|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A question for which he had no answer
(b) A man coming to summon them to court
(c) A time when he had not studied for an examination
(d) A play he saw about death
2. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Confused about what Hamlet said
(b) Confused about who they are
(c) Confused about where they are
(d) Confused about the coin game
3. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
(a) That he is being taken to England by a soldier.
(b) That he is being interrogated by the King.
(c) That he has escaped to Norway.
(d) That he has gone into hiding.
4. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
(a) He says they've been there long enough.
(b) He says they have permission to go.
(c) He says no one will miss them.
(d) He says Hamlet doesn't want them there.
5. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He fails to mention their names.
(b) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(c) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(d) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
3. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
4. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
5. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)