|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet do with the letter he takes from Guildenstern?
(a) He tears it into a thousand pieces.
(b) He goes behind the umbrella and reads it.
(c) He burns it with flame from the lantern.
(d) He wads it up and tosses it into the sea.
2. What does Guildenstern do with a dagger he takes from the Player?
(a) He cuts the Player's throat.
(b) He plunges it into the Player all the way to the hilt.
(c) He cleans his nails.
(d) He uses it to slice bread.
3. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(b) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
(c) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(d) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
4. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
(a) To Rosencrantz
(b) To bed
(c) A nunnery
5. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
(a) So they can be free
(b) So they know where they are
(c) So they can tell their friends about the adventure
(d) So they get home before dark
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
2. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
4. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
5. Why is the troupe in disfavor from the King?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)