|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the King wants to see Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz do?
(a) Starts shouting Hamlet's name
(b) Orders Guildenstern to go get him
(c) Looks around to see if he came back
(d) Runs off stage
2. What is Rosencrantz's prophetic remark after Hamlet enters with the soldier?
(a) He says that "They will never be allowed to go home at this rate."
(b) He says that "Everything has been crazy all day."
(c) Rosencrantz remarks that "They will have us hanging about till we're dead."
(d) He says that "I think we will have them go with Hamlet."
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(b) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
4. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any famous people
(b) Any playwrights
(c) Any popular songs
(d) Any plays
5. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
(a) Where his body is
(b) What they know about him
(c) Why did Hamlet kill him
(d) Who told them he was dead
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
2. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
3. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
4. What are the lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii that Hamlet says as Act Two opens?
5. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)