|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(b) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(c) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(d) He is afraid that it really is his day.
2. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
(b) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
(c) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
(d) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Using only the heaviest coins
(b) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(c) Trying different ways of tossing them
(d) Biting them before tossing them
4. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
(b) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(c) He plays a shell game.
(d) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
5. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
(a) The Player looks at it and declares it heads.
(b) The Player falls to his knees scrambling for the coin.
(c) The Player spits on the coin.
(d) The Player challenges to throw more coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
2. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
3. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
4. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
5. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)