|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow at the same rate
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
2. What play does Hamlet ask the Player if his troupe can perform?
(a) A Midsummer Night's Dream
(b) The Tempest
(c) The Murder of Gonzago
(d) Julius Caesar
3. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
(a) He suggests that guildenstern is trying to lose.
(b) He points out that Guildenstern has done all the spinning.
(c) He declares that he always has good luck at gambling.
(d) He offers to give back all the coins.
4. Talking about acting on assumptions, what does the Player ask the two men?
(a) He asks them if they understand the word, assume.
(b) He asks them if they are ready to assume.
(c) He asks them why they didn't know that.
(d) He asks them what it is that they assume.
5. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
(a) He asks which way they entered the room.
(b) He asks Guildenstern what just happened.
(c) He cannot remember the coin game
(d) He asks Guildenstern what his name is.
Short Answer Questions
1. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
2. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. How does Hamlet slip away from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
5. What does Guildenstern do with a dagger he takes from the Player?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)