|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
(a) That he has changed.
(b) That he had red hair.
(c) Thet he has lost weight.
(d) That he seldom spoke.
2. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(b) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(c) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(d) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
3. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six men on white horses with bells
(b) Six milkmaids heading for the market
(c) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(d) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
4. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He tosses two coins at once.
(b) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(c) He lets it land in his other hand.
(d) He tosses it much farther away.
5. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
(b) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
(c) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
(d) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
2. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
3. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
5. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)