|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(b) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
(c) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(d) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
2. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they should be worn long or short
(b) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(c) Whether they are like toenails
(d) Whether they grow at the same rate
3. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
(b) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(c) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(d) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
4. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
5. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Hamlet and Horatio
(b) Claudius and Polonius
(c) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
(d) Procter and Gamble
Short Answer Questions
1. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
2. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
3. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
4. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
5. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)