|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
(a) Plays that have never been performed before
(b) Plays from classical Greek drama
(c) Plays where the audience participates
(d) Plays that last over three hours
2. Leaving Claudius and Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are met by which character?
3. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
(a) He complains that he never gets to lie down and rest.
(b) He complains that people are always coming and going.
(c) He complains that he cannot remember their names.
(d) He complains that he never has time to talk to anyone.
4. What play does Hamlet ask the Player if his troupe can perform?
(a) A Midsummer Night's Dream
(b) The Murder of Gonzago
(c) The Tempest
(d) Julius Caesar
5. How does Hamlet respond when Guildenstern asks how Hamlet's mother and Uncle are deceived?
(a) By saying they are trying to kill him
(b) By saying they think he is mad
(c) With a line about being and not being which Guildenstern does not understand
(d) With nonsense lines about direction, the wind, and hawks and handsaws
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
2. What does Rosencrantz ask Guildenstern about death?
3. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
4. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
5. What is the ridiculous conversation Rosencrantz initiates about fingernails and beards?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)