|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He pretends to black out.
(b) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
(c) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
(d) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
2. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
(a) He says it's an easy way to earn a living.
(b) He says he always wanted to be an actor.
(c) He says he never really thought about it.
(d) He says he does not.
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(b) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
4. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) There is no chance of chance.
(b) It was written into a script.
(c) It might have been fate.
(d) Stranger things have happened.
5. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
(b) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(c) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(d) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
2. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
3. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
4. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
5. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)