|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
(b) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(c) He plays a shell game.
(d) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
2. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
(a) He asks which way they entered the room.
(b) He asks Guildenstern what just happened.
(c) He asks Guildenstern what his name is.
(d) He cannot remember the coin game
3. What is Hamlet doing?
(a) Looking for Ophelia
(b) Reading a book
(c) Carrying a bloody daggar
(d) Dragging the body of Polonius
4. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
(a) He says they've been there long enough.
(b) He says Hamlet doesn't want them there.
(c) He says they have permission to go.
(d) He says no one will miss them.
5. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
(a) In the chapel
(b) In the river
(c) With the King
(d) With Ophelia
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the instruments the musicians play?
2. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
3. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
4. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
5. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)