|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins seem to disappear.
(b) The coins are made of wood.
(c) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(d) The coins all come up heads.
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(b) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
(c) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
(d) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
3. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
4. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Biting them before tossing them
(b) Using only the heaviest coins
(c) Trying different ways of tossing them
(d) Saying a prayer before tossing them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
2. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
3. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
4. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)