|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(a) Mental telepathy
(d) Divine intervention
2. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) Stranger things have happened.
(b) There is no chance of chance.
(c) It might have been fate.
(d) It was written into a script.
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Ros and Guil
(b) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(c) Rose and Guild
(d) Crantz and Stern
4. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He fails to mention their names.
(b) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(c) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(d) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
5. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(b) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
(c) Six men on white horses with bells
(d) Six milkmaids heading for the market
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
2. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
3. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
4. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)