|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) To explain why they are there
(b) To play a game of coins
(c) To sing and dance
(d) To try to figure out what is bothering Hamlet
2. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he knows any other game they could play
(b) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(c) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(d) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
3. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
(a) To Rosencrantz
(b) A nunnery
(c) To bed
4. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
(a) That the problem is more than Hamlet's father's death.
(b) That Hamlet just like to be the center of attention.
(c) That hamlet is just play acting.
(d) That Hamlet is suffering from amnesia.
5. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(b) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(c) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(d) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
2. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
3. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
4. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
5. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)