|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(b) Ariel and Puck
(c) Anthony and Cleopatra
(d) Hamlet and Ophelia
2. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 121 to 0
(b) 85 to 6
(c) 100 to 0
(d) 89 to 0
3. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
(b) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
(c) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
(d) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says it was.
(b) He says it is in their script.
(c) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
(d) He says nothing is pure chance.
5. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Examine the coins
(b) Draw his sword
(c) Keep playing until he started to win
(d) Quit before he lost everything
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
2. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
3. What are the instruments the musicians play?
4. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
5. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)