|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(b) If he knows any other game they could play
(c) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(d) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
2. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He does not think about it.
(b) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(c) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(d) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
3. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) Eighty five
(b) Fifty six
(c) Seventy nine
(d) One hundred
4. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of gravity
(b) The law of the land
(c) The law of geometry
(d) The law of probability
5. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they should be worn long or short
(b) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(c) Whether they grow at the same rate
(d) Whether they are like toenails
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
2. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
3. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
4. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
5. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)