|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "Thy will be done."
(b) She says, "Praise the Lord."
(c) She says, "Amen."
(d) She says, "You need more than prayer."
2. What indicates that Hamlet is insane?
(a) He is always talking to himself and drags the body of Polonius around.
(b) He believes Ophelia is a nun.
(c) He does not recognize Claudius and Gertrude.
(d) He asks nonsense questions and accepts nonsense answers.
3. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
(a) Where they are
(b) What the weather is like
(c) Why people come in and out
(d) Which way is east
4. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
(b) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
(c) He is drunk and cannot walk.
(d) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Gives them to beggars
(b) Buys fruit
(c) Spins them
(d) Bites them
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
2. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
3. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
4. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
5. Who enters after Hamlet and Ophelia exit the stage?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)