|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
(a) So they can tell their friends about the adventure
(b) So they know where they are
(c) So they can be free
(d) So they get home before dark
2. Who do the two dead spies on stage turn out to be?
(a) Claudius and Gertrude
(b) Hamlet and Ophelia
(c) Alfred and the Player
(d) Guildenstern and Rosencrantz
3. What is the Player's response when Rosencrantz asks if the two of them are enough for an audience?
(a) He says two is small for an audience but about average for voyeurs.
(b) The Player says they will have to find more people to attend the show.
(c) The Player says they do not have time to put on a show right then.
(d) The Player says it is all right if they pay extra for the show.
4. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
(a) Go looking for Hamlet
(b) Leave in opposite directions from each other
(c) Whether to go or stay
(d) Whether to believe anyone who speaks to them
5. Trying to determine what Rosencrantz wants to see, what does the Player mention not too subtly?
(a) Adam and Eve in the Garden in their original costumes
(b) Rapes are mentioned and he alludes to wives and "ravished virgins" and asks if he is getting warm.
(c) Bawdy barroom ballads acted out by the mimes as the musician splay and sing
(d) Great Tragedies and comedies they have performed before kings
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
2. What saves Guildenstern from being trapped by Rosencrantz's betrayal?
3. What does Rosencrantz say when Guildenstern wonders if they will ever return?
4. Up to this point, how have Rosencrantz and Guildenstern proven to be?
5. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)