|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
(b) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
(c) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
(d) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
2. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
(b) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
(c) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
(d) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
3. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
(a) The Player responds that he is going to find Hamlet.
(b) The Player tells him he is going to wash costumes.
(c) The Player retorts that he can come and go as he pleases.
(d) The Player answers that he is going to Denmark.
4. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
(b) That the Danish army is revolting
(c) That Ophelia has lost her mind
(d) That Hamlet is suicidal
5. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A single coin
(b) A handful of coins
(c) A small bag of coins
(d) A coin for each actor
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
2. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
3. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
4. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
5. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)