|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(b) The coins seem to disappear.
(c) The coins are made of wood.
(d) The coins all come up heads.
2. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Using only the heaviest coins
(b) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(c) Trying different ways of tossing them
(d) Biting them before tossing them
3. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A small bag of coins
(b) A handful of coins
(c) A single coin
(d) A coin for each actor
4. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They revert to common language.
(b) They speak in riddles.
(c) They stop speaking French.
(d) They sound terrified.
5. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) If he has ever thought of himself as dead, in a box with a lid on it
(b) If he thinks death is like falling asleep for a while
(c) If he is afraid to face death
(d) If he thinks he will never die
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
2. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
3. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
4. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
5. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)