|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of the land
(b) The law of probability
(c) The law of geometry
(d) The law of gravity
2. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(b) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(c) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(d) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
3. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
4. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Using only the heaviest coins
(b) Trying different ways of tossing them
(c) Biting them before tossing them
(d) Saying a prayer before tossing them
5. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
(a) Procter and Gamble
(b) Hamlet and Horatio
(c) Claudius and Polonius
(d) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
3. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
4. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
5. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)