|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They think they know the answer.
(b) They are satisfied.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are happy.
2. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The school of ballet
(b) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(c) The school of mimery
(d) The stand-up comedy school
3. What question does Guildenstern put to the Player?
(a) He asks what he and Rosencrantz need to know.
(b) He asks where they can find Hamlet.
(c) He asks the Player what he and Rosencrantz are supposed to do.
(d) He asks which way is north.
4. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow at the same rate
(b) Whether they should be worn long or short
(c) Whether they are like toenails
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
5. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
(a) Rosencrantz asks how he knows that.
(b) Rosencrantz says that is easy for him to say.
(c) Rosencrantz says he has gotten them into a fine mess.
(d) Rosencrantz asks for how long.
Short Answer Questions
1. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
2. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
3. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
4. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
5. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)