|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
(b) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(c) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
(d) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
2. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They think they know the answer.
(b) They are satisfied.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are happy.
3. What are the instruments the musicians play?
(a) Trumpet, drum, and harp
(b) Horn, flute, and harpsichord
(c) Drum, flute, and horn
(d) Bagpipe, horn, and cymbals
4. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About things that go bump in the night
(b) About unicorns
(c) About calssical music
(d) About the fife and drum
5. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(b) Whether they should be worn long or short
(c) Whether they grow at the same rate
(d) Whether they are like toenails
Short Answer Questions
1. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
2. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
3. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
4. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
5. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)