|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
(b) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
(c) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(d) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
2. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Hamlet and Horatio
(b) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
(c) Claudius and Polonius
(d) Procter and Gamble
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(b) Using only the heaviest coins
(c) Biting them before tossing them
(d) Trying different ways of tossing them
4. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Keep playing until he started to win
(b) Quit before he lost everything
(c) Draw his sword
(d) Examine the coins
5. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
(b) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(c) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(d) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
2. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
3. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
4. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
5. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)