|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(b) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(c) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(d) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
2. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
(a) If he sometimes forgets what he wanted to say.
(b) If ordinary words often sound strange to him.
(c) If he feels more comfortable speaking French.
(d) If he knows the word for housewife in Danish.
3. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
(b) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
(c) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
(d) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
4. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
(a) Bawdy barroom ballads acted out by the mimes as the musician splay and sing
(b) Rapes are mentioned and he alludes to wives and "ravished virgins" and asks if he is getting warm.
(c) Adam and Eve in the Garden in their original costumes
(d) Great Tragedies and comedies they have performed before kings
5. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That they must be dreaming.
(b) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(c) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(d) That something was dreadfully wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
2. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
3. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
4. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)