|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mime does Rosencrantz perform during the discussion of death?
(a) Banging on a coffin lid.
(b) Placing flowers on a grave.
(c) Lying down in a coffin.
(d) Marching in a funeral procession.
2. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
(a) He is confident that everything will now turn out all right.
(b) Rosencrantz continues to feel stressed and seems to feel a death is coming.
(c) He is apologetic for winning all of Guildenstern's money.
(d) He understands everything that is happening around him.
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(b) He fails to mention their names.
(c) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(d) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
4. What two different meanings do they seem to apply to the word madness?
(a) Either insanity or anger
(b) Either fear or excitement
(c) Either jealousy or revenge
(d) Either hate or love
5. How many times does Rosencrantz say he has won the game?
(a) Fifty six
(b) One hundred
(c) Seventy nine
(d) Eighty five
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
2. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
3. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
4. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
5. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)