|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
(a) That he is somehow willing for Rosencrantz to win.
(b) That his arm has grown too tired to toss properly.
(c) That the coins are heavier on one side than the other.
(d) That he needs to learn how to toss coins.
2. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) Stranger things have happened.
(b) It was written into a script.
(c) There is no chance of chance.
(d) It might have been fate.
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Using only the heaviest coins
(b) Biting them before tossing them
(c) Trying different ways of tossing them
(d) Saying a prayer before tossing them
4. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
(b) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(c) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
(d) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
5. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
2. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
3. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
4. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
5. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)