|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They laugh and turn to leave.
(b) They dive for it.
(c) They beg the Player to take it.
(d) They spit on the coin.
2. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they be free to go home?
(b) Will they tell anyone?
(c) Will they have to do something else?
(d) Will they get a large reward?
3. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
(a) Hamlet does not recognize them.
(b) Hamlet asks them what they are doing at court.
(c) Hamlet shouts and runs off stage.
(d) Hamlet refers to them as friends and asks how they are.
4. What are the lines from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii that Hamlet says as Act Two opens?
(a) Out, out, damned spot.
(b) Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well.
(c) S'blood, there is something in this more than natural, if philosophy could find it out.
(d) The forest is coming to Elsinore.
5. After trying again and again, what is the score of the game?
(a) 85 to 6
(b) 100 to 0
(c) 89 to 0
(d) 121 to 0
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
2. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
3. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
4. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
5. How many corpses does the Player say the drama will have at the end?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)