|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
(a) His foot is on Guildenstern's coin.
(b) He is drunk and cannot walk.
(c) He waits for Guildenstern to give him permission to leave.
(d) He's waiting for guildenstern to pay him.
2. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
(a) That they are clever but unlucky
(b) That they are once again inept or helpless
(c) That Guldenstern is wearing two belts
(d) That Rosencrantz wears his pants too large
3. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
(b) He pretends to black out.
(c) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
(d) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
4. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
(a) That the ambassadors from Norway have returned
(b) That Ophelia has lost her mind
(c) That Hamlet is suicidal
(d) That the Danish army is revolting
5. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(b) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
(c) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(d) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
2. How is the Player still trying to appeal to prurient interest to get more money?
3. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
4. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
5. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)