|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
(a) Either fear or excitement
(b) Either jealousy or revenge
(c) Either hate or love
(d) Either insanity or anger
2. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
(a) It is the boy, Alfred.
(b) It is Ophelia.
(c) It is Hamlet in a dress.
(d) It is a maid.
3. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(d) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
4. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
(a) They have been stolen from the palace
(b) They are too shabby to wear to court
(c) They are identical to his and Guildenstern's
(d) They are garments taken from his closet
5. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(b) Musical instruments
(c) A show
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
2. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
3. What are the lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii that Hamlet says as Act Two opens?
4. What does Guildenstern say about Hamlet?
5. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)