|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins all come up heads.
(b) The coins are made of wood.
(c) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(d) The coins seem to disappear.
2. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(b) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(c) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(d) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they are like toenails
(b) Whether they grow at the same rate
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
4. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Gives them to beggars
(b) Buys fruit
(c) Bites them
(d) Spins them
5. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(c) His hand is dirty.
(d) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
3. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
4. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
5. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)