|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they should be worn long or short
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they grow at the same rate
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
2. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of probability
(b) The law of the land
(c) The law of gravity
(d) The law of geometry
3. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
4. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) Eighty five
(b) Fifty six
(c) One hundred
(d) Seventy nine
5. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He lets it land in his other hand.
(b) He tosses it much farther away.
(c) He tosses two coins at once.
(d) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
2. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
3. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
4. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
5. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)