|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
(b) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(c) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
(d) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
2. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(b) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
(c) His hand is dirty.
3. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(b) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(c) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(d) He is afraid that someone is coming.
4. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Procter and Gamble
(b) Claudius and Polonius
(c) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
(d) Hamlet and Horatio
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 85 to 6
(b) 121 to 0
(c) 100 to 0
(d) 89 to 0
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
3. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
4. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
5. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)