|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern threaten to do to the Player?
(a) Cut out his tongue
(b) Have him arrested
(c) Dance on his grave
(d) Expose him for a fraud
2. How is it obvious that the two men have been playing the gambling game for a long time?
(a) There are coins scattered all over the stage.
(b) Guildenstern asks Rosencrantz to loan him more coins.
(c) Guildenstern's bag is nearly empty while Rosencrantz's bag is full.
(d) Rosencrantz keeps saying he is tired of playing the game.
3. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(b) If he knows any other game they could play
(c) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(d) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
4. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
(b) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(c) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
(d) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
5. How does Guildenstern see the way the game keeps going?
(a) He sees it as odd, perhaps an omen.
(b) He think Rosencrantz is cheating, but he cannot prove it.
(c) He thinks he must continue to entertain Rosencrantz.
(d) He does not think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the well-dressed Elizabethan gentlemen at the opening of the play?
2. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
3. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
4. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
5. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)