|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(a) Mental telepathy
(b) Divine intervention
2. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Buys fruit
(b) Spins them
(c) Gives them to beggars
(d) Bites them
3. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
(a) He is confident that everything will now turn out all right.
(b) Rosencrantz continues to feel stressed and seems to feel a death is coming.
(c) He understands everything that is happening around him.
(d) He is apologetic for winning all of Guildenstern's money.
4. What are the instruments the musicians play?
(a) Trumpet, drum, and harp
(b) Bagpipe, horn, and cymbals
(c) Drum, flute, and horn
(d) Horn, flute, and harpsichord
5. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The stand-up comedy school
(b) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(c) The school of mimery
(d) The school of ballet
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
2. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
3. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
4. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
5. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)