|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 121 to 0
(b) 89 to 0
(c) 100 to 0
(d) 85 to 6
2. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
(a) The guard enters saying that hamlet got away.
(b) Hamlet runs across the stage followed by an angry troupe.
(c) A scream is hear coming from inside the palace.
(d) Hamlet is escorted in at that moment and he and his escort follow Claudius off stage.
3. What indicates that Hamlet is insane?
(a) He believes Ophelia is a nun.
(b) He is always talking to himself and drags the body of Polonius around.
(c) He does not recognize Claudius and Gertrude.
(d) He asks nonsense questions and accepts nonsense answers.
4. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(a) Divine intervention
(b) Mental telepathy
5. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
(a) That they clean their costumes before they perform at court.
(b) That must provide an excellent performance at court, and may not present their usual smutty acts.
(c) That they use court language when they address Hamlet, Claudius, and Gertrude.
(d) That they must not mention having met them on the road to the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the instruments the musicians play?
2. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
3. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
4. What does Rosencrantz say as he looks out into the audience?
5. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)