|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(b) Musical instruments
(d) A show
2. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That Ophelia has lost her mind
(b) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
(c) That the Danish army is revolting
(d) That Hamlet is suicidal
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Biting them before tossing them
(b) Trying different ways of tossing them
(c) Using only the heaviest coins
(d) Saying a prayer before tossing them
4. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) Seventy nine
(b) Eighty five
(c) One hundred
(d) Fifty six
5. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
(a) Ariel and Puck
(b) Romeo and Juliet
(c) Anthony and Cleopatra
(d) Hamlet and Ophelia
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
2. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
3. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
4. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
5. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)