|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hamlet doing?
(a) Carrying a bloody daggar
(b) Looking for Ophelia
(c) Dragging the body of Polonius
(d) Reading a book
2. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They laugh and turn to leave.
(b) They beg the Player to take it.
(c) They dive for it.
(d) They spit on the coin.
3. What indicates that Hamlet is insane?
(a) He does not recognize Claudius and Gertrude.
(b) He asks nonsense questions and accepts nonsense answers.
(c) He believes Ophelia is a nun.
(d) He is always talking to himself and drags the body of Polonius around.
4. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Biting them before tossing them
(b) Trying different ways of tossing them
(c) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(d) Using only the heaviest coins
5. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A time when he had not studied for an examination
(b) A question for which he had no answer
(c) A man coming to summon them to court
(d) A play he saw about death
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
2. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
3. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
4. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
5. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)