|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
(b) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(c) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
(d) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
2. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About things that go bump in the night
(b) About unicorns
(c) About the fife and drum
(d) About calssical music
3. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays from classical Greek drama
(b) Plays where the audience participates
(c) Plays that last over three hours
(d) Plays that have never been performed before
4. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
(a) Either insanity or anger
(b) Either jealousy or revenge
(c) Either fear or excitement
(d) Either hate or love
5. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
2. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
3. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
4. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
5. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)