|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
(b) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
(c) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(d) Only a few plays that they have memorized
2. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They will get the troupe to help them.
(b) They will play one game of coins.
(c) They commit to stay and to do whatever they can do to assist.
(d) They will not tell Hamlet what Gertrude said.
3. When the King wants to see Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz do?
(a) Orders Guildenstern to go get him
(b) Starts shouting Hamlet's name
(c) Runs off stage
(d) Looks around to see if he came back
4. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) They should get Ophelia to help them.
(b) Hamlet has spoken of them and that she knows how fond of them he is.
(c) Hamlet will talk to them because they are strangers.
(d) There are two of them and Hamlet is alone.
5. When Guildenstern insists their meeting must have been chance, how does the Player reply?
(a) It was written into a script.
(b) There is no chance of chance.
(c) It might have been fate.
(d) Stranger things have happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz say when Guildenstern wonders if they will ever return?
2. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
3. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
4. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
5. When Rosencrantz and Guildenstern talk about the weather, what do they decide?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)