|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(b) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
(c) He plays a shell game.
(d) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
2. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
(a) That there are highwaymen about.
(b) That it is a lucky thing they came along.
(c) That there is strength in numbers.
(d) They he is surprised to find gentlemen there.
3. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 121 to 0
(b) 100 to 0
(c) 89 to 0
(d) 85 to 6
4. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
(a) He runs for his costume.
(b) He asks what a precedent is.
(c) He starts dancing around.
(d) He begins to cry.
5. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(b) Biting them before tossing them
(c) Using only the heaviest coins
(d) Trying different ways of tossing them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
2. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
4. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
5. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)