|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(b) To sell them the musical instruments
(c) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(d) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
2. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says it was.
(b) He says it is in their script.
(c) He says nothing is pure chance.
(d) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
3. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any plays
(b) Any popular songs
(c) Any playwrights
(d) Any famous people
4. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
(a) Be alert, tread carefully, and follow instructions.
(b) Be inquisitive and ask a lot of questions.
(c) Be irate and demand to go home.
(d) Be confident, get the answers, and go home.
5. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They speak in riddles.
(b) The speak French.
(c) They use Shakespearean English.
(d) They are too stunned to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
2. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
3. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
5. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)