|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(b) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(c) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(d) He is afraid that someone is coming.
2. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
(a) He says he never really thought about it.
(b) He says he always wanted to be an actor.
(c) He says he does not.
(d) He says it's an easy way to earn a living.
3. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He tosses two coins at once.
(b) He tosses it much farther away.
(c) He lets it land in his other hand.
(d) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
4. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They spit on the coin.
(b) They dive for it.
(c) They beg the Player to take it.
(d) They laugh and turn to leave.
5. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) There is no chance of chance.
(b) Stranger things have happened.
(c) It was written into a script.
(d) It might have been fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
2. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
3. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
5. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)