|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
(b) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
(c) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
(d) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
(b) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(c) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
(d) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
3. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
(a) He asks Guildenstern what his name is.
(b) He asks which way they entered the room.
(c) He asks Guildenstern what just happened.
(d) He cannot remember the coin game
4. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Keep playing until he started to win
(b) Examine the coins
(c) Quit before he lost everything
(d) Draw his sword
5. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
(a) That it is probably all a dream.
(b) That it will soon be over and they can go home.
(c) That they are fortunate that they are presented with alternatives.
(d) That Claudius will explain everyting to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
2. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
3. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
4. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
5. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)