|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He does not think about it.
(b) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(c) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(d) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
2. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He lets it land in his other hand.
(b) He tosses it much farther away.
(c) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(d) He tosses two coins at once.
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Using only the heaviest coins
(b) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(c) Trying different ways of tossing them
(d) Biting them before tossing them
4. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They dive for it.
(b) They spit on the coin.
(c) They beg the Player to take it.
(d) They laugh and turn to leave.
5. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
(a) Adam and Eve in the Garden in their original costumes
(b) Bawdy barroom ballads acted out by the mimes as the musician splay and sing
(c) Great Tragedies and comedies they have performed before kings
(d) Rapes are mentioned and he alludes to wives and "ravished virgins" and asks if he is getting warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
2. What are the instruments the musicians play?
3. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
4. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
5. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)