|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
(b) To sell them the musical instruments
(c) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(d) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
2. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
(b) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
(c) He is drunk and cannot walk.
(d) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
3. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(b) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(c) He plays a shell game.
(d) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
4. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 100 to 0
(b) 121 to 0
(c) 89 to 0
(d) 85 to 6
5. What strange comment does Rosencrantz make about questions?
(a) That he remembers when there were no questions.
(b) That he understands the questions but has no answers.
(c) That questions always lead to more questions.
(d) That questions give him a headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
2. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
3. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
5. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)