|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any famous people
(b) Any plays
(c) Any playwrights
(d) Any popular songs
2. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(b) He fails to mention their names.
(c) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(d) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
3. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(b) Musical instruments
(c) A show
4. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
5. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
(a) He points out that Guildenstern has done all the spinning.
(b) He declares that he always has good luck at gambling.
(c) He suggests that guildenstern is trying to lose.
(d) He offers to give back all the coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
3. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
5. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)