|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The school of mimery
(b) The stand-up comedy school
(c) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(d) The school of ballet
2. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(b) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
(c) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
(d) Only a few plays that they have memorized
3. What play does Hamlet ask the Player if his troupe can perform?
(a) A Midsummer Night's Dream
(b) The Tempest
(c) The Murder of Gonzago
(d) Julius Caesar
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(b) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
(c) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
(d) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
5. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
(a) He says he always wanted to be an actor.
(b) He says he never really thought about it.
(c) He says it's an easy way to earn a living.
(d) He says he does not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
2. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
3. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
4. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
5. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)