|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) One hundred
(b) Eighty five
(c) Fifty six
(d) Seventy nine
2. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
(a) The law of diminishing returns
(b) The law of gravity
(c) The law of relativity
(d) The law of Hammurabi
3. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About things that go bump in the night
(b) About unicorns
(c) About the fife and drum
(d) About calssical music
4. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
(a) He says it's an easy way to earn a living.
(b) He says he never really thought about it.
(c) He says he always wanted to be an actor.
(d) He says he does not.
5. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He lets it land in his other hand.
(b) He tosses it much farther away.
(c) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(d) He tosses two coins at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
2. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
3. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
4. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
5. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)