|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(b) The coins are made of wood.
(c) The coins seem to disappear.
(d) The coins all come up heads.
2. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That he was becoming tired of playing.
(b) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(c) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(d) That they must be dreaming.
3. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
4. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
5. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Trying different ways of tossing them
(b) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(c) Using only the heaviest coins
(d) Biting them before tossing them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
2. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
4. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)