|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the troupe runs out of money, what do they offer Guildenstern?
(a) Musical instruments
(d) A show
2. What is the Player's apology to Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
(a) He says that they should have seen his troupe in better times.
(b) He says that he had only been joking with them just for the fun of it.
(c) He says that he had mistaken them for bawdy actors.
(d) He says that he was desparate to make money so they could eat.
3. Of what does Guildenstern say they can be sure?
(a) That they will be at home by nightfall.
(b) That they will make a lot of money this time.
(c) That Hamlet will confide in them.
(d) That the only beginnings and endings are birth and death.
4. What makes Hamlet bow?
(a) Seeing Claudius approaching
(b) Tying his shoelace
(c) Seeing the Player approach
(d) Thinking of Ophelia
5. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about Polonius?
(a) Why did Hamlet kill him
(b) Where his body is
(c) Who told them he was dead
(d) What they know about him
Short Answer Questions
1. In their conversation, what does the audience gather about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
2. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
3. What is Polonius' message for Claudius?
4. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
5. What is Alfred's reply when Guildenstern asks if he likes being an actor?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)