|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(b) The coins are made of wood.
(c) The coins all come up heads.
(d) The coins seem to disappear.
2. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
(a) That he has changed.
(b) Thet he has lost weight.
(c) That he had red hair.
(d) That he seldom spoke.
3. What strange comment does Rosencrantz make about questions?
(a) That questions give him a headache.
(b) That he understands the questions but has no answers.
(c) That questions always lead to more questions.
(d) That he remembers when there were no questions.
4. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
(a) Rosencrantz uses tennis term to keep score, but nothing makes sense.
(b) Rosencrantz gives guildenstern a coin for each correct answer.
(c) They make tally marks on the ground.
(d) They get ten points for each unanswerable question.
5. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
(a) The Player falls to his knees scrambling for the coin.
(b) The Player spits on the coin.
(c) The Player looks at it and declares it heads.
(d) The Player challenges to throw more coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
2. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
3. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
4. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)