|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
(a) Guildenstern remarks that they are on trial.
(b) Guildenstern suggests they are in a madhouse.
(c) Guildenstern comments that they are on a path, to which they are condemned.
(d) Guildenstern says they will come to no good end.
2. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
(a) That Hamlet is bing sent to England
(b) That they were called to deliver a message
(c) That Gertrude is a boy named Alfred
(d) That they are facing north
3. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
(a) To bed
(b) To Rosencrantz
(c) A nunnery
4. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Rose and Guild
(b) Crantz and Stern
(c) Ros and Guil
(d) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
5. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
(a) That it is a lucky thing they came along.
(b) They he is surprised to find gentlemen there.
(c) That there is strength in numbers.
(d) That there are highwaymen about.
Short Answer Questions
1. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
2. What strange comment does Rosencrantz make about questions?
3. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
4. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
5. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)