|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(b) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(c) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(d) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
2. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
(b) That Hamlet is suicidal
(c) That Ophelia has lost her mind
(d) That the Danish army is revolting
3. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Hamlet and Horatio
(b) Procter and Gamble
(c) Claudius and Polonius
(d) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
4. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About things that go bump in the night
(b) About unicorns
(c) About the fife and drum
(d) About calssical music
5. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(b) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(c) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(d) He thinks something is odd about the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
2. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
3. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
4. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
5. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)