|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
(a) Rosencrantz uses tennis term to keep score, but nothing makes sense.
(b) Rosencrantz gives guildenstern a coin for each correct answer.
(c) They get ten points for each unanswerable question.
(d) They make tally marks on the ground.
2. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
(a) That he has changed.
(b) That he had red hair.
(c) Thet he has lost weight.
(d) That he seldom spoke.
3. What indicates that Hamlet is insane?
(a) He does not recognize Claudius and Gertrude.
(b) He is always talking to himself and drags the body of Polonius around.
(c) He asks nonsense questions and accepts nonsense answers.
(d) He believes Ophelia is a nun.
4. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
(a) That they are now done with them.
(b) That Claudius is not angry anymore.
(c) That he does not remember coming inside.
(d) That Hamlet has given himself up.
5. How does Hamlet slip away from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) When the lights go out, Hamlet disappears.
(b) When they turn to see Claudius, he slips away quietly.
(c) When the troupe comes between them, Hamlet runs.
(d) When they bow low, he walks away and they do not see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Player do when Rosencrantz tosses a coin on the ground in front of the Player?
2. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
3. What does Rosencrantz say as he looks out into the audience?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
5. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)