|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
(b) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
(c) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(d) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
2. Where does the Player say they got The Murder of Gonzago?
(a) They stole it from the Italians.
(b) Hamlet gave them the script.
(c) They found it in a book.
(d) They wrote it themselves.
3. How does Hamlet respond when Guildenstern asks how Hamlet's mother and Uncle are deceived?
(a) By saying they think he is mad
(b) By saying they are trying to kill him
(c) With nonsense lines about direction, the wind, and hawks and handsaws
(d) With a line about being and not being which Guildenstern does not understand
4. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
(a) That Hamlet will confide in them.
(b) That the only beginnings and endings are birth and death.
(c) That they will make a lot of money this time.
(d) That they will be at home by nightfall.
5. In what kind of death does the Player say people only believe?
(a) Their own death
(b) Death of an actor
(c) Death on a stage
(d) Death at sea
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
2. When Rosencrantz begins saying he is afraid, what is it he was going to say before Guildenstern stops him?
3. How are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern identified in Stoppard's script?
4. As characters enter and exit the stage, what is Rosencrantz's objection?
5. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)