|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
(b) Hamlet and Horatio
(c) Claudius and Polonius
(d) Procter and Gamble
2. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 100 to 0
(b) 89 to 0
(c) 121 to 0
(d) 85 to 6
3. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(b) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(c) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(d) That they must be dreaming.
4. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Buys fruit
(b) Gives them to beggars
(c) Bites them
(d) Spins them
5. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he knows any other game they could play
(b) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(c) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(d) If he wants to spin the coins himself
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
2. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
4. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
5. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)