|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
(a) It is Ophelia.
(b) It is the boy, Alfred.
(c) It is Hamlet in a dress.
(d) It is a maid.
2. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
(a) That they are now done with them.
(b) That Hamlet has given himself up.
(c) That Claudius is not angry anymore.
(d) That he does not remember coming inside.
3. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they tell anyone?
(b) Will they have to do something else?
(c) Will they be free to go home?
(d) Will they get a large reward?
4. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(b) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
(c) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
(d) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
5. What are the lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii that Hamlet says as Act Two opens?
(a) S'blood, there is something in this more than natural, if philosophy could find it out.
(b) Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well.
(c) The forest is coming to Elsinore.
(d) Out, out, damned spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
2. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
3. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
4. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
5. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)