|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, p. 97-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
(a) By the two musicians
(b) By two donkeys
(c) By two white horses
(d) By two of the actors
2. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He pretends to black out.
(b) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
(c) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
(d) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
3. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Confused about who they are
(b) Confused about the coin game
(c) Confused about what Hamlet said
(d) Confused about where they are
4. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
(a) That they are facing north
(b) That they were called to deliver a message
(c) That Hamlet is bing sent to England
(d) That Gertrude is a boy named Alfred
5. What do Hamlet, the Player, Rosencrantz, and Guildenstern do when pirates attack?
(a) Call for the soldier and the captain
(b) Jump overboard
(c) Beg for mercy
(d) Leap into the barrels
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
2. How does Hamlet respond when Guildenstern asks how Hamlet's mother and Uncle are deceived?
3. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
4. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
5. Beside the two British Ambassadors, what characters from Shakespeare are on stage at the end of the play?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)