|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They think they know the answer.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are satisfied.
2. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(b) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
(c) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(d) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
3. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go to church.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) He wants to go to Spain.
(d) He wants to go to Denmark.
4. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
(a) Rosencrantz says he has gotten them into a fine mess.
(b) Rosencrantz asks for how long.
(c) Rosencrantz asks how he knows that.
(d) Rosencrantz says that is easy for him to say.
5. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
(b) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
(c) He is drunk and cannot walk.
(d) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
2. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
3. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
4. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
5. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)