|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters after Hamlet and Ophelia exit the stage?
(a) Claudius and Gertrude
(b) Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony
(c) Ariel and Puck
(d) The Player and the troupe
2. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 121 to 0
(b) 85 to 6
(c) 100 to 0
(d) 89 to 0
3. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
(a) By two of the actors
(b) By the two musicians
(c) By two donkeys
(d) By two white horses
4. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Rose and Guild
(b) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(c) Ros and Guil
(d) Crantz and Stern
5. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player doubts his word.
(b) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
(c) The Player runs away.
(d) The Player falls at his feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
2. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
3. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
4. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
5. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)