|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays from classical Greek drama
(b) Plays that have never been performed before
(c) Plays where the audience participates
(d) Plays that last over three hours
2. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(b) Anthony and Cleopatra
(c) Hamlet and Ophelia
(d) Ariel and Puck
3. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "Amen."
(b) She says, "You need more than prayer."
(c) She says, "Thy will be done."
(d) She says, "Praise the Lord."
4. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
(a) Death scenes
(b) Love scenes
(c) Action scenes
(d) Bawdy scenes
5. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That the Danish army is revolting
(b) That Ophelia has lost her mind
(c) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
(d) That Hamlet is suicidal
Short Answer Questions
1. Beside the two British Ambassadors, what characters from Shakespeare are on stage at the end of the play?
2. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. How does the audience know that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern still do not know where they are?
4. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
5. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)