|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(b) He does not think about it.
(c) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(d) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
2. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they should be worn long or short
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(d) Whether they grow at the same rate
4. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(b) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(c) If he knows any other game they could play
(d) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
5. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
(b) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(c) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(d) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
2. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
5. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)