|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz demand of the troupe?
(a) That they use court language when they address Hamlet, Claudius, and Gertrude.
(b) That must provide an excellent performance at court, and may not present their usual smutty acts.
(c) That they clean their costumes before they perform at court.
(d) That they must not mention having met them on the road to the court.
2. To lighten the discussion, what does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern?
(a) Silly and meaningless jokes about life and death
(b) How coffins were invented
(c) The story of a man buried alive
(d) The burial practices of elephants
3. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
(a) Either hate or love
(b) Either insanity or anger
(c) Either jealousy or revenge
(d) Either fear or excitement
4. What makes Rosencrantz and Guildenstern laugh at this new coin game?
(a) They have invented a new game
(b) Both of Rosencrantz's hands are empty
(c) The coin fall on tails every time
(d) Guildenstern wins back all his coins
5. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
(a) That Claudius will explain everyting to them.
(b) That they are fortunate that they are presented with alternatives.
(c) That it is probably all a dream.
(d) That it will soon be over and they can go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
2. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
3. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
4. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
5. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)