|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A man coming to summon them to court
(b) A play he saw about death
(c) A question for which he had no answer
(d) A time when he had not studied for an examination
2. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says it was.
(b) He says nothing is pure chance.
(c) He says it is in their script.
(d) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
3. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He plays a shell game.
(b) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(c) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(d) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
4. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
(a) That hamlet is just play acting.
(b) That Hamlet is suffering from amnesia.
(c) That Hamlet just like to be the center of attention.
(d) That the problem is more than Hamlet's father's death.
5. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They will not tell Hamlet what Gertrude said.
(b) They will play one game of coins.
(c) They will get the troupe to help them.
(d) They commit to stay and to do whatever they can do to assist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
2. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
3. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
4. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
5. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)