|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Ros and Guil
(b) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(c) Rose and Guild
(d) Crantz and Stern
2. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
3. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(b) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
(c) He plays a shell game.
(d) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
4. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(b) He does not think about it.
(c) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(d) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
5. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The school of ballet
(b) The school of mimery
(c) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(d) The stand-up comedy school
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the instruments the musicians play?
2. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
3. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
5. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)