|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That the Danish army is revolting
(b) That Ophelia has lost her mind
(c) That Hamlet is suicidal
(d) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
2. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
(b) A nunnery
(c) To bed
(d) To Rosencrantz
3. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
(a) That Hamlet is bing sent to England
(b) That Gertrude is a boy named Alfred
(c) That they were called to deliver a message
(d) That they are facing north
4. What does Rosencrantz tell the Player about Hamlet?
(a) That he won't talk to them.
(b) That he may be an imposter.
(c) That he keeps changing the subject.
(d) That he is not acting like himself.
5. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They will play one game of coins.
(b) They will not tell Hamlet what Gertrude said.
(c) They commit to stay and to do whatever they can do to assist.
(d) They will get the troupe to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
2. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
3. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
4. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
5. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)