|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
2. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
(a) That Claudius is not angry anymore.
(b) That Hamlet has given himself up.
(c) That they are now done with them.
(d) That he does not remember coming inside.
3. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
(a) Rapes are mentioned and he alludes to wives and "ravished virgins" and asks if he is getting warm.
(b) Great Tragedies and comedies they have performed before kings
(c) Adam and Eve in the Garden in their original costumes
(d) Bawdy barroom ballads acted out by the mimes as the musician splay and sing
4. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
(a) That he had red hair.
(b) That he seldom spoke.
(c) Thet he has lost weight.
(d) That he has changed.
5. What makes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern laugh at this new coin game?
(a) Both of Rosencrantz's hands are empty
(b) The coin fall on tails every time
(c) Guildenstern wins back all his coins
(d) They have invented a new game
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
2. What is Hamlet doing?
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
4. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
5. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)