|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That the Danish army is revolting
(b) That Ophelia has lost her mind
(c) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
(d) That Hamlet is suicidal
2. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(b) He fails to mention their names.
(c) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(d) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
3. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
(a) Why people come in and out
(b) Where they are
(c) Which way is east
(d) What the weather is like
4. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "Thy will be done."
(b) She says, "Praise the Lord."
(c) She says, "Amen."
(d) She says, "You need more than prayer."
5. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
(a) That he is being interrogated by the King.
(b) That he has gone into hiding.
(c) That he has escaped to Norway.
(d) That he is being taken to England by a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
2. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
3. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
4. What strange comment does Rosencrantz make about questions?
5. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)