|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To sell them the musical instruments
(b) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(c) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(d) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
2. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he knows any other game they could play
(b) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(c) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(d) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
3. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That they must be dreaming.
(b) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(c) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(d) That something was dreadfully wrong.
4. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They speak in riddles.
(b) The speak French.
(c) They are too stunned to speak.
(d) They use Shakespearean English.
5. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Claudius and Polonius
(b) Procter and Gamble
(c) Hamlet and Horatio
(d) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
2. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
3. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
4. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
5. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)