|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hamlet, the Player, Rosencrantz, and Guildenstern do when pirates attack?
(a) Jump overboard
(b) Leap into the barrels
(c) Beg for mercy
(d) Call for the soldier and the captain
2. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
(a) So they know where they are
(b) So they get home before dark
(c) So they can be free
(d) So they can tell their friends about the adventure
3. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He tosses it much farther away.
(b) He tosses two coins at once.
(c) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(d) He lets it land in his other hand.
4. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow at the same rate
(b) Whether they should be worn long or short
(c) Whether they are like toenails
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
5. Who is standing upstage and lights a lantern?
(c) The Player
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
2. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
3. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
4. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
5. What are the instruments the musicians play?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)