|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
(a) He says it's an easy way to earn a living.
(b) He says he always wanted to be an actor.
(c) He says he never really thought about it.
(d) He says he does not.
2. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) The speak French.
(b) They use Shakespearean English.
(c) They speak in riddles.
(d) They are too stunned to speak.
3. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They commit to stay and to do whatever they can do to assist.
(b) They will not tell Hamlet what Gertrude said.
(c) They will play one game of coins.
(d) They will get the troupe to help them.
4. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
(a) That they use court language when they address Hamlet, Claudius, and Gertrude.
(b) That they clean their costumes before they perform at court.
(c) That they must not mention having met them on the road to the court.
(d) That must provide an excellent performance at court, and may not present their usual smutty acts.
5. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
(a) Death at sea
(b) Death on a stage
(c) Their own death
(d) Death of an actor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
2. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
3. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. What are the instruments the musicians play?
5. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)