|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Hamlet and Horatio
(b) Procter and Gamble
(c) Claudius and Polonius
(d) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
2. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
(a) He runs for his costume.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He asks what a precedent is.
(d) He starts dancing around.
3. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(b) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
(c) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
(d) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
(b) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
(c) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(d) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
5. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
(a) The coin was almost lost.
(b) The coin was on heads again.
(c) The coin was on tails.
(d) The coin was buried in the sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
2. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
3. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
4. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
5. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)