|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(b) The school of mimery
(c) The school of ballet
(d) The stand-up comedy school
2. What makes Hamlet bow?
(a) Tying his shoelace
(b) Seeing the Player approach
(c) Thinking of Ophelia
(d) Seeing Claudius approaching
3. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
(a) Run off
(b) Wait for him
(c) Say they will stay by his side
(d) Laugh because they don't believe him
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says it is in their script.
(b) He says nothing is pure chance.
(c) He says it was.
(d) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
5. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) What his relationship to Hamlet is
(b) Why he lied about doing The Murder of Gonzago
(c) How important the audience is to the performance
(d) How he happens to be at court
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
2. What mime does Rosencrantz perform during the discussion of death?
3. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
4. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
5. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)