|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
(a) That his arm has grown too tired to toss properly.
(b) That the coins are heavier on one side than the other.
(c) That he is somehow willing for Rosencrantz to win.
(d) That he needs to learn how to toss coins.
2. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The stand-up comedy school
(b) The school of ballet
(c) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(d) The school of mimery
3. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He pretends to black out.
(b) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
(c) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
(d) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
4. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
(d) A hundred
5. When the King wants to see Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz do?
(a) Runs off stage
(b) Starts shouting Hamlet's name
(c) Orders Guildenstern to go get him
(d) Looks around to see if he came back
Short Answer Questions
1. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
2. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
3. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
4. What does Claudius tell Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
5. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)