|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
(a) The Player responds that he is going to find Hamlet.
(b) The Player retorts that he can come and go as he pleases.
(c) The Player answers that he is going to Denmark.
(d) The Player tells him he is going to wash costumes.
2. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
(b) He pretends to black out.
(c) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
(d) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
3. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
(a) The story of a man buried alive
(b) How coffins were invented
(c) Silly and meaningless jokes about life and death
(d) The burial practices of elephants
4. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Confused about who they are
(b) Confused about what Hamlet said
(c) Confused about the coin game
(d) Confused about where they are
5. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
(a) It is a maid.
(b) It is Hamlet in a dress.
(c) It is Ophelia.
(d) It is the boy, Alfred.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
2. What makes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern laugh at this new coin game?
3. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
4. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
5. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)