|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
(b) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
(c) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
(d) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
2. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 89 to 0
(b) 85 to 6
(c) 100 to 0
(d) 121 to 0
3. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
(b) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
(c) He is drunk and cannot walk.
(d) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
4. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(b) He fails to mention their names.
(c) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(d) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
5. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(a) His hand is dirty.
(b) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
2. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
3. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
4. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
5. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)