|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(b) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(c) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(d) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
2. Why does Rosencrantz's answer please Guildenstern?
(a) It tells him that he will soon start winning.
(b) It assures him that the law of self interest is still working.
(c) It tells him that no natural laws are at work at the moment.
(d) It tells him that Rosencrantz is hiding a secret.
3. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
(a) He complains that he cannot remember their names.
(b) He complains that people are always coming and going.
(c) He complains that he never has time to talk to anyone.
(d) He complains that he never gets to lie down and rest.
4. What is the fanciful conversation started by Guildenstern when Rosencrantz hears a sound.
(a) About the fife and drum
(b) About calssical music
(c) About things that go bump in the night
(d) About unicorns
5. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
2. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
3. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
4. What are the instruments the musicians play?
5. What does Guildenstern suggest they do with Hamlet?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)