|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
(a) The coin was almost lost.
(b) The coin was on tails.
(c) The coin was on heads again.
(d) The coin was buried in the sand.
2. What strange comparison does Guildenstern make to the coins?
3. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern threaten to do to the Player?
(a) Dance on his grave
(b) Cut out his tongue
(c) Have him arrested
(d) Expose him for a fraud
4. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
(b) That Ophelia has lost her mind
(c) That the Danish army is revolting
(d) That Hamlet is suicidal
5. What question does Guildenstern put to the Player?
(a) He asks what he and Rosencrantz need to know.
(b) He asks where they can find Hamlet.
(c) He asks which way is north.
(d) He asks the Player what he and Rosencrantz are supposed to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
2. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
3. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
4. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
5. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)