|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(b) That they must be dreaming.
(c) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(d) That he was becoming tired of playing.
2. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
(a) He questions whether it is luck or lack of faith.
(b) He keeps watching Rosencrantz to see if he cheats.
(c) He examines the coins to see if they are double headed.
(d) He wonders whether it is natural or supernatural.
3. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
(a) The law of relativity
(b) The law of Hammurabi
(c) The law of gravity
(d) The law of diminishing returns
4. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Examine the coins
(b) Draw his sword
(c) Keep playing until he started to win
(d) Quit before he lost everything
5. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
2. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
3. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
4. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)