|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make a snare for Hamlet out of their belts?
(a) Guildenstern's belt breaks.
(b) The belts are not long enough.
(c) Rosencrantz's pants fall down around his ankles.
(d) Hamlet sees them and runs away.
2. Where did Hamlet say the body of Polonius is?
(a) With Ophelia
(b) With the King
(c) In the chapel
(d) In the river
3. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
(a) That he has escaped to Norway.
(b) That he is being taken to England by a soldier.
(c) That he has gone into hiding.
(d) That he is being interrogated by the King.
4. What is strange about where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are throughout the entire play?
(a) They think they are in England.
(b) They are always in the same place and the action and characters come to them.
(c) They move quickly from place to place.
(d) They are either on the road or in the castle.
5. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
(b) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(c) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
(d) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
2. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
3. What is the Player's response when Guildenstern asks if the troupe found them by chance?
4. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks why they would want to leave?
5. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)