|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
2. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Procter and Gamble
(b) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
(c) Claudius and Polonius
(d) Hamlet and Horatio
3. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
(b) Only a few plays that they have memorized
(c) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(d) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
4. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
(a) The law of Hammurabi
(b) The law of relativity
(c) The law of gravity
(d) The law of diminishing returns
5. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays where the audience participates
(b) Plays that have never been performed before
(c) Plays that last over three hours
(d) Plays from classical Greek drama
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
2. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
3. What strange comment does Rosencrantz make about questions?
4. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
5. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)