|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A single coin
(b) A handful of coins
(c) A coin for each actor
(d) A small bag of coins
2. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
(a) The Player challenges to throw more coins.
(b) The Player falls to his knees scrambling for the coin.
(c) The Player looks at it and declares it heads.
(d) The Player spits on the coin.
3. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
(a) Using only the heaviest coins
(b) Saying a prayer before tossing them
(c) Biting them before tossing them
(d) Trying different ways of tossing them
4. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six milkmaids heading for the market
(b) Six men on white horses with bells
(c) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(d) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
5. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
(b) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(c) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
(d) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
2. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
3. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
4. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
5. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)