|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About calssical music
(b) About unicorns
(c) About things that go bump in the night
(d) About the fife and drum
2. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
(a) Rosencrantz continues to feel stressed and seems to feel a death is coming.
(b) He is apologetic for winning all of Guildenstern's money.
(c) He understands everything that is happening around him.
(d) He is confident that everything will now turn out all right.
3. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(a) A show
(c) Musical instruments
4. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
(a) Be inquisitive and ask a lot of questions.
(b) Be alert, tread carefully, and follow instructions.
(c) Be irate and demand to go home.
(d) Be confident, get the answers, and go home.
5. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
(a) The coin was almost lost.
(b) The coin was on tails.
(c) The coin was on heads again.
(d) The coin was buried in the sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. How does Hamlet respond when Guildenstern asks how Hamlet's mother and Uncle are deceived?
3. In their conversation, what does the audience gather about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
5. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)