|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
(a) In the river
(b) With the King
(c) In the chapel
(d) With Ophelia
2. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
(a) That Hamlet is suffering from amnesia.
(b) That Hamlet just like to be the center of attention.
(c) That the problem is more than Hamlet's father's death.
(d) That hamlet is just play acting.
3. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
(a) He says they've been there long enough.
(b) He says they have permission to go.
(c) He says Hamlet doesn't want them there.
(d) He says no one will miss them.
4. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
(a) That Gertrude is a boy named Alfred
(b) That Hamlet is bing sent to England
(c) That they are facing north
(d) That they were called to deliver a message
5. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
(a) He wants to go home.
(b) He wants to go to Denmark.
(c) He wants to go to Spain.
(d) He wants to go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
2. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
3. When Rosencrantz and Guildenstern talk about the weather, what do they decide?
4. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
5. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)