|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(c) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
(d) His hand is dirty.
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(b) Crantz and Stern
(c) Rose and Guild
(d) Ros and Guil
3. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six milkmaids heading for the market
(b) Six men on white horses with bells
(c) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(d) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
4. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) Stranger things have happened.
(b) It might have been fate.
(c) There is no chance of chance.
(d) It was written into a script.
5. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(b) If he knows any other game they could play
(c) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(d) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
2. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
3. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
4. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
5. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)