|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
(a) That it is probably all a dream.
(b) That they are fortunate that they are presented with alternatives.
(c) That Claudius will explain everyting to them.
(d) That it will soon be over and they can go home.
2. Who enters after Hamlet and Ophelia exit the stage?
(a) Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony
(b) Claudius and Gertrude
(c) Ariel and Puck
(d) The Player and the troupe
3. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
4. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(b) Musical instruments
(d) A show
5. Up to this point, how have Rosencrantz and Guildenstern proven to be?
(a) Effectual in carrying out Claudius's orders
(b) Sure of themselves and their whereabouts
(c) Helpless and powerless to influence events around them
(d) Very knowledgable about Shakespeare
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamlet slip away from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
4. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
5. What does Claudius tell Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)