|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(b) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
(c) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(d) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
(b) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(c) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
(d) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
3. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
(a) The Player spits on the coin.
(b) The Player looks at it and declares it heads.
(c) The Player challenges to throw more coins.
(d) The Player falls to his knees scrambling for the coin.
4. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A single coin
(b) A small bag of coins
(c) A handful of coins
(d) A coin for each actor
5. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Hamlet and Horatio
(b) Procter and Gamble
(c) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
(d) Claudius and Polonius
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
2. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
3. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
4. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
5. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)