|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hamlet doing?
(a) Looking for Ophelia
(b) Dragging the body of Polonius
(c) Reading a book
(d) Carrying a bloody daggar
2. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They are satisfied.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They think they know the answer.
3. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) There is no chance of chance.
(b) It might have been fate.
(c) Stranger things have happened.
(d) It was written into a script.
4. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six men on white horses with bells
(b) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
(c) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(d) Six milkmaids heading for the market
5. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go to church.
(b) He wants to go to Denmark.
(c) He wants to go home.
(d) He wants to go to Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet, Polonius, and Ophelia exit, where are they apparently going?
2. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
3. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
4. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
5. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)