|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
(b) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(c) Six milkmaids heading for the market
(d) Six men on white horses with bells
2. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(b) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(c) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
(d) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
3. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They sound terrified.
(b) They revert to common language.
(c) They speak in riddles.
(d) They stop speaking French.
4. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
(a) That Hamlet just like to be the center of attention.
(b) That Hamlet is suffering from amnesia.
(c) That the problem is more than Hamlet's father's death.
(d) That hamlet is just play acting.
5. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
(a) Be alert, tread carefully, and follow instructions.
(b) Be confident, get the answers, and go home.
(c) Be inquisitive and ask a lot of questions.
(d) Be irate and demand to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
2. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
4. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
5. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)