|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They laugh and turn to leave.
(b) They spit on the coin.
(c) They dive for it.
(d) They beg the Player to take it.
2. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player doubts his word.
(b) The Player runs away.
(c) The Player falls at his feet.
(d) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
3. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
(a) Hamlet does not recognize them.
(b) Hamlet refers to them as friends and asks how they are.
(c) Hamlet asks them what they are doing at court.
(d) Hamlet shouts and runs off stage.
4. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(b) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(c) If he knows any other game they could play
(d) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
5. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
(b) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(c) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(d) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
2. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
3. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
4. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)