|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
(a) Leave in opposite directions from each other
(b) Go looking for Hamlet
(c) Whether to go or stay
(d) Whether to believe anyone who speaks to them
2. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
(b) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
(c) He pretends to black out.
(d) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
3. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
(a) The guard enters saying that hamlet got away.
(b) A scream is hear coming from inside the palace.
(c) Hamlet is escorted in at that moment and he and his escort follow Claudius off stage.
(d) Hamlet runs across the stage followed by an angry troupe.
4. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
5. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
(a) The Player challenges to throw more coins.
(b) The Player falls to his knees scrambling for the coin.
(c) The Player looks at it and declares it heads.
(d) The Player spits on the coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
2. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
3. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
4. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
5. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)