|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(c) Divine intervention
(d) Mental telepathy
2. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go to Denmark.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) He wants to go to Spain.
(d) He wants to go to church.
3. What does Claudius tell Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) That Hamlet has killed Polonius
(b) That Gertrude is looking for them
(c) That Ophelia has gone to a nunnery
(d) That the show is about to start
4. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
(a) Say they will stay by his side
(b) Run off
(c) Wait for him
(d) Laugh because they don't believe him
5. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(b) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(c) If he knows any other game they could play
(d) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are throughout the entire play?
2. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
3. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
4. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
5. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)