|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
(a) He starts dancing around.
(b) He asks what a precedent is.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He runs for his costume.
2. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says nothing is pure chance.
(b) He says it is in their script.
(c) He says it was.
(d) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
3. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of probability
(b) The law of the land
(c) The law of geometry
(d) The law of gravity
4. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A single coin
(b) A coin for each actor
(c) A small bag of coins
(d) A handful of coins
5. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(b) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(c) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(d) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
2. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
4. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
5. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)