Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, p. 1-20
1. Describe Rosencrantz and Guildenstern as the play opens.
2. What is the feeling the audience gets from the strange coin spinning game Guildenstern and Rosencrantz play?
3. How does Guildenstern come across as the more intelligent of the two men?
4. What appears to be the relationship between the two men?
5. How does the subject of fear affect both Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
6. What does Guildenstern's comment that he is afraid today is his day mean?
This section contains 796 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)