|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, p. 20-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
2. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
(a) He offers to give back all the coins.
(b) He declares that he always has good luck at gambling.
(c) He points out that Guildenstern has done all the spinning.
(d) He suggests that guildenstern is trying to lose.
3. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The school of mimery
(b) The school of ballet
(c) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(d) The stand-up comedy school
4. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
(a) The Player falls at his feet.
(b) The Player offers to put on a free show for them.
(c) The Player doubts his word.
(d) The Player runs away.
5. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
(b) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(c) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
(d) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
2. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
3. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
4. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
5. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)