|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
(a) They get ten points for each unanswerable question.
(b) Rosencrantz uses tennis term to keep score, but nothing makes sense.
(c) They make tally marks on the ground.
(d) Rosencrantz gives guildenstern a coin for each correct answer.
2. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
3. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
(a) That they must not mention having met them on the road to the court.
(b) That must provide an excellent performance at court, and may not present their usual smutty acts.
(c) That they clean their costumes before they perform at court.
(d) That they use court language when they address Hamlet, Claudius, and Gertrude.
4. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
(a) That it will soon be over and they can go home.
(b) That it is probably all a dream.
(c) That Claudius will explain everyting to them.
(d) That they are fortunate that they are presented with alternatives.
5. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
(a) Guildenstern remarks that they are on trial.
(b) Guildenstern comments that they are on a path, to which they are condemned.
(c) Guildenstern suggests they are in a madhouse.
(d) Guildenstern says they will come to no good end.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
2. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
3. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
4. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
5. What is Hamlet doing?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)