|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
(b) He says it was.
(c) He says nothing is pure chance.
(d) He says it is in their script.
2. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go to church.
(b) He wants to go to Denmark.
(c) He wants to go to Spain.
(d) He wants to go home.
3. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A question for which he had no answer
(b) A play he saw about death
(c) A man coming to summon them to court
(d) A time when he had not studied for an examination
4. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Only a few plays that they have memorized
(b) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(c) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
(d) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
5. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(d) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
3. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
4. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
5. What is Rosencrantz's prophetic remark after Hamlet enters with the soldier?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)