|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
(a) He asks what a precedent is.
(b) He starts dancing around.
(c) He runs for his costume.
(d) He begins to cry.
2. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
(a) Be confident, get the answers, and go home.
(b) Be alert, tread carefully, and follow instructions.
(c) Be inquisitive and ask a lot of questions.
(d) Be irate and demand to go home.
3. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) There is no chance of chance.
(b) It was written into a script.
(c) It might have been fate.
(d) Stranger things have happened.
4. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
(a) Balancing the coin on their noses
(b) Seeing if they can make the coin stand on edge
(c) Guessing which hand the coin is in
(d) Tossing the coin back and forth between them
5. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "You need more than prayer."
(b) She says, "Thy will be done."
(c) She says, "Praise the Lord."
(d) She says, "Amen."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
2. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
3. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
4. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
5. What is strange about where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are throughout the entire play?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)