|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they be free to go home?
(b) Will they get a large reward?
(c) Will they tell anyone?
(d) Will they have to do something else?
2. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
(a) Guessing which hand the coin is in
(b) Tossing the coin back and forth between them
(c) Seeing if they can make the coin stand on edge
(d) Balancing the coin on their noses
3. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
(b) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
(c) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
(d) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
4. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
(b) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(c) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(d) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
5. Talking about acting on assumptions, what does the Player ask the two men?
(a) He asks them what it is that they assume.
(b) He asks them why they didn't know that.
(c) He asks them if they understand the word, assume.
(d) He asks them if they are ready to assume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern see when he looks at the coin after trying a new method?
2. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
3. What does Guildenstern say about Hamlet?
4. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
5. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)