|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 55-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the encounter with Hamlet leave Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Confused about the coin game
(b) Confused about what Hamlet said
(c) Confused about who they are
(d) Confused about where they are
2. Still trying to explain his run of bad luck, why does Guildenstern think about time?
(a) He wonders if time is actually going backward making his spins go the opposite way.
(b) He wonders if his timing is all wrong when spinning the coins.
(c) He wonders if it has stood still and he has actually spun the coin only once.
(d) He wonders if the time of day is affecting the magnetic fields.
3. What does Guildenstern say will eventually turn the game around?
(a) The law of Hammurabi
(b) The law of gravity
(c) The law of diminishing returns
(d) The law of relativity
4. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The school of ballet
(b) The stand-up comedy school
(c) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(d) The school of mimery
5. During rehearsal, what is it that the Player says the troupe does really well?
(a) Death scenes
(b) Bawdy scenes
(c) Action scenes
(d) Love scenes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
2. What does Rosencrantz say that Guildenstern must be feeling?
3. What question does Guildenstern put to the Player?
4. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
5. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)