|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
(a) He says it's an easy way to earn a living.
(b) He says he always wanted to be an actor.
(c) He says he does not.
(d) He says he never really thought about it.
2. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
(b) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(c) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(d) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
3. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They spit on the coin.
(b) They beg the Player to take it.
(c) They dive for it.
(d) They laugh and turn to leave.
4. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays where the audience participates
(b) Plays that last over three hours
(c) Plays that have never been performed before
(d) Plays from classical Greek drama
5. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go to Denmark.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) He wants to go to Spain.
(d) He wants to go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
2. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
3. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
4. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
5. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)