|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
(a) He says it's an easy way to earn a living.
(b) He says he never really thought about it.
(c) He says he always wanted to be an actor.
(d) He says he does not.
2. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A handful of coins
(b) A single coin
(c) A small bag of coins
(d) A coin for each actor
3. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They speak in riddles.
(b) They are too stunned to speak.
(c) They use Shakespearean English.
(d) The speak French.
4. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
(a) Where they are
(b) Which way is east
(c) Why people come in and out
(d) What the weather is like
5. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters after Hamlet and Ophelia exit the stage?
2. What strange comment does Rosencrantz make about questions?
3. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
4. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
5. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)