|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Rose and Guild
(b) Crantz and Stern
(c) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(d) Ros and Guil
2. Where does the Player say they got The Murder of Gonzago?
(a) Hamlet gave them the script.
(b) They wrote it themselves.
(c) They stole it from the Italians.
(d) They found it in a book.
3. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
(a) As late afternoon
(b) As sunrise
(c) As moonlight
(d) As twinkling candles
4. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A single coin
(b) A coin for each actor
(c) A small bag of coins
(d) A handful of coins
5. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
(a) To Rosencrantz
(b) A nunnery
(c) To bed
Short Answer Questions
1. When the King wants to see Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz do?
2. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
3. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
5. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)