|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
(a) Hamlet shouts and runs off stage.
(b) Hamlet refers to them as friends and asks how they are.
(c) Hamlet asks them what they are doing at court.
(d) Hamlet does not recognize them.
2. What question does Guildenstern put to the Player?
(a) He asks the Player what he and Rosencrantz are supposed to do.
(b) He asks where they can find Hamlet.
(c) He asks what he and Rosencrantz need to know.
(d) He asks which way is north.
3. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six men on white horses with bells
(b) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
(c) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(d) Six milkmaids heading for the market
4. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
(b) Only a few plays that they have memorized
(c) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(d) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
5. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That they must be dreaming.
(b) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(c) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(d) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
2. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
3. How does Hamlet slip away from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
5. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)