|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Examine the coins
(b) Keep playing until he started to win
(c) Quit before he lost everything
(d) Draw his sword
2. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(b) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(c) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(d) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
3. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
(a) If ordinary words often sound strange to him.
(b) If he feels more comfortable speaking French.
(c) If he knows the word for housewife in Danish.
(d) If he sometimes forgets what he wanted to say.
4. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(b) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
(c) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(d) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
5. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
(b) The Player runs away.
(c) The Player falls at his feet.
(d) The Player doubts his word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
2. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
3. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
4. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
5. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)