|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Guildenstern summarize that day?
(a) they were sleeping and suddenly found themselves on a road they don't know.
(b) Right after breakfast they got a summons for jury duty.
(c) They got a message to come quickly but it did not tell them where.
(d) They were awakened at dawn with a message, a summons, and a new record for heads and tails.
2. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
(b) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
(c) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
(d) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
3. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
(a) Whether they should be worn long or short
(b) Whether they are like toenails
(c) Whether they grow at the same rate
(d) Whether they grow before birth and after death
4. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He does not think about it.
(b) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(c) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(d) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
5. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they tell anyone?
(b) Will they be free to go home?
(c) Will they get a large reward?
(d) Will they have to do something else?
Short Answer Questions
1. What exchange is there between Hamlet and Ophelia?
2. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
3. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
4. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
5. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)