|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(a) His hand is dirty.
(c) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
2. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
(a) He keeps watching Rosencrantz to see if he cheats.
(b) He examines the coins to see if they are double headed.
(c) He wonders whether it is natural or supernatural.
(d) He questions whether it is luck or lack of faith.
3. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
(a) He offers to give back all the coins.
(b) He points out that Guildenstern has done all the spinning.
(c) He suggests that guildenstern is trying to lose.
(d) He declares that he always has good luck at gambling.
4. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(b) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(c) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(d) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
5. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(b) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(c) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(d) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
2. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
3. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
4. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
5. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)