|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(b) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(c) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(d) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
2. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
(b) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(c) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
(d) Only a few plays that they have memorized
3. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of geometry
(b) The law of the land
(c) The law of probability
(d) The law of gravity
4. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
5. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
(b) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(c) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(d) He plays a shell game.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
2. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
3. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
4. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
5. How does Guildenstern reply to Rosencrantz's idea about how Guildenstern must be feeling?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)