|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(b) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
(c) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(d) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
2. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(b) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(c) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
(d) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
3. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To sell them the musical instruments
(b) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(c) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
(d) To borrow their cloaks for a show
4. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any popular songs
(b) Any famous people
(c) Any plays
(d) Any playwrights
5. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they should be worn long or short
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(d) Whether they grow at the same rate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
2. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
3. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)