|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
(a) Be irate and demand to go home.
(b) Be confident, get the answers, and go home.
(c) Be alert, tread carefully, and follow instructions.
(d) Be inquisitive and ask a lot of questions.
2. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(b) The coins seem to disappear.
(c) The coins are made of wood.
(d) The coins all come up heads.
3. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
(b) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(c) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(d) He plays a shell game.
4. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(b) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(c) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
(d) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
5. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
(a) That the only beginnings and endings are birth and death.
(b) That Hamlet will confide in them.
(c) That they will be at home by nightfall.
(d) That they will make a lot of money this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
2. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
5. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)