|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
(a) Either fear or excitement
(b) Either insanity or anger
(c) Either hate or love
(d) Either jealousy or revenge
2. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(a) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
(b) His hand is dirty.
3. What do the sounds in the background at the opening of Act III suggest?
(a) That the scene is on a ship
(b) That the scene is in a carriage.
(c) That a battle is going on
(d) That the scene is in a jail
4. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
(a) He says they've been there long enough.
(b) He says they have permission to go.
(c) He says no one will miss them.
(d) He says Hamlet doesn't want them there.
5. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About things that go bump in the night
(b) About unicorns
(c) About the fife and drum
(d) About calssical music
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
2. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
3. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
4. What happens to the troupe still dressed in their costumes?
5. Where does the Player say they got The Murder of Gonzago?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)