|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(b) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
2. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(b) He plays a shell game.
(c) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
(d) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
3. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
(b) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(c) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(d) To sell them the musical instruments
4. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(b) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
(c) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
(d) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
5. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(b) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(c) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(d) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
2. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
3. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
4. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
5. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)