|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Claudius and Polonius
(b) Procter and Gamble
(c) Hamlet and Horatio
(d) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
2. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(b) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(c) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(d) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
3. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
4. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of probability
(b) The law of geometry
(c) The law of gravity
(d) The law of the land
5. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays where the audience participates
(b) Plays that last over three hours
(c) Plays that have never been performed before
(d) Plays from classical Greek drama
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
2. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
3. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
4. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
5. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)