|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(b) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(c) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(d) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
2. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(c) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
(d) His hand is dirty.
3. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(b) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(c) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(d) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
4. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(a) Divine intervention
(c) Mental telepathy
5. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says it was.
(b) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
(c) He says it is in their script.
(d) He says nothing is pure chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
2. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
3. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
4. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)