|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any playwrights
(b) Any plays
(c) Any famous people
(d) Any popular songs
2. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
(a) That they will be at home by nightfall.
(b) That they will make a lot of money this time.
(c) That Hamlet will confide in them.
(d) That the only beginnings and endings are birth and death.
3. What type of performance does the Player say they can put on for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Only a few plays that they have memorized
(b) Comedies that will give them stitches in their sides
(c) Mimes and dance accompanied by their musicians
(d) Tragedy to include deaths, disclosures, unexpected turns of events, and even transvestite melodrama
4. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
(a) They beg the Player to take it.
(b) They laugh and turn to leave.
(c) They dive for it.
(d) They spit on the coin.
5. What makes Hamlet bow?
(a) Seeing Claudius approaching
(b) Seeing the Player approach
(c) Tying his shoelace
(d) Thinking of Ophelia
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
2. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
3. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
4. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
5. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)