|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays that have never been performed before
(b) Plays from classical Greek drama
(c) Plays that last over three hours
(d) Plays where the audience participates
2. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins seem to disappear.
(b) The coins are made of wood.
(c) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(d) The coins all come up heads.
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(b) Rose and Guild
(c) Crantz and Stern
(d) Ros and Guil
4. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) One hundred
(b) Seventy nine
(c) Fifty six
(d) Eighty five
5. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The stand-up comedy school
(b) The school of ballet
(c) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(d) The school of mimery
Short Answer Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
2. What are the instruments the musicians play?
3. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
4. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)