|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters after Hamlet and Ophelia exit the stage?
(a) Ariel and Puck
(b) Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony
(c) Claudius and Gertrude
(d) The Player and the troupe
2. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Keep playing until he started to win
(b) Examine the coins
(c) Quit before he lost everything
(d) Draw his sword
3. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(b) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
(c) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
(d) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
4. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They think they know the answer.
(d) They are satisfied.
5. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
(b) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(c) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(d) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
2. What are the instruments the musicians play?
3. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
4. What mime does Rosencrantz perform during the discussion of death?
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)