|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
(a) If he sometimes forgets what he wanted to say.
(b) If he knows the word for housewife in Danish.
(c) If he feels more comfortable speaking French.
(d) If ordinary words often sound strange to him.
2. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
(a) Death on a stage
(b) Death at sea
(c) Death of an actor
(d) Their own death
3. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(b) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(c) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(d) He is afraid that someone is coming.
4. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(b) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(c) He does not think about it.
(d) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
5. When Hamlet, Polonius, and Ophelia exit, where are they apparently going?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is Rosencrantz defensive as he discusses the game with Guildenstern?
2. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
3. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
5. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)