|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
(a) As sunrise
(b) As late afternoon
(c) As twinkling candles
(d) As moonlight
2. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
(a) Where they are
(b) Which way is east
(c) Why people come in and out
(d) What the weather is like
3. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
(a) That he needs to learn how to toss coins.
(b) That his arm has grown too tired to toss properly.
(c) That the coins are heavier on one side than the other.
(d) That he is somehow willing for Rosencrantz to win.
4. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
5. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
(a) Buys fruit
(b) Spins them
(c) Bites them
(d) Gives them to beggars
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
2. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
3. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
4. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
5. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)