|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
(b) He is drunk and cannot walk.
(c) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
(d) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
2. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
(a) He says they've been there long enough.
(b) He says no one will miss them.
(c) He says they have permission to go.
(d) He says Hamlet doesn't want them there.
3. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
4. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
(a) Hamlet is escorted in at that moment and he and his escort follow Claudius off stage.
(b) Hamlet runs across the stage followed by an angry troupe.
(c) A scream is hear coming from inside the palace.
(d) The guard enters saying that hamlet got away.
5. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
(a) As moonlight
(b) As late afternoon
(c) As twinkling candles
(d) As sunrise
Short Answer Questions
1. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
2. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
3. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
5. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)