|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(b) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(c) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
(d) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
2. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) To play a game of coins
(b) To try to figure out what is bothering Hamlet
(c) To explain why they are there
(d) To sing and dance
3. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go to church.
(b) He wants to go to Spain.
(c) He wants to go to Denmark.
(d) He wants to go home.
4. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
5. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
(a) That there are highwaymen about.
(b) They he is surprised to find gentlemen there.
(c) That there is strength in numbers.
(d) That it is a lucky thing they came along.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
2. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
3. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
4. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
5. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)