|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(b) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(c) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(d) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
2. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "Praise the Lord."
(b) She says, "You need more than prayer."
(c) She says, "Amen."
(d) She says, "Thy will be done."
3. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) The speak French.
(b) They are too stunned to speak.
(c) They use Shakespearean English.
(d) They speak in riddles.
4. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
(a) Thet he has lost weight.
(b) That he had red hair.
(c) That he has changed.
(d) That he seldom spoke.
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Bites them
(b) Gives them to beggars
(c) Buys fruit
(d) Spins them
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
2. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
4. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
5. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)