|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
(a) The coin was on tails.
(b) The coin was almost lost.
(c) The coin was buried in the sand.
(d) The coin was on heads again.
2. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
(b) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(c) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(d) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
3. In their conversation, what does the audience gather about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) That they are too educated to understand simple minded people
(b) That it clear they never quite know where they are or what is going on
(c) That they are the butt of a complicated joke
(d) That they never argue bacause they both see things the same way
4. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) To explain why they are there
(b) To sing and dance
(c) To play a game of coins
(d) To try to figure out what is bothering Hamlet
5. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The school of mimery
(b) The school of ballet
(c) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(d) The stand-up comedy school
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
2. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
3. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
4. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
5. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)