|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To sell them the musical instruments
(b) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
(c) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(d) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
2. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) There is no chance of chance.
(b) It was written into a script.
(c) Stranger things have happened.
(d) It might have been fate.
3. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
(b) The coins all come up heads.
(c) The coins are made of wood.
(d) The coins seem to disappear.
4. What makes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern laugh at this new coin game?
(a) Guildenstern wins back all his coins
(b) The coin fall on tails every time
(c) They have invented a new game
(d) Both of Rosencrantz's hands are empty
5. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) What his relationship to Hamlet is
(b) How he happens to be at court
(c) Why he lied about doing The Murder of Gonzago
(d) How important the audience is to the performance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
2. What mime does Rosencrantz perform during the discussion of death?
3. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
4. Talking about acting on assumptions, what does the Player ask the two men?
5. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)