|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
(a) They get ten points for each unanswerable question.
(b) Rosencrantz uses tennis term to keep score, but nothing makes sense.
(c) They make tally marks on the ground.
(d) Rosencrantz gives guildenstern a coin for each correct answer.
2. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
3. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
(a) That they will be at home by nightfall.
(b) That Hamlet will confide in them.
(c) That the only beginnings and endings are birth and death.
(d) That they will make a lot of money this time.
4. Up to this point, how have Rosencrantz and Guildenstern proven to be?
(a) Helpless and powerless to influence events around them
(b) Very knowledgable about Shakespeare
(c) Sure of themselves and their whereabouts
(d) Effectual in carrying out Claudius's orders
5. Who enters after Hamlet and Ophelia exit the stage?
(a) Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony
(b) The Player and the troupe
(c) Claudius and Gertrude
(d) Ariel and Puck
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
2. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
3. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
4. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
5. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)