|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
(a) Rosencrantz asks for how long.
(b) Rosencrantz says that is easy for him to say.
(c) Rosencrantz says he has gotten them into a fine mess.
(d) Rosencrantz asks how he knows that.
2. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
(a) Either hate or love
(b) Either jealousy or revenge
(c) Either insanity or anger
(d) Either fear or excitement
3. Finally what does Rosencrantz decide to do?
(a) Call for Claudius
(b) Play another game of coins
(c) Leave for home
(d) Hit Hamlet over the head
4. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
(a) Why did Hamlet kill him
(b) Where his body is
(c) What they know about him
(d) Who told them he was dead
5. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A small bag of coins
(b) A handful of coins
(c) A single coin
(d) A coin for each actor
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the troupe still dressed in their costumes?
2. Beside the two British Ambassadors, what characters from Shakespeare are on stage at the end of the play?
3. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
4. What are the lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii that Hamlet says as Act Two opens?
5. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)