Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(c) Divine intervention
(d) Mental telepathy
2. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(b) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(c) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
(d) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
3. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
(a) That they will be at home by nightfall.
(b) That they will make a lot of money this time.
(c) That the only beginnings and endings are birth and death.
(d) That Hamlet will confide in them.
4. What does Claudius tell Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) That Ophelia has gone to a nunnery
(b) That the show is about to start
(c) That Hamlet has killed Polonius
(d) That Gertrude is looking for them
5. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(b) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(c) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(d) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
2. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
4. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
5. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)