|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
(b) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
(c) He is drunk and cannot walk.
(d) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
2. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
(a) A nunnery
(c) To bed
(d) To Rosencrantz
3. What does Hamlet do with the letter he takes from Guildenstern?
(a) He tears it into a thousand pieces.
(b) He goes behind the umbrella and reads it.
(c) He wads it up and tosses it into the sea.
(d) He burns it with flame from the lantern.
4. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(b) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(c) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
(d) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
5. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
(a) He is apologetic for winning all of Guildenstern's money.
(b) Rosencrantz continues to feel stressed and seems to feel a death is coming.
(c) He is confident that everything will now turn out all right.
(d) He understands everything that is happening around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern say about death?
2. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
3. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
4. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
5. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)