|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
(a) That they will make a lot of money this time.
(b) That the only beginnings and endings are birth and death.
(c) That Hamlet will confide in them.
(d) That they will be at home by nightfall.
2. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They spit on the coin.
(b) They beg the Player to take it.
(c) They dive for it.
(d) They laugh and turn to leave.
3. When Hamlet, Polonius, and Ophelia exit, where are they apparently going?
4. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
(a) Where his body is
(b) Who told them he was dead
(c) What they know about him
(d) Why did Hamlet kill him
5. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About unicorns
(b) About calssical music
(c) About things that go bump in the night
(d) About the fife and drum
Short Answer Questions
1. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
2. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
3. What game do they play to occupy the time?
4. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
5. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)