|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any popular songs
(b) Any plays
(c) Any famous people
(d) Any playwrights
2. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
(b) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
(c) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
(d) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
3. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says it is in their script.
(b) He says it was.
(c) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
(d) He says nothing is pure chance.
4. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(b) The school of ballet
(c) The stand-up comedy school
(d) The school of mimery
5. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(b) He fails to mention their names.
(c) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(d) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
2. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
3. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
4. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
5. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)