|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
(a) That questions never bothered him then.
(b) That there were answers for everything.
(c) That he never knew the answers.
(d) That only simple questions were asked.
2. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
3. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(b) He plays a shell game.
(c) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(d) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
4. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(b) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(c) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(d) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
5. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They speak in riddles.
(b) They use Shakespearean English.
(c) They are too stunned to speak.
(d) The speak French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
2. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
3. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
4. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
5. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)