|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(a) Divine intervention
(b) Mental telepathy
2. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(b) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(c) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(d) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow at the same rate
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
4. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(b) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(c) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(d) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
5. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Biting them before tossing them
(b) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(c) Using only the heaviest coins
(d) Trying different ways of tossing them
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
2. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
3. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
4. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
5. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)