|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
(a) She says, "Amen."
(b) She says, "You need more than prayer."
(c) She says, "Thy will be done."
(d) She says, "Praise the Lord."
2. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They commit to stay and to do whatever they can do to assist.
(b) They will not tell Hamlet what Gertrude said.
(c) They will play one game of coins.
(d) They will get the troupe to help them.
3. What does Rosencrantz say as he looks out into the audience?
(a) The sun is sinking in the west.
(b) The audience looks asleep.
(c) That must be the raod home.
(d) The direction he is looking must be east.
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
(b) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(c) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
(d) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
5. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A single coin
(b) A coin for each actor
(c) A small bag of coins
(d) A handful of coins
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
2. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
3. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
4. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
5. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)