|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(b) The school of ballet
(c) The stand-up comedy school
(d) The school of mimery
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Rose and Guild
(b) Ros and Guil
(c) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(d) Crantz and Stern
3. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
(b) The Player runs away.
(c) The Player doubts his word.
(d) The Player falls at his feet.
4. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About the fife and drum
(b) About calssical music
(c) About things that go bump in the night
(d) About unicorns
5. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
(a) He wonders whether it is natural or supernatural.
(b) He questions whether it is luck or lack of faith.
(c) He examines the coins to see if they are double headed.
(d) He keeps watching Rosencrantz to see if he cheats.
Short Answer Questions
1. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
2. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
3. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
4. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
5. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)