|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(b) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(c) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(d) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
2. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
(b) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(c) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(d) To sell them the musical instruments
3. What is Hamlet doing?
(a) Reading a book
(b) Carrying a bloody daggar
(c) Dragging the body of Polonius
(d) Looking for Ophelia
4. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(b) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(c) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(d) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
5. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
(a) Love scenes
(b) Death scenes
(c) Bawdy scenes
(d) Action scenes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
2. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
3. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
5. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)