|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 34-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Draw his sword
(b) Keep playing until he started to win
(c) Examine the coins
(d) Quit before he lost everything
2. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(b) That they must be dreaming.
(c) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(d) That he was becoming tired of playing.
3. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they have to do something else?
(b) Will they tell anyone?
(c) Will they be free to go home?
(d) Will they get a large reward?
4. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go home.
(b) He wants to go to church.
(c) He wants to go to Denmark.
(d) He wants to go to Spain.
5. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
(a) Rosencrantz says he has gotten them into a fine mess.
(b) Rosencrantz says that is easy for him to say.
(c) Rosencrantz asks how he knows that.
(d) Rosencrantz asks for how long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
2. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
3. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
4. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
5. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)