|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
(a) As Polonius
(b) As Ophelia
(c) As Guildenstern
(d) As my dearest friend
2. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(b) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
3. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
(a) He is afraid that he has run out of coins.
(b) He is afraid that someone is coming.
(c) He is afraid that it really is his day.
(d) He is afraid that the weather is causing the results.
4. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They speak in riddles.
(b) They sound terrified.
(c) They stop speaking French.
(d) They revert to common language.
5. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's reaction to the way the game keeps going?
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
3. Where does Hamlet tell Ophelia to go?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
5. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)