|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Quit before he lost everything
(b) Keep playing until he started to win
(c) Examine the coins
(d) Draw his sword
2. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He tosses two coins at once.
(b) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(c) He tosses it much farther away.
(d) He lets it land in his other hand.
3. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
(a) Hamlet refers to them as friends and asks how they are.
(b) Hamlet asks them what they are doing at court.
(c) Hamlet does not recognize them.
(d) Hamlet shouts and runs off stage.
4. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
(a) That he won't talk to them.
(b) That he may be an imposter.
(c) That he is not acting like himself.
(d) That he keeps changing the subject.
5. In their conversation, what does the audience gather about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) That they never argue bacause they both see things the same way
(b) That it clear they never quite know where they are or what is going on
(c) That they are too educated to understand simple minded people
(d) That they are the butt of a complicated joke
Short Answer Questions
1. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
2. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
4. Finally what does Rosencrantz decide to do?
5. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)