|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
(b) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
(c) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
(d) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
2. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
(a) Love scenes
(b) Action scenes
(c) Death scenes
(d) Bawdy scenes
3. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
(a) It is Hamlet in a dress.
(b) It is the boy, Alfred.
(c) It is a maid.
(d) It is Ophelia.
4. What happens when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make a snare for Hamlet out of their belts?
(a) Guildenstern's belt breaks.
(b) Rosencrantz's pants fall down around his ankles.
(c) The belts are not long enough.
(d) Hamlet sees them and runs away.
5. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
(a) He says they have permission to go.
(b) He says no one will miss them.
(c) He says Hamlet doesn't want them there.
(d) He says they've been there long enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hamlet doing?
2. What does Rosencrantz say when Guildenstern wonders if they will ever return?
3. What are the lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii that Hamlet says as Act Two opens?
4. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
5. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)