|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
(a) They are identical to his and Guildenstern's
(b) They are too shabby to wear to court
(c) They have been stolen from the palace
(d) They are garments taken from his closet
2. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
(a) That Hamlet is suffering from amnesia.
(b) That hamlet is just play acting.
(c) That Hamlet just like to be the center of attention.
(d) That the problem is more than Hamlet's father's death.
3. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
(a) Action scenes
(b) Bawdy scenes
(c) Death scenes
(d) Love scenes
4. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They are too stunned to speak.
(b) They use Shakespearean English.
(c) The speak French.
(d) They speak in riddles.
5. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
3. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
4. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
5. What play does Hamlet ask the Player if his troupe can perform?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)