|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
(a) That he is being taken to England by a soldier.
(b) That he is being interrogated by the King.
(c) That he has escaped to Norway.
(d) That he has gone into hiding.
2. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
(a) Either fear or excitement
(b) Either insanity or anger
(c) Either jealousy or revenge
(d) Either hate or love
3. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(b) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(c) He does not think about it.
(d) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
4. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
(b) A hundred
5. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
(b) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(c) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
(d) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
2. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
3. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
4. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
5. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)