|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
(a) The Player falls to his knees scrambling for the coin.
(b) The Player challenges to throw more coins.
(c) The Player looks at it and declares it heads.
(d) The Player spits on the coin.
2. What strange comment does Rosencrantz make about questions?
(a) That questions always lead to more questions.
(b) That questions give him a headache.
(c) That he remembers when there were no questions.
(d) That he understands the questions but has no answers.
3. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
(a) He confides to Guildenstern that, for a price, he has a bawdy performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women.
(b) He tells Guildenstern that for a price they will do King Lear in the nude.
(c) He winks at Guildenstern and suggests he would like to participate in something other than fighting.
(d) He asks Guildenstern if he would like the troupe to remove their clothes.
4. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player doubts his word.
(b) The Player falls at his feet.
(c) The Player runs away.
(d) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
5. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
(a) Hamlet asks them what they are doing at court.
(b) Hamlet does not recognize them.
(c) Hamlet refers to them as friends and asks how they are.
(d) Hamlet shouts and runs off stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
2. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
3. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
5. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)