|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the time theory is disproved, what does Guildenstern think of next?
(b) Divine intervention
(c) Mental telepathy
2. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) There are two of them and Hamlet is alone.
(b) Hamlet has spoken of them and that she knows how fond of them he is.
(c) Hamlet will talk to them because they are strangers.
(d) They should get Ophelia to help them.
3. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
(b) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(c) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
(d) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
4. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
(a) By two of the actors
(b) By the two musicians
(c) By two white horses
(d) By two donkeys
5. What is the new game Rosencrantz and Guildenstern play with a coin?
(a) Balancing the coin on their noses
(b) Tossing the coin back and forth between them
(c) Guessing which hand the coin is in
(d) Seeing if they can make the coin stand on edge
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks where he is going?
2. What does Guildenstern continue doing with the coin tosses?
3. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
4. What does Rosencrantz tell Guildenstern he would do if he lost that many times?
5. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)