|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) It might have been fate.
(b) There is no chance of chance.
(c) Stranger things have happened.
(d) It was written into a script.
2. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
(a) Ariel and Puck
(b) Anthony and Cleopatra
(c) Hamlet and Ophelia
(d) Romeo and Juliet
3. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(b) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(c) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(d) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
4. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
(a) They make tally marks on the ground.
(b) Rosencrantz gives guildenstern a coin for each correct answer.
(c) They get ten points for each unanswerable question.
(d) Rosencrantz uses tennis term to keep score, but nothing makes sense.
5. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
(a) He starts dancing around.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He runs for his costume.
(d) He asks what a precedent is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
2. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
3. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
4. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
5. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)