|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays where the audience participates
(b) Plays that last over three hours
(c) Plays from classical Greek drama
(d) Plays that have never been performed before
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
(b) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
(c) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
(d) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
3. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
(a) Guildenstern comments that they are on a path, to which they are condemned.
(b) Guildenstern remarks that they are on trial.
(c) Guildenstern suggests they are in a madhouse.
(d) Guildenstern says they will come to no good end.
4. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) One hundred
(b) Fifty six
(c) Seventy nine
(d) Eighty five
5. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
(b) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
(c) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
(d) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
2. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
3. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. What makes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern laugh at this new coin game?
5. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)