|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(b) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
(c) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(d) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
2. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
(a) The law of relativity
(b) The law of gravity
(c) The law of diminishing returns
(d) The law of Hammurabi
3. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(b) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(c) He plays a shell game.
(d) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
4. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 121 to 0
(b) 85 to 6
(c) 100 to 0
(d) 89 to 0
5. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
(b) Hamlet and Horatio
(c) Procter and Gamble
(d) Claudius and Polonius
Short Answer Questions
1. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
2. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
3. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
4. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
5. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)