|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(b) Whether they grow at the same rate
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they are like toenails
2. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Confused about who they are
(b) Confused about what Hamlet said
(c) Confused about where they are
(d) Confused about the coin game
3. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays that last over three hours
(b) Plays that have never been performed before
(c) Plays from classical Greek drama
(d) Plays where the audience participates
4. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Draw his sword
(b) Examine the coins
(c) Keep playing until he started to win
(d) Quit before he lost everything
5. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
(b) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(c) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(d) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
2. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
3. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
5. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)