|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(b) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
(c) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
(d) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
2. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They revert to common language.
(b) They stop speaking French.
(c) They speak in riddles.
(d) They sound terrified.
3. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
(a) The Player tells him he is going to wash costumes.
(b) The Player retorts that he can come and go as he pleases.
(c) The Player answers that he is going to Denmark.
(d) The Player responds that he is going to find Hamlet.
4. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
5. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
(a) Anthony and Cleopatra
(b) Hamlet and Ophelia
(c) Romeo and Juliet
(d) Ariel and Puck
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern threaten to do to the Player?
2. How does Hamlet respond when Guildenstern asks how Hamlet's mother and Uncle are deceived?
3. What play does Hamlet ask the Player if his troupe can perform?
4. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
5. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)