|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
(a) That his arm has grown too tired to toss properly.
(b) That the coins are heavier on one side than the other.
(c) That he needs to learn how to toss coins.
(d) That he is somehow willing for Rosencrantz to win.
2. What are the instruments the musicians play?
(a) Drum, flute, and horn
(b) Bagpipe, horn, and cymbals
(c) Horn, flute, and harpsichord
(d) Trumpet, drum, and harp
3. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern threaten to do to the Player?
(a) Cut out his tongue
(b) Dance on his grave
(c) Expose him for a fraud
(d) Have him arrested
4. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
(a) That Rosencrantz wears his pants too large
(b) That they are clever but unlucky
(c) That Guldenstern is wearing two belts
(d) That they are once again inept or helpless
5. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
(a) They get ten points for each unanswerable question.
(b) They make tally marks on the ground.
(c) Rosencrantz uses tennis term to keep score, but nothing makes sense.
(d) Rosencrantz gives guildenstern a coin for each correct answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
2. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
3. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
4. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
5. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)