|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They are too stunned to speak.
(b) They use Shakespearean English.
(c) The speak French.
(d) They speak in riddles.
2. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any plays
(b) Any popular songs
(c) Any famous people
(d) Any playwrights
3. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
(a) The story of a man buried alive
(b) How coffins were invented
(c) Silly and meaningless jokes about life and death
(d) The burial practices of elephants
4. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
(a) He is confident that everything will now turn out all right.
(b) Rosencrantz continues to feel stressed and seems to feel a death is coming.
(c) He understands everything that is happening around him.
(d) He is apologetic for winning all of Guildenstern's money.
5. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
(b) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
(c) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(d) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Player say they got The Murder of Gonzago?
2. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
3. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
4. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
5. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)