|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(a) Musical instruments
(d) A show
2. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
(a) He asks which way they entered the room.
(b) He cannot remember the coin game
(c) He asks Guildenstern what just happened.
(d) He asks Guildenstern what his name is.
3. What are the instruments the musicians play?
(a) Trumpet, drum, and harp
(b) Bagpipe, horn, and cymbals
(c) Drum, flute, and horn
(d) Horn, flute, and harpsichord
4. What does Guildenstern do differently the next time he tosses a coin?
(a) He tosses two coins at once.
(b) He rubs the coin on his shirt before tossing it.
(c) He tosses it much farther away.
(d) He lets it land in his other hand.
5. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
(a) That hamlet is just play acting.
(b) That Hamlet just like to be the center of attention.
(c) That Hamlet is suffering from amnesia.
(d) That the problem is more than Hamlet's father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
2. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
3. Where does the Player say they got The Murder of Gonzago?
4. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
5. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)