|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of gravity
(b) The law of probability
(c) The law of the land
(d) The law of geometry
2. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(b) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(c) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(d) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
3. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
(b) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
(c) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(d) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
4. Who is standing upstage and lights a lantern?
(d) The Player
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Gives them to beggars
(b) Spins them
(c) Bites them
(d) Buys fruit
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
2. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
3. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
5. When Rosencrantz and Guildenstern talk about the weather, what do they decide?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)