|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(b) Musical instruments
(d) A show
2. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
(a) Great Tragedies and comedies they have performed before kings
(b) Rapes are mentioned and he alludes to wives and "ravished virgins" and asks if he is getting warm.
(c) Bawdy barroom ballads acted out by the mimes as the musician splay and sing
(d) Adam and Eve in the Garden in their original costumes
3. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
(b) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
(c) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
(d) He pretends to black out.
4. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(b) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(c) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(d) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
5. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(b) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
(c) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
(d) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
2. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
3. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
4. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
5. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)