|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they should be worn long or short
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they grow at the same rate
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
2. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(b) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
3. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A handful of coins
(b) A single coin
(c) A small bag of coins
(d) A coin for each actor
4. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(b) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(c) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(d) He is afraid that someone is coming.
5. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(b) His hand is dirty.
(d) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
2. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
3. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
4. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)