|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(b) Divine intervention
(c) Mental telepathy
2. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They laugh and turn to leave.
(b) They beg the Player to take it.
(c) They dive for it.
(d) They spit on the coin.
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(b) Ros and Guil
(c) Rose and Guild
(d) Crantz and Stern
4. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(b) The coins all come up heads.
(c) The coins seem to disappear.
(d) The coins are made of wood.
5. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(b) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(c) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
(d) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
2. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
3. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)