|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A play he saw about death
(b) A man coming to summon them to court
(c) A time when he had not studied for an examination
(d) A question for which he had no answer
2. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
(a) That he needs to learn how to toss coins.
(b) That his arm has grown too tired to toss properly.
(c) That he is somehow willing for Rosencrantz to win.
(d) That the coins are heavier on one side than the other.
3. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) To sing and dance
(b) To explain why they are there
(c) To play a game of coins
(d) To try to figure out what is bothering Hamlet
4. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(d) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Buys fruit
(b) Spins them
(c) Bites them
(d) Gives them to beggars
Short Answer Questions
1. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
2. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
3. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
4. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
5. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)