|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
(a) That the problem is more than Hamlet's father's death.
(b) That Hamlet is suffering from amnesia.
(c) That Hamlet just like to be the center of attention.
(d) That hamlet is just play acting.
2. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
(b) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
(c) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(d) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
3. Why does Rosencrantz think he can leave?
(a) He says they've been there long enough.
(b) He says no one will miss them.
(c) He says they have permission to go.
(d) He says Hamlet doesn't want them there.
4. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(b) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
(c) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
(d) Only a few plays that they have memorized
5. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
(a) He keeps repeating himself in his conversation.
(b) He asks if he is contradicting himself in his conversation.
(c) He asks if anything he says makes sense in his conversation.
(d) He forgets what he is saying in his conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
2. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
3. What is the Player's reaction when Guildenstern says he may be able to use his influence at the court to get them shows?
4. What makes Hamlet bow?
5. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)