|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
(a) He says that he doesn't mind losing because Rosencrantz is his friend.
(b) He says there are plenty more coins where those came from.
(c) He says there is suspense while the coins are in the air.
(d) He says he is not really thinking about the game.
2. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A single coin
(b) A small bag of coins
(c) A handful of coins
(d) A coin for each actor
3. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(a) Divine intervention
(c) Mental telepathy
4. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
(b) Nothing. The coin has disappeared.
(c) His hand is dirty.
5. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
(a) The coin was on tails.
(b) The coin was almost lost.
(c) The coin was buried in the sand.
(d) The coin was on heads again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
2. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
3. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
4. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
5. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)