|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go home.
(b) He wants to go to church.
(c) He wants to go to Spain.
(d) He wants to go to Denmark.
2. What are the lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii that Hamlet says as Act Two opens?
(a) Out, out, damned spot.
(b) The forest is coming to Elsinore.
(c) Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well.
(d) S'blood, there is something in this more than natural, if philosophy could find it out.
3. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They sound terrified.
(b) They revert to common language.
(c) They stop speaking French.
(d) They speak in riddles.
4. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they grow at the same rate
5. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
(a) That he seldom spoke.
(b) That he has changed.
(c) That he had red hair.
(d) Thet he has lost weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
2. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
3. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
4. What question does Guildenstern put to the Player?
5. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)