|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one bit of knowledge that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are sure of?
(a) That they are facing north
(b) That Hamlet is bing sent to England
(c) That they were called to deliver a message
(d) That Gertrude is a boy named Alfred
2. How does Hamlet slip away from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) When the troupe comes between them, Hamlet runs.
(b) When they turn to see Claudius, he slips away quietly.
(c) When they bow low, he walks away and they do not see him.
(d) When the lights go out, Hamlet disappears.
3. What is Rosencrantz's observation about Hamlet?
(a) That hamlet is just play acting.
(b) That Hamlet is suffering from amnesia.
(c) That the problem is more than Hamlet's father's death.
(d) That Hamlet just like to be the center of attention.
4. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
(b) To sell them the musical instruments
(c) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(d) To borrow their cloaks for a show
5. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They will play one game of coins.
(b) They will get the troupe to help them.
(c) They will not tell Hamlet what Gertrude said.
(d) They commit to stay and to do whatever they can do to assist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
2. What are Guildenstern's suggestions for him and Rosencrantz in this strange situation?
3. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
4. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
5. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)