|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Player try to explain to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) How important the audience is to the performance
(b) How he happens to be at court
(c) What his relationship to Hamlet is
(d) Why he lied about doing The Murder of Gonzago
2. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
(a) Either hate or love
(b) Either jealousy or revenge
(c) Either fear or excitement
(d) Either insanity or anger
3. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To borrow their cloaks for a show
(b) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(c) To sell them the musical instruments
(d) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
4. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
(a) He complains that people are always coming and going.
(b) He complains that he never has time to talk to anyone.
(c) He complains that he never gets to lie down and rest.
(d) He complains that he cannot remember their names.
5. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They spit on the coin.
(b) They dive for it.
(c) They beg the Player to take it.
(d) They laugh and turn to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
2. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
3. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
4. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
5. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)