|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(b) If he knows any other game they could play
(c) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(d) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
2. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(b) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(c) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(d) He thinks something is odd about the game.
3. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That they must be dreaming.
(b) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(c) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(d) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
4. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they grow at the same rate
5. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
(b) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
(c) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
(d) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
2. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
3. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
4. What are the instruments the musicians play?
5. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)