|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
(a) Rose and Guild
(b) Crantz and Stern
(c) Ros and Guil
(d) Gentleman one and Gentleman two
2. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A small bag of coins
(b) A coin for each actor
(c) A handful of coins
(d) A single coin
3. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(b) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(c) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(d) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
4. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) To play a game of coins
(b) To sing and dance
(c) To try to figure out what is bothering Hamlet
(d) To explain why they are there
5. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
(a) Anthony and Cleopatra
(b) Romeo and Juliet
(c) Ariel and Puck
(d) Hamlet and Ophelia
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
2. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
3. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
4. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
5. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)