|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They laugh and turn to leave.
(b) They spit on the coin.
(c) They dive for it.
(d) They beg the Player to take it.
2. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
(a) They are garments taken from his closet
(b) They have been stolen from the palace
(c) They are identical to his and Guildenstern's
(d) They are too shabby to wear to court
3. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(b) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
(c) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(d) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
4. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go to Denmark.
(b) He wants to go to church.
(c) He wants to go home.
(d) He wants to go to Spain.
5. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They think they know the answer.
(c) They are satisfied.
(d) They are happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
3. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
4. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
5. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)