|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he knows any other game they could play
(b) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(c) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(d) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
2. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That they must be dreaming.
(b) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(c) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(d) That something was dreadfully wrong.
3. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
(a) Be alert, tread carefully, and follow instructions.
(b) Be inquisitive and ask a lot of questions.
(c) Be confident, get the answers, and go home.
(d) Be irate and demand to go home.
4. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(a) A show
(d) Musical instruments
5. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(b) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
(c) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(d) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
2. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
3. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
4. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
5. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)