|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
(a) That the coins are heavier on one side than the other.
(b) That his arm has grown too tired to toss properly.
(c) That he needs to learn how to toss coins.
(d) That he is somehow willing for Rosencrantz to win.
2. What are the instruments the musicians play?
(a) Trumpet, drum, and harp
(b) Drum, flute, and horn
(c) Bagpipe, horn, and cymbals
(d) Horn, flute, and harpsichord
3. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player runs away.
(b) The Player falls at his feet.
(c) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
(d) The Player doubts his word.
4. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
(b) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
(c) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
(d) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
5. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(b) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(c) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(d) He fails to mention their names.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
2. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
3. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
4. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
5. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)