|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the instruments the musicians play?
(a) Bagpipe, horn, and cymbals
(b) Trumpet, drum, and harp
(c) Drum, flute, and horn
(d) Horn, flute, and harpsichord
2. How does Hamlet respond when Guildenstern asks how Hamlet's mother and Uncle are deceived?
(a) With nonsense lines about direction, the wind, and hawks and handsaws
(b) By saying they think he is mad
(c) With a line about being and not being which Guildenstern does not understand
(d) By saying they are trying to kill him
3. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(d) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
4. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They think they know the answer.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are satisfied.
(d) They are happy.
5. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He fails to mention their names.
(b) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(c) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(d) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
2. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
3. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
4. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
5. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)