|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says it is in their script.
(b) He says nothing is pure chance.
(c) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
(d) He says it was.
2. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
(a) He suggests that guildenstern is trying to lose.
(b) He points out that Guildenstern has done all the spinning.
(c) He offers to give back all the coins.
(d) He declares that he always has good luck at gambling.
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Using only the heaviest coins
(b) Trying different ways of tossing them
(c) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(d) Biting them before tossing them
4. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(b) Ros and Guil
(c) Rose and Guild
(d) Crantz and Stern
5. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) It might have been fate.
(b) There is no chance of chance.
(c) It was written into a script.
(d) Stranger things have happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
2. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
4. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
5. What are the instruments the musicians play?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)