|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
(a) The coin was buried in the sand.
(b) The coin was on heads again.
(c) The coin was almost lost.
(d) The coin was on tails.
2. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He fails to mention their names.
(b) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(c) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(d) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
3. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
(a) Rosencrantz asks how he knows that.
(b) Rosencrantz says that is easy for him to say.
(c) Rosencrantz says he has gotten them into a fine mess.
(d) Rosencrantz asks for how long.
4. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
(a) The Player challenges to throw more coins.
(b) The Player falls to his knees scrambling for the coin.
(c) The Player looks at it and declares it heads.
(d) The Player spits on the coin.
5. What question does Guildenstern press on Rosencrantz during their discussion of the game?
(a) If he wants to spin the coins himself
(b) If he would feel the same having lost that many times
(c) If he wants to spin one last coin double or nothing
(d) If he knows any other game they could play
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
2. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
3. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
4. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
5. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)