|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's prophetic remark after Hamlet enters with the soldier?
(a) He says that "I think we will have them go with Hamlet."
(b) He says that "They will never be allowed to go home at this rate."
(c) Rosencrantz remarks that "They will have us hanging about till we're dead."
(d) He says that "Everything has been crazy all day."
2. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(b) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
(c) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
(d) Only a few plays that they have memorized
3. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
4. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
(a) How coffins were invented
(b) The burial practices of elephants
(c) The story of a man buried alive
(d) Silly and meaningless jokes about life and death
5. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) If he has ever thought of himself as dead, in a box with a lid on it
(b) If he is afraid to face death
(c) If he thinks he will never die
(d) If he thinks death is like falling asleep for a while
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
2. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
3. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
4. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
5. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)