|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hamlet doing?
(a) Carrying a bloody daggar
(b) Reading a book
(c) Dragging the body of Polonius
(d) Looking for Ophelia
2. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About calssical music
(b) About things that go bump in the night
(c) About unicorns
(d) About the fife and drum
3. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
(a) That they should threaten Hamlet.
(b) That they should move Hamlet toward pleasurable things
(c) That they should kidnap him.
(d) That they should blackmail Hamlet.
4. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(b) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(c) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(d) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 100 to 0
(b) 121 to 0
(c) 89 to 0
(d) 85 to 6
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
2. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
3. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
4. What indicates that Hamlet is insane?
5. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)