|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strange about where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are throughout the entire play?
(a) They think they are in England.
(b) They are always in the same place and the action and characters come to them.
(c) They are either on the road or in the castle.
(d) They move quickly from place to place.
2. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A man coming to summon them to court
(b) A time when he had not studied for an examination
(c) A question for which he had no answer
(d) A play he saw about death
3. What play does Hamlet ask the Player if his troupe can perform?
(a) The Tempest
(b) Julius Caesar
(c) A Midsummer Night's Dream
(d) The Murder of Gonzago
4. When the King wants to see Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz do?
(a) Runs off stage
(b) Orders Guildenstern to go get him
(c) Starts shouting Hamlet's name
(d) Looks around to see if he came back
5. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern threaten to do to the Player?
(a) Expose him for a fraud
(b) Cut out his tongue
(c) Dance on his grave
(d) Have him arrested
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Hamlet bow?
2. What is Rosencrantz's prophetic remark after Hamlet enters with the soldier?
3. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
4. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
5. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)