|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
(a) That it is a lucky thing they came along.
(b) That there is strength in numbers.
(c) That there are highwaymen about.
(d) They he is surprised to find gentlemen there.
2. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To sell them the musical instruments
(b) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(c) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(d) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
3. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of geometry
(b) The law of the land
(c) The law of probability
(d) The law of gravity
4. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins seem to disappear.
(b) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(c) The coins all come up heads.
(d) The coins are made of wood.
5. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Biting them before tossing them
(b) Using only the heaviest coins
(c) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(d) Trying different ways of tossing them
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
2. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
3. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
4. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
5. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)