|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(b) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(c) He does not think about it.
(d) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
2. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
(b) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(c) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
(d) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
3. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
(b) He is drunk and cannot walk.
(c) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
(d) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
4. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They revert to common language.
(b) They speak in riddles.
(c) They stop speaking French.
(d) They sound terrified.
5. Where does the Player say they got The Murder of Gonzago?
(a) Hamlet gave them the script.
(b) They wrote it themselves.
(c) They found it in a book.
(d) They stole it from the Italians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
2. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
3. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
4. What question does Guildenstern put to the Player?
5. What does Guildenstern say about Hamlet?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)