|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Procter and Gamble
(b) Hamlet and Horatio
(c) Claudius and Polonius
(d) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
2. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow at the same rate
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
3. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
(a) He examines the coins to see if they are double headed.
(b) He questions whether it is luck or lack of faith.
(c) He wonders whether it is natural or supernatural.
(d) He keeps watching Rosencrantz to see if he cheats.
4. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Keep playing until he started to win
(b) Quit before he lost everything
(c) Examine the coins
(d) Draw his sword
5. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(b) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
(c) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(d) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
2. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
3. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
4. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
5. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)