|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A single coin
(b) A small bag of coins
(c) A handful of coins
(d) A coin for each actor
2. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
3. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
(b) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
(c) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
(d) He is drunk and cannot walk.
4. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They are too stunned to speak.
(b) They use Shakespearean English.
(c) They speak in riddles.
(d) The speak French.
5. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They laugh and turn to leave.
(b) They dive for it.
(c) They spit on the coin.
(d) They beg the Player to take it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
2. What exchange is there between Hamlet and Ophelia?
3. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
4. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
5. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)