|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
(a) Guessing which hand the coin is in
(b) Seeing if they can make the coin stand on edge
(c) Tossing the coin back and forth between them
(d) Balancing the coin on their noses
2. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That Ophelia has lost her mind
(b) That the Danish army is revolting
(c) That Hamlet is suicidal
(d) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(b) Trying different ways of tossing them
(c) Biting them before tossing them
(d) Using only the heaviest coins
4. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
(a) He tells Guildenstern that for a price they will do King Lear in the nude.
(b) He asks Guildenstern if he would like the troupe to remove their clothes.
(c) He confides to Guildenstern that, for a price, he has a bawdy performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women.
(d) He winks at Guildenstern and suggests he would like to participate in something other than fighting.
5. What strange comment does Rosencrantz make about questions?
(a) That he understands the questions but has no answers.
(b) That questions always lead to more questions.
(c) That he remembers when there were no questions.
(d) That questions give him a headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
2. What makes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern laugh at this new coin game?
3. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
4. What is strange about where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are throughout the entire play?
5. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)