|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
2. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They sound terrified.
(b) They stop speaking French.
(c) They revert to common language.
(d) They speak in riddles.
3. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About calssical music
(b) About unicorns
(c) About the fife and drum
(d) About things that go bump in the night
4. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "You need more than prayer."
(b) She says, "Amen."
(c) She says, "Thy will be done."
(d) She says, "Praise the Lord."
5. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
(a) Be inquisitive and ask a lot of questions.
(b) Be confident, get the answers, and go home.
(c) Be alert, tread carefully, and follow instructions.
(d) Be irate and demand to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
2. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
3. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
4. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
5. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)