|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
(a) He is apologetic for winning all of Guildenstern's money.
(b) He is confident that everything will now turn out all right.
(c) He understands everything that is happening around him.
(d) Rosencrantz continues to feel stressed and seems to feel a death is coming.
2. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They think they know the answer.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are satisfied.
3. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They stop speaking French.
(b) They sound terrified.
(c) They revert to common language.
(d) They speak in riddles.
4. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He lets it land in his other hand.
(b) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(c) He tosses two coins at once.
(d) He tosses it much farther away.
5. What happens when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make a snare for Hamlet out of their belts?
(a) Rosencrantz's pants fall down around his ankles.
(b) Hamlet sees them and runs away.
(c) Guildenstern's belt breaks.
(d) The belts are not long enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange comment does Rosencrantz make about questions?
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
4. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
5. What indicates that Hamlet is insane?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)