|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they grow at the same rate
2. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
3. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of gravity
(b) The law of probability
(c) The law of the land
(d) The law of geometry
4. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(b) He plays a shell game.
(c) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
(d) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
5. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Quit before he lost everything
(b) Examine the coins
(c) Keep playing until he started to win
(d) Draw his sword
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
2. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
3. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
4. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
5. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)