|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(b) Crantz and Stern
(c) Rose and Guild
(d) Ros and Guil
2. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of probability
(b) The law of geometry
(c) The law of gravity
(d) The law of the land
3. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(b) He lets it land in his other hand.
(c) He tosses it much farther away.
(d) He tosses two coins at once.
4. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Bites them
(b) Buys fruit
(c) Spins them
(d) Gives them to beggars
5. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they are like toenails
(b) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(c) Whether they grow at the same rate
(d) Whether they should be worn long or short
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
2. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
3. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
4. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
5. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)