|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(b) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(c) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(d) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
2. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
(a) They he is surprised to find gentlemen there.
(b) That it is a lucky thing they came along.
(c) That there are highwaymen about.
(d) That there is strength in numbers.
3. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
(a) He asks Guildenstern what just happened.
(b) He asks Guildenstern what his name is.
(c) He cannot remember the coin game
(d) He asks which way they entered the room.
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
(a) That it just wasn't Guildenstern's day.
(b) That something was dreadfully wrong.
(c) That they must be dreaming.
(d) That he was becoming tired of playing.
5. Who enters after Hamlet and Ophelia exit the stage?
(a) Ariel and Puck
(b) The Player and the troupe
(c) Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony
(d) Claudius and Gertrude
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
2. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
3. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
4. When Rosencrantz and Guildenstern talk about the weather, what do they decide?
5. What exchange is there between Hamlet and Ophelia?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)