|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(b) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
2. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Trying different ways of tossing them
(b) Using only the heaviest coins
(c) Biting them before tossing them
(d) Saying a prayer before tossing them
3. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About the fife and drum
(b) About things that go bump in the night
(c) About unicorns
(d) About calssical music
4. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(b) He lets it land in his other hand.
(c) He tosses two coins at once.
(d) He tosses it much farther away.
5. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(b) If he knows any other game they could play
(c) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(d) If he wants to spin the coins himself
Short Answer Questions
1. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
2. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
3. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
4. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
5. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)