|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
(a) That there are highwaymen about.
(b) That there is strength in numbers.
(c) They he is surprised to find gentlemen there.
(d) That it is a lucky thing they came along.
2. What surprise does Rosencrantz get when he thinks he's playing with the Queen?
(a) It is a maid.
(b) It is Hamlet in a dress.
(c) It is the boy, Alfred.
(d) It is Ophelia.
3. Guildenstern is aware that the game defies _________________________.
(a) The law of probability
(b) The law of the land
(c) The law of geometry
(d) The law of gravity
4. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(b) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(c) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(d) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
5. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They use Shakespearean English.
(b) They speak in riddles.
(c) They are too stunned to speak.
(d) The speak French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about the gambling game Guildenstern plays with Rosencrantz?
2. What does Guildenstern mean when he says he is afraid, too?
3. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
5. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)