|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About unicorns
(b) About calssical music
(c) About things that go bump in the night
(d) About the fife and drum
2. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Draw his sword
(b) Quit before he lost everything
(c) Examine the coins
(d) Keep playing until he started to win
3. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(b) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(c) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(d) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
4. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(d) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
5. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) One hundred
(b) Eighty five
(c) Seventy nine
(d) Fifty six
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
2. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
3. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
4. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)