|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
(a) The Player retorts that he can come and go as he pleases.
(b) The Player tells him he is going to wash costumes.
(c) The Player responds that he is going to find Hamlet.
(d) The Player answers that he is going to Denmark.
2. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
(b) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
(c) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
(d) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
3. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About calssical music
(b) About the fife and drum
(c) About unicorns
(d) About things that go bump in the night
4. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
(a) Balancing the coin on their noses
(b) Guessing which hand the coin is in
(c) Seeing if they can make the coin stand on edge
(d) Tossing the coin back and forth between them
5. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(b) Hamlet and Ophelia
(c) Anthony and Cleopatra
(d) Ariel and Puck
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the instruments the musicians play?
2. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
3. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
4. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
5. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)