|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guildenstern say they do not need to worry about what to say to the King?
(a) They have a letter from Claudius to the English King.
(b) The soldier will speak for them.
(c) They always think of something.
(d) The King will only want to talk to Hamlet.
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Rose and Guild
(b) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(c) Crantz and Stern
(d) Ros and Guil
3. What is Rosencrantz's response when Guildenstern asks how his leg feels?
(c) Chained down
4. Who is standing upstage and lights a lantern?
(c) The Player
5. Talking about acting on assumptions, what does the Player ask the two men?
(a) He asks them what it is that they assume.
(b) He asks them if they understand the word, assume.
(c) He asks them if they are ready to assume.
(d) He asks them why they didn't know that.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
2. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
3. Where do Rosencrantz and Guilderstern finally ascertain that they are?
4. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
5. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)