|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
(a) Hamlet refers to them as friends and asks how they are.
(b) Hamlet shouts and runs off stage.
(c) Hamlet asks them what they are doing at court.
(d) Hamlet does not recognize them.
2. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(b) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(c) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
(d) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
3. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
(a) Guildenstern remarks that they are on trial.
(b) Guildenstern says they will come to no good end.
(c) Guildenstern comments that they are on a path, to which they are condemned.
(d) Guildenstern suggests they are in a madhouse.
4. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays where the audience participates
(b) Plays that last over three hours
(c) Plays from classical Greek drama
(d) Plays that have never been performed before
5. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of gravity
(b) The law of the land
(c) The law of geometry
(d) The law of probability
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
2. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
3. What play does Hamlet ask the Player if his troupe can perform?
4. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
5. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)