he seldom spoke.
(b) That he had red hair.
(c) That he has changed.
(d) Thet he has lost weight.
8. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go home.
(b) He wants to go to church.
(c) He wants to go to Denmark.
(d) He wants to go to Spain.
9. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(b) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
(c) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(d) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
10. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
(a) Rosencrantz says he has gotten them into a fine mess.
(b) Rosencrantz says that is easy for him to say.
(c) Rosencrantz asks how he knows that.
(d) Rosencrantz asks for how long.
11. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
12. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Only a few plays that they have memorized
(b) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
(c) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(d) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
13. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(a) Divine intervention
(c) Mental telepathy
14. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "Amen."
(b) She says, "Praise the Lord."
(c) She says, "Thy will be done."
(d) She says, "You need more than prayer."
15. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(b) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
(c) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(d) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
2. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
3. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
4. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
5. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)