|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(b) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(c) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(d) He does not think about it.
2. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
(a) Tossing the coin back and forth between them
(b) Balancing the coin on their noses
(c) Seeing if they can make the coin stand on edge
(d) Guessing which hand the coin is in
3. Up to this point, how have Rosencrantz and Guildenstern proven to be?
(a) Helpless and powerless to influence events around them
(b) Sure of themselves and their whereabouts
(c) Effectual in carrying out Claudius's orders
(d) Very knowledgable about Shakespeare
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That they must be dreaming.
(b) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(c) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(d) That something was dreadfully wrong.
5. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
(a) That they are clever but unlucky
(b) That Rosencrantz wears his pants too large
(c) That Guldenstern is wearing two belts
(d) That they are once again inept or helpless
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hamlet, the Player, Rosencrantz, and Guildenstern do when pirates attack?
2. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
3. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
5. What does Claudius tell Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)