|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(b) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
(c) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(d) To sell them the musical instruments
2. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
(a) Hamlet asks them what they are doing at court.
(b) Hamlet refers to them as friends and asks how they are.
(c) Hamlet shouts and runs off stage.
(d) Hamlet does not recognize them.
3. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
(a) By two white horses
(b) By two of the actors
(c) By two donkeys
(d) By the two musicians
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
(b) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(c) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
(d) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
5. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(b) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(c) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(d) He thinks something is odd about the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
2. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
3. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
4. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
5. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)