|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
(a) As my dearest friend
(b) As Polonius
(c) As Guildenstern
(d) As Ophelia
2. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
(a) Death of an actor
(b) Their own death
(c) Death on a stage
(d) Death at sea
3. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They are satisfied.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They think they know the answer.
4. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
(a) He is apologetic for winning all of Guildenstern's money.
(b) He understands everything that is happening around him.
(c) Rosencrantz continues to feel stressed and seems to feel a death is coming.
(d) He is confident that everything will now turn out all right.
5. What exchange is there between Hamlet and Ophelia?
(a) Hamlet sighs and stares into Ophelia's face.
(b) Ophelia is crying and Hamlet tries to comfort her.
(c) Ophelia is shouting at Hamlet.
(d) Hamlet is laughing and Ophelia is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet, Polonius, and Ophelia exit, where are they apparently going?
2. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
3. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
4. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
5. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)