|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says it is in their script.
(b) He says it was.
(c) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
(d) He says nothing is pure chance.
2. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(b) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(c) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(d) He fails to mention their names.
3. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(b) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
(c) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
(d) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
4. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
5. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
(a) He says he does not.
(b) He says he always wanted to be an actor.
(c) He says he never really thought about it.
(d) He says it's an easy way to earn a living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
2. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
3. Who enters after Hamlet and Ophelia exit the stage?
4. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
5. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)