|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
(b) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
(c) He pretends to black out.
(d) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
2. What makes Hamlet bow?
(a) Seeing the Player approach
(b) Thinking of Ophelia
(c) Seeing Claudius approaching
(d) Tying his shoelace
3. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
(a) He asks what a precedent is.
(b) He starts dancing around.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He runs for his costume.
4. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they tell anyone?
(b) Will they have to do something else?
(c) Will they get a large reward?
(d) Will they be free to go home?
5. Who enters after Hamlet and Ophelia exit the stage?
(a) Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony
(b) The Player and the troupe
(c) Ariel and Puck
(d) Claudius and Gertrude
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
2. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
3. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
4. What is Rosencrantz's prophetic remark after Hamlet enters with the soldier?
5. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)