|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) One hundred
(b) Seventy nine
(c) Fifty six
(d) Eighty five
2. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins are made of wood.
(b) The coins all come up heads.
(c) The coins seem to disappear.
(d) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(b) Crantz and Stern
(c) Ros and Guil
(d) Rose and Guild
4. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
(a) The coin was buried in the sand.
(b) The coin was on heads again.
(c) The coin was almost lost.
(d) The coin was on tails.
5. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He pretends to black out.
(b) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
(c) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
(d) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
2. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
3. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
4. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
5. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)