|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exchange is there between Hamlet and Ophelia?
(a) Hamlet sighs and stares into Ophelia's face.
(b) Ophelia is shouting at Hamlet.
(c) Hamlet is laughing and Ophelia is shocked.
(d) Ophelia is crying and Hamlet tries to comfort her.
2. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
(a) That the problem is more than Hamlet's father's death.
(b) That Hamlet just like to be the center of attention.
(c) That Hamlet is suffering from amnesia.
(d) That hamlet is just play acting.
3. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Hamlet has spoken of them and that she knows how fond of them he is.
(b) There are two of them and Hamlet is alone.
(c) Hamlet will talk to them because they are strangers.
(d) They should get Ophelia to help them.
4. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "You need more than prayer."
(b) She says, "Thy will be done."
(c) She says, "Amen."
(d) She says, "Praise the Lord."
5. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
(a) Hamlet and Ophelia
(b) Anthony and Cleopatra
(c) Romeo and Juliet
(d) Ariel and Puck
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
2. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
4. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
5. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)