|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Trying different ways of tossing them
(b) Biting them before tossing them
(c) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(d) Using only the heaviest coins
2. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays that have never been performed before
(b) Plays that last over three hours
(c) Plays where the audience participates
(d) Plays from classical Greek drama
3. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(b) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(c) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(d) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
4. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Keep playing until he started to win
(b) Draw his sword
(c) Examine the coins
(d) Quit before he lost everything
5. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) It was written into a script.
(b) There is no chance of chance.
(c) It might have been fate.
(d) Stranger things have happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the instruments the musicians play?
2. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
3. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
4. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
5. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)