|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He lets it land in his other hand.
(b) He tosses two coins at once.
(c) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(d) He tosses it much farther away.
2. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(b) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(c) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
(d) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
3. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A single coin
(b) A handful of coins
(c) A coin for each actor
(d) A small bag of coins
4. What exchange is there between Hamlet and Ophelia?
(a) Hamlet sighs and stares into Ophelia's face.
(b) Ophelia is crying and Hamlet tries to comfort her.
(c) Ophelia is shouting at Hamlet.
(d) Hamlet is laughing and Ophelia is shocked.
5. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(b) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(c) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(d) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern laugh at this new coin game?
2. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
3. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
4. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
5. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)