|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(b) The school of ballet
(c) The stand-up comedy school
(d) The school of mimery
2. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(d) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
3. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
(a) The coins seem to disappear.
(b) The coins are made of wood.
(c) The coins all come up heads.
(d) The coins never leave Guildenstern's hand.
4. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He fails to mention their names.
(b) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(c) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(d) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
5. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(b) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(c) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(d) If he knows any other game they could play
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern do with the coins he takes out of his bag?
2. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
3. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
4. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)