|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
(b) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
(c) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
(d) He pretends to black out.
2. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player runs away.
(b) The Player falls at his feet.
(c) The Player doubts his word.
(d) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
3. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they get a large reward?
(b) Will they be free to go home?
(c) Will they tell anyone?
(d) Will they have to do something else?
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
(b) He says it was.
(c) He says it is in their script.
(d) He says nothing is pure chance.
5. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
(a) Thet he has lost weight.
(b) That he had red hair.
(c) That he has changed.
(d) That he seldom spoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
2. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
3. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
4. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
5. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)