|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A handful of coins
(b) A small bag of coins
(c) A coin for each actor
(d) A single coin
2. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He thinks something is odd about the game.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(d) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(b) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(c) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(d) He fails to mention their names.
4. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays that have never been performed before
(b) Plays that last over three hours
(c) Plays from classical Greek drama
(d) Plays where the audience participates
5. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(b) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(c) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(d) He does not think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
2. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
3. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
4. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
5. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)