|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(b) He does not think about it.
(c) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(d) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
2. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(b) Mental telepathy
(c) Divine intervention
3. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(b) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(c) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(d) If he knows any other game they could play
4. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(b) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(c) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(d) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
5. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
(a) He questions whether it is luck or lack of faith.
(b) He examines the coins to see if they are double headed.
(c) He wonders whether it is natural or supernatural.
(d) He keeps watching Rosencrantz to see if he cheats.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
2. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
4. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
5. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)