Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(b) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(c) He does not think about it.
(d) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
2. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
(a) He wonders whether it is natural or supernatural.
(b) He keeps watching Rosencrantz to see if he cheats.
(c) He questions whether it is luck or lack of faith.
(d) He examines the coins to see if they are double headed.
3. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) Seventy nine
(b) Eighty five
(c) Fifty six
(d) One hundred
4. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(b) His hand is dirty.
(c) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 89 to 0
(b) 100 to 0
(c) 85 to 6
(d) 121 to 0
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
2. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
3. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
4. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
5. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)