|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
(a) The Player retorts that he can come and go as he pleases.
(b) The Player answers that he is going to Denmark.
(c) The Player tells him he is going to wash costumes.
(d) The Player responds that he is going to find Hamlet.
2. What does Rosencrantz realize about the costumes of two of the troupe?
(a) They have been stolen from the palace
(b) They are garments taken from his closet
(c) They are too shabby to wear to court
(d) They are identical to his and Guildenstern's
3. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 100 to 0
(b) 89 to 0
(c) 85 to 6
(d) 121 to 0
4. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
(a) That the only beginnings and endings are birth and death.
(b) That they will be at home by nightfall.
(c) That they will make a lot of money this time.
(d) That Hamlet will confide in them.
5. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
(a) That only simple questions were asked.
(b) That he never knew the answers.
(c) That there were answers for everything.
(d) That questions never bothered him then.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
2. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
3. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
4. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
5. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)