|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
2. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
(a) That Guldenstern is wearing two belts
(b) That they are once again inept or helpless
(c) That they are clever but unlucky
(d) That Rosencrantz wears his pants too large
3. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) How he happens to be at court
(b) What his relationship to Hamlet is
(c) Why he lied about doing The Murder of Gonzago
(d) How important the audience is to the performance
4. What indicates that Hamlet is insane?
(a) He asks nonsense questions and accepts nonsense answers.
(b) He is always talking to himself and drags the body of Polonius around.
(c) He does not recognize Claudius and Gertrude.
(d) He believes Ophelia is a nun.
5. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
(b) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(c) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
(d) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
2. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
5. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)