|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
(a) That he may be an imposter.
(b) That he is not acting like himself.
(c) That he won't talk to them.
(d) That he keeps changing the subject.
2. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) Seventy nine
(b) One hundred
(c) Eighty five
(d) Fifty six
3. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
(a) Rosencrantz says that is easy for him to say.
(b) Rosencrantz asks how he knows that.
(c) Rosencrantz says he has gotten them into a fine mess.
(d) Rosencrantz asks for how long.
4. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
(a) Hamlet and Ophelia
(b) Romeo and Juliet
(c) Ariel and Puck
(d) Anthony and Cleopatra
5. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
(a) As my dearest friend
(b) As Guildenstern
(c) As Ophelia
(d) As Polonius
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet, Polonius, and Ophelia exit, where are they apparently going?
2. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
3. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
4. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
5. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)