|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
2. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(b) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(c) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(d) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
3. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
(a) He wonders whether it is natural or supernatural.
(b) He examines the coins to see if they are double headed.
(c) He questions whether it is luck or lack of faith.
(d) He keeps watching Rosencrantz to see if he cheats.
4. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
(a) The law of diminishing returns
(b) The law of relativity
(c) The law of Hammurabi
(d) The law of gravity
5. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(b) Using only the heaviest coins
(c) Biting them before tossing them
(d) Trying different ways of tossing them
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
2. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
3. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
4. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)