|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(b) Crantz and Stern
(c) Rose and Guild
(d) Ros and Guil
2. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(b) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
(c) His hand is dirty.
3. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He tosses two coins at once.
(b) He tosses it much farther away.
(c) He lets it land in his other hand.
(d) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
4. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 89 to 0
(b) 121 to 0
(c) 100 to 0
(d) 85 to 6
5. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(a) A show
(b) Musical instruments
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
2. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
3. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
4. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
5. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)