|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He starts dancing around.
(c) He runs for his costume.
(d) He asks what a precedent is.
2. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
(a) By the two musicians
(b) By two of the actors
(c) By two donkeys
(d) By two white horses
3. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
(b) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(c) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(d) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
4. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They speak in riddles.
(b) They are too stunned to speak.
(c) The speak French.
(d) They use Shakespearean English.
5. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
(a) A coin for each actor
(b) A small bag of coins
(c) A single coin
(d) A handful of coins
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
2. How does Gertrude respond when she hears Guildenstern's prayer?
3. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
4. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
5. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)