|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
(a) The coin was buried in the sand.
(b) The coin was on heads again.
(c) The coin was almost lost.
(d) The coin was on tails.
2. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
(a) He starts dancing around.
(b) He runs for his costume.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He asks what a precedent is.
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He fails to mention their names.
(b) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(c) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(d) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
4. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
(a) Keep playing until he started to win
(b) Examine the coins
(c) Quit before he lost everything
(d) Draw his sword
5. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(b) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(c) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(d) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
2. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
4. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
5. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)