|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
2. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
(a) Adam and Eve in the Garden in their original costumes
(b) Rapes are mentioned and he alludes to wives and "ravished virgins" and asks if he is getting warm.
(c) Great Tragedies and comedies they have performed before kings
(d) Bawdy barroom ballads acted out by the mimes as the musician splay and sing
3. What new theory does Guildenstern come up with for his run of bad luck?
(a) That his arm has grown too tired to toss properly.
(b) That the coins are heavier on one side than the other.
(c) That he is somehow willing for Rosencrantz to win.
(d) That he needs to learn how to toss coins.
4. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they are like toenails
(b) Whether they grow before birth and after death
(c) Whether they should be worn long or short
(d) Whether they grow at the same rate
5. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(b) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
2. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
3. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
4. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
5. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)