|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
2. What question does Guildenstern put to the Player?
(a) He asks the Player what he and Rosencrantz are supposed to do.
(b) He asks what he and Rosencrantz need to know.
(c) He asks where they can find Hamlet.
(d) He asks which way is north.
3. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
(a) He asks Guildenstern what just happened.
(b) He asks Guildenstern what his name is.
(c) He cannot remember the coin game
(d) He asks which way they entered the room.
4. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
(b) The Player doubts his word.
(c) The Player runs away.
(d) The Player falls at his feet.
5. Why is the troupe in disfavor from the King?
(a) They insulted Gertrude.
(b) He did not like their play.
(c) They got drunk at court.
(d) Their costumes were shabby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rosencrantz and Guilderstern finally ascertain that they are?
2. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern threaten to do to the Player?
3. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
4. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
5. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)