|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A small bag of coins
(b) A coin for each actor
(c) A handful of coins
(d) A single coin
2. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He tosses two coins at once.
(b) He tosses it much farther away.
(c) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(d) He lets it land in his other hand.
3. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
(a) The Player falls to his knees scrambling for the coin.
(b) The Player looks at it and declares it heads.
(c) The Player spits on the coin.
(d) The Player challenges to throw more coins.
4. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They sound terrified.
(b) They stop speaking French.
(c) They speak in riddles.
(d) They revert to common language.
5. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
(a) That they should blackmail Hamlet.
(b) That they should kidnap him.
(c) That they should move Hamlet toward pleasurable things
(d) That they should threaten Hamlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
2. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
3. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
4. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
5. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)