|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
(a) Rosencrantz uses tennis term to keep score, but nothing makes sense.
(b) Rosencrantz gives guildenstern a coin for each correct answer.
(c) They make tally marks on the ground.
(d) They get ten points for each unanswerable question.
2. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) If he thinks he will never die
(b) If he has ever thought of himself as dead, in a box with a lid on it
(c) If he is afraid to face death
(d) If he thinks death is like falling asleep for a while
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they should be worn long or short
(b) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(c) Whether they grow at the same rate
(d) Whether they are like toenails
4. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) To sing and dance
(b) To play a game of coins
(c) To explain why they are there
(d) To try to figure out what is bothering Hamlet
5. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A man coming to summon them to court
(b) A time when he had not studied for an examination
(c) A play he saw about death
(d) A question for which he had no answer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
2. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
3. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
4. What makes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern laugh at this new coin game?
5. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)