|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "Thy will be done."
(b) She says, "Amen."
(c) She says, "You need more than prayer."
(d) She says, "Praise the Lord."
2. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
(a) How coffins were invented
(b) The story of a man buried alive
(c) The burial practices of elephants
(d) Silly and meaningless jokes about life and death
3. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
(a) So they can be free
(b) So they get home before dark
(c) So they can tell their friends about the adventure
(d) So they know where they are
4. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they tell anyone?
(b) Will they have to do something else?
(c) Will they be free to go home?
(d) Will they get a large reward?
5. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
(a) He runs for his costume.
(b) He asks what a precedent is.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He starts dancing around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
2. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
3. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
5. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)