|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(a) Mental telepathy
(c) Divine intervention
2. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
(a) He says he never really thought about it.
(b) He says it's an easy way to earn a living.
(c) He says he does not.
(d) He says he always wanted to be an actor.
3. What is Guildenstern's ominous prediction?
(a) Guildenstern says they will come to no good end.
(b) Guildenstern suggests they are in a madhouse.
(c) Guildenstern comments that they are on a path, to which they are condemned.
(d) Guildenstern remarks that they are on trial.
4. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
(a) It is Ophelia.
(b) It is the boy, Alfred.
(c) It is Hamlet in a dress.
(d) It is a maid.
5. After speaking with Hamlet, what is the condition of Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) They think they know the answer.
(b) They are satisfied.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
2. How does Hamlet address Rosencrantz when he pulls him aside?
3. How does Guildenstern question what is happening with the game?
4. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
5. Talking about acting on assumptions, what does the Player ask the two men?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)