|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Hamlet and Horatio
(b) Claudius and Polonius
(c) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
(d) Procter and Gamble
2. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(b) He lets it land in his other hand.
(c) He tosses it much farther away.
(d) He tosses two coins at once.
3. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 100 to 0
(b) 85 to 6
(c) 121 to 0
(d) 89 to 0
4. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(c) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
(d) His hand is dirty.
5. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That they must be dreaming.
(b) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(c) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(d) That he was becoming tired of playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
2. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
3. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
4. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
5. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)