|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Rose and Guild
(b) Crantz and Stern
(c) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(d) Ros and Guil
3. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(b) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(c) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(d) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
4. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins are made of wood.
(b) The coins all come up heads.
(c) The coins seem to disappear.
(d) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
5. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of the land
(b) The law of geometry
(c) The law of probability
(d) The law of gravity
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
2. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
3. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
4. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
5. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)