|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the King wants to see Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz do?
(a) Runs off stage
(b) Starts shouting Hamlet's name
(c) Looks around to see if he came back
(d) Orders Guildenstern to go get him
2. What does Rosencrantz say when Guildenstern wonders if they will ever return?
(a) He says they will return when the weather is warmer.
(b) He says he will never leave home again.
(c) He asks why they would ever want to return.
(d) He says thay cannot return because they do not know where they are.
3. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Only a few plays that they have memorized
(b) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
(c) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(d) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
4. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
(a) That Gertrude is a boy named Alfred
(b) That they are facing north
(c) That Hamlet is bing sent to England
(d) That they were called to deliver a message
5. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
(b) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(c) Six milkmaids heading for the market
(d) Six men on white horses with bells
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosencrantz and Guildenstern talk about the weather, what do they decide?
2. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
3. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
5. What type of play does the Player mention that comes at another cost?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)