|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
(b) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(c) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
(d) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
2. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
(a) He questions whether it is luck or lack of faith.
(b) He keeps watching Rosencrantz to see if he cheats.
(c) He wonders whether it is natural or supernatural.
(d) He examines the coins to see if they are double headed.
3. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(b) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(c) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(d) That they must be dreaming.
4. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
(a) If he feels more comfortable speaking French.
(b) If he sometimes forgets what he wanted to say.
(c) If ordinary words often sound strange to him.
(d) If he knows the word for housewife in Danish.
5. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "Amen."
(b) She says, "Thy will be done."
(c) She says, "You need more than prayer."
(d) She says, "Praise the Lord."
Short Answer Questions
1. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
2. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
4. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
5. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)