|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Hamlet bow?
(a) Seeing Claudius approaching
(b) Seeing the Player approach
(c) Thinking of Ophelia
(d) Tying his shoelace
2. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(b) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
(c) Six men on white horses with bells
(d) Six milkmaids heading for the market
3. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(d) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
4. How does Hamlet respond when Guildenstern asks how Hamlet's mother and Uncle are deceived?
(a) By saying they are trying to kill him
(b) With nonsense lines about direction, the wind, and hawks and handsaws
(c) By saying they think he is mad
(d) With a line about being and not being which Guildenstern does not understand
5. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says it is in their script.
(b) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
(c) He says nothing is pure chance.
(d) He says it was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
2. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
3. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
4. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
5. What happens to the troupe still dressed in their costumes?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)