|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) If he has ever thought of himself as dead, in a box with a lid on it
(b) If he thinks death is like falling asleep for a while
(c) If he is afraid to face death
(d) If he thinks he will never die
2. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They speak in riddles.
(b) They revert to common language.
(c) They stop speaking French.
(d) They sound terrified.
3. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of geometry
(b) The law of the land
(c) The law of probability
(d) The law of gravity
4. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
(a) That he needs to learn how to toss coins.
(b) That his arm has grown too tired to toss properly.
(c) That he is somehow willing for Rosencrantz to win.
(d) That the coins are heavier on one side than the other.
5. What does Hamlet do with the letter he takes from Guildenstern?
(a) He tears it into a thousand pieces.
(b) He wads it up and tosses it into the sea.
(c) He burns it with flame from the lantern.
(d) He goes behind the umbrella and reads it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
2. What play does Hamlet ask the Player if his troupe can perform?
3. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
4. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
5. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)