|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
(a) The law of diminishing returns
(b) The law of relativity
(c) The law of Hammurabi
(d) The law of gravity
2. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(b) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(c) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(d) He is afraid that someone is coming.
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Crantz and Stern
(b) Ros and Guil
(c) Rose and Guild
(d) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
4. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(b) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(c) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(d) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
3. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
4. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
5. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)