|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Trying different ways of tossing them
(b) Biting them before tossing them
(c) Using only the heaviest coins
(d) Saying a prayer before tossing them
2. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
(b) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(c) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(d) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
3. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) Seventy nine
(b) Fifty six
(c) One hundred
(d) Eighty five
4. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(b) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(c) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(d) He does not think about it.
5. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
(a) That he needs to learn how to toss coins.
(b) That he is somehow willing for Rosencrantz to win.
(c) That the coins are heavier on one side than the other.
(d) That his arm has grown too tired to toss properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
3. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
4. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
5. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)