|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
(a) He laughs and whistles every time he wins a coin.
(b) He is a little embarrassed because he keeps winning.
(c) He is upset because Guildenstern will run out of coins.
(d) He thinks something is odd about the game.
2. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
(b) Ros and Guil
(c) Crantz and Stern
(d) Rose and Guild
3. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About things that go bump in the night
(b) About the fife and drum
(c) About calssical music
(d) About unicorns
4. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(a) A show
(b) Musical instruments
5. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
(a) He suggests that guildenstern is trying to lose.
(b) He declares that he always has good luck at gambling.
(c) He points out that Guildenstern has done all the spinning.
(d) He offers to give back all the coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
2. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
3. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
4. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
5. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)