|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exchange is there between Hamlet and Ophelia?
(a) Hamlet sighs and stares into Ophelia's face.
(b) Ophelia is shouting at Hamlet.
(c) Ophelia is crying and Hamlet tries to comfort her.
(d) Hamlet is laughing and Ophelia is shocked.
2. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
(a) Hamlet shouts and runs off stage.
(b) Hamlet refers to them as friends and asks how they are.
(c) Hamlet does not recognize them.
(d) Hamlet asks them what they are doing at court.
3. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 100 to 0
(b) 89 to 0
(c) 85 to 6
(d) 121 to 0
4. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of probability
(b) The law of gravity
(c) The law of the land
(d) The law of geometry
5. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays from classical Greek drama
(b) Plays where the audience participates
(c) Plays that have never been performed before
(d) Plays that last over three hours
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
2. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
3. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
4. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
5. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)