|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(b) He does not think about it.
(c) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(d) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
2. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About calssical music
(b) About things that go bump in the night
(c) About the fife and drum
(d) About unicorns
3. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
(b) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(c) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(d) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
4. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(a) Divine intervention
(d) Mental telepathy
5. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(b) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(c) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(d) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
2. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
3. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
4. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
5. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)