|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
(a) He complains that he cannot remember their names.
(b) He complains that he never gets to lie down and rest.
(c) He complains that people are always coming and going.
(d) He complains that he never has time to talk to anyone.
2. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They are satisfied.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They think they know the answer.
3. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(d) He thinks something is odd about the game.
5. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
(a) If he knows the word for housewife in Danish.
(b) If he feels more comfortable speaking French.
(c) If he sometimes forgets what he wanted to say.
(d) If ordinary words often sound strange to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
2. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
3. What does Rosencrantz say as he looks out into the audience?
4. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
5. Finally what does Rosencrantz decide to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)