|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(b) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(c) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
(d) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
2. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(b) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(c) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(d) That they must be dreaming.
3. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
4. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(c) A show
(d) Musical instruments
5. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(b) The school of mimery
(c) The stand-up comedy school
(d) The school of ballet
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
2. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
3. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
4. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
5. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)