|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They revert to common language.
(b) They speak in riddles.
(c) They stop speaking French.
(d) They sound terrified.
2. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) Fifty six
(b) Seventy nine
(c) One hundred
(d) Eighty five
3. When the King wants to see Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz do?
(a) Orders Guildenstern to go get him
(b) Runs off stage
(c) Starts shouting Hamlet's name
(d) Looks around to see if he came back
4. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
(a) That he has escaped to Norway.
(b) That he has gone into hiding.
(c) That he is being taken to England by a soldier.
(d) That he is being interrogated by the King.
5. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
(b) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(c) To sell them the musical instruments
(d) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
2. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern threaten to do to the Player?
3. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
4. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
5. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)