|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Examine the coins
(b) Quit before he lost everything
(c) Keep playing until he started to win
(d) Draw his sword
2. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(b) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(c) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
(d) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
3. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(b) That they must be dreaming.
(c) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(d) That something was dreadfully wrong.
5. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(b) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(c) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(d) He is afraid that someone is coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
2. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
3. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
4. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)