|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(b) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(c) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(d) He is afraid that it really is his day.
2. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
(b) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
(c) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
(d) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(b) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
4. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
(b) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(c) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(d) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
5. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
3. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
4. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
5. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)