|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They revert to common language.
(b) They stop speaking French.
(c) They sound terrified.
(d) They speak in riddles.
2. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
(a) With Ophelia
(b) In the river
(c) With the King
(d) In the chapel
3. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
(a) Six travellers who claim they saw a unicorn
(b) Six milkmaids heading for the market
(c) Six "Tragedians" or traveling actors, musicians, and their leader
(d) Six men on white horses with bells
4. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(b) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
5. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
(a) He says nothing is pure chance.
(b) He says it was.
(c) He says they heard the clinking of his coins.
(d) He says it is in their script.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the troupe's cart being pulled?
2. What indicates that Guildenstern may also be a bit confused?
3. Finally what does Rosencrantz decide to do?
4. What does Claudius tell Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
5. What are the instruments the musicians play?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)