|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(b) That they must be dreaming.
(c) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(d) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
2. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A man coming to summon them to court
(b) A play he saw about death
(c) A question for which he had no answer
(d) A time when he had not studied for an examination
3. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Confused about what Hamlet said
(b) Confused about the coin game
(c) Confused about who they are
(d) Confused about where they are
4. Where does the Player say they got The Murder of Gonzago?
(a) Hamlet gave them the script.
(b) They wrote it themselves.
(c) They found it in a book.
(d) They stole it from the Italians.
5. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
(a) If he is afraid to face death
(b) If he thinks he will never die
(c) If he thinks death is like falling asleep for a while
(d) If he has ever thought of himself as dead, in a box with a lid on it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
2. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
3. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. When Hamlet, Polonius, and Ophelia exit, where are they apparently going?
5. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)