|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
(a) Great Tragedies and comedies they have performed before kings
(b) Adam and Eve in the Garden in their original costumes
(c) Rapes are mentioned and he alludes to wives and "ravished virgins" and asks if he is getting warm.
(d) Bawdy barroom ballads acted out by the mimes as the musician splay and sing
2. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(b) He does not think about it.
(c) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(d) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
3. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
(b) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
(c) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
(d) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
4. What are the lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii that Hamlet says as Act Two opens?
(a) Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well.
(b) S'blood, there is something in this more than natural, if philosophy could find it out.
(c) The forest is coming to Elsinore.
(d) Out, out, damned spot.
5. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says nothing is pure chance.
(b) He says it was.
(c) He says it is in their script.
(d) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
2. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
3. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
4. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
5. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)