|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
(a) That they should move Hamlet toward pleasurable things
(b) That they should threaten Hamlet.
(c) That they should kidnap him.
(d) That they should blackmail Hamlet.
2. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Biting them before tossing them
(b) Using only the heaviest coins
(c) Trying different ways of tossing them
(d) Saying a prayer before tossing them
3. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(b) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(c) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(d) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
4. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About things that go bump in the night
(b) About unicorns
(c) About calssical music
(d) About the fife and drum
5. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
(a) Bawdy scenes
(b) Love scenes
(c) Action scenes
(d) Death scenes
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Guildenstern put to the Player?
2. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
3. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
4. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
5. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)