|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
(a) As Polonius
(b) As my dearest friend
(c) As Ophelia
(d) As Guildenstern
2. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
(a) Adam and Eve in the Garden in their original costumes
(b) Bawdy barroom ballads acted out by the mimes as the musician splay and sing
(c) Great Tragedies and comedies they have performed before kings
(d) Rapes are mentioned and he alludes to wives and "ravished virgins" and asks if he is getting warm.
3. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They stop speaking French.
(b) They revert to common language.
(c) They speak in riddles.
(d) They sound terrified.
4. When they open the letter, what is in it?
(a) Hamlet is to marry the King's daugher.
(b) Hamlet is to be beheaded.
(c) Hamlet will be sent on to the colonies.
(d) Hamlet is exiled to England.
5. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
(a) By two white horses
(b) By two donkeys
(c) By two of the actors
(d) By the two musicians
Short Answer Questions
1. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
2. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
3. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern hear as they discuss the letter the next morning?
4. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
5. What does Guildenstern do with a dagger he takes from the Player?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)