|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
2. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of gravity
(b) The law of probability
(c) The law of geometry
(d) The law of the land
3. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
(b) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(c) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
(d) Only a few plays that they have memorized
4. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They beg the Player to take it.
(b) They laugh and turn to leave.
(c) They dive for it.
(d) They spit on the coin.
5. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The school of mimery
(b) The stand-up comedy school
(c) The school of ballet
(d) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
2. What happens to the troupe still dressed in their costumes?
3. What play does Hamlet ask the Player if his troupe can perform?
4. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
5. What props are on the stage as the lights finally come up on Act III?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)