|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(b) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(c) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
(d) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
2. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player runs away.
(b) The Player doubts his word.
(c) The Player falls at his feet.
(d) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
3. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any playwrights
(b) Any famous people
(c) Any plays
(d) Any popular songs
4. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
(a) The Player spits on the coin.
(b) The Player looks at it and declares it heads.
(c) The Player challenges to throw more coins.
(d) The Player falls to his knees scrambling for the coin.
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Gives them to beggars
(b) Bites them
(c) Spins them
(d) Buys fruit
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
2. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
3. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
4. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
5. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)