|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 89 to 0
(b) 121 to 0
(c) 100 to 0
(d) 85 to 6
2. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
3. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(b) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
(c) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
(d) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
4. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(a) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
(c) His hand is dirty.
5. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they should be worn long or short
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they grow at the same rate
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
4. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
5. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)