|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They commit to stay and to do whatever they can do to assist.
(b) They will not tell Hamlet what Gertrude said.
(c) They will play one game of coins.
(d) They will get the troupe to help them.
2. What exchange is there between Hamlet and Ophelia?
(a) Hamlet is laughing and Ophelia is shocked.
(b) Ophelia is crying and Hamlet tries to comfort her.
(c) Ophelia is shouting at Hamlet.
(d) Hamlet sighs and stares into Ophelia's face.
3. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
(a) That they are now done with them.
(b) That he does not remember coming inside.
(c) That Hamlet has given himself up.
(d) That Claudius is not angry anymore.
4. When Rosencrantz and Guildenstern talk about the weather, what do they decide?
(a) That it's warm for Winter.
(b) That it's unusually cold for this time of year.
(c) That it's Autumn.
(d) That it's Spring.
5. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
(a) What they know about him
(b) Where his body is
(c) Why did Hamlet kill him
(d) Who told them he was dead
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
2. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
3. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
5. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)