|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That the Danish army is revolting
(b) That Hamlet is suicidal
(c) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
(d) That Ophelia has lost her mind
2. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A small bag of coins
(b) A single coin
(c) A coin for each actor
(d) A handful of coins
3. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
(b) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
(c) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
(d) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
4. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(b) Mental telepathy
(d) Divine intervention
5. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
(b) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
(c) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
(d) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
2. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
3. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
4. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
5. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)