|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any playwrights
(b) Any popular songs
(c) Any famous people
(d) Any plays
2. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
3. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) The speak French.
(b) They speak in riddles.
(c) They are too stunned to speak.
(d) They use Shakespearean English.
4. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays that have never been performed before
(b) Plays where the audience participates
(c) Plays that last over three hours
(d) Plays from classical Greek drama
5. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
(b) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
(c) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(d) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
2. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
3. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
4. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
5. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)