|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow at the same rate
(b) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they are like toenails
2. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 89 to 0
(b) 121 to 0
(c) 100 to 0
(d) 85 to 6
3. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) It was written into a script.
(b) It might have been fate.
(c) Stranger things have happened.
(d) There is no chance of chance.
4. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
(b) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
(c) He is drunk and cannot walk.
(d) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
5. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(b) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(c) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(d) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
3. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
4. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
5. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)