|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
(a) Thet he has lost weight.
(b) That he has changed.
(c) That he seldom spoke.
(d) That he had red hair.
2. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(b) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
(c) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
(d) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
3. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
(a) Rosencrantz uses tennis term to keep score, but nothing makes sense.
(b) Rosencrantz gives guildenstern a coin for each correct answer.
(c) They get ten points for each unanswerable question.
(d) They make tally marks on the ground.
4. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(b) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(c) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(d) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
5. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) Seventy nine
(b) One hundred
(c) Fifty six
(d) Eighty five
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
2. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
3. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
4. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
5. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)