|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
(a) That there are highwaymen about.
(b) That there is strength in numbers.
(c) That it is a lucky thing they came along.
(d) They he is surprised to find gentlemen there.
2. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
(a) Rapes are mentioned and he alludes to wives and "ravished virgins" and asks if he is getting warm.
(b) Bawdy barroom ballads acted out by the mimes as the musician splay and sing
(c) Great Tragedies and comedies they have performed before kings
(d) Adam and Eve in the Garden in their original costumes
3. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
(a) The coin was buried in the sand.
(b) The coin was on tails.
(c) The coin was almost lost.
(d) The coin was on heads again.
4. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 100 to 0
(b) 85 to 6
(c) 121 to 0
(d) 89 to 0
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
2. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
3. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
5. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)