|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(b) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
(c) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(d) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
2. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(b) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(c) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(d) That they must be dreaming.
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Crantz and Stern
(b) Rose and Guild
(c) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(d) Ros and Guil
4. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He lets it land in his other hand.
(b) He tosses it much farther away.
(c) He tosses two coins at once.
(d) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
5. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
(a) He keeps watching Rosencrantz to see if he cheats.
(b) He examines the coins to see if they are double headed.
(c) He questions whether it is luck or lack of faith.
(d) He wonders whether it is natural or supernatural.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
2. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
3. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
4. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
5. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)