|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
(a) As late afternoon
(b) As moonlight
(c) As twinkling candles
(d) As sunrise
2. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they be free to go home?
(b) Will they get a large reward?
(c) Will they have to do something else?
(d) Will they tell anyone?
3. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(b) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(c) He fails to mention their names.
(d) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
4. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
(a) Rosencrantz says he has gotten them into a fine mess.
(b) Rosencrantz asks for how long.
(c) Rosencrantz says that is easy for him to say.
(d) Rosencrantz asks how he knows that.
5. As Rosencrantz and Guildenstern practice questioning one another, how do they keep score?
(a) Rosencrantz uses tennis term to keep score, but nothing makes sense.
(b) They make tally marks on the ground.
(c) Rosencrantz gives guildenstern a coin for each correct answer.
(d) They get ten points for each unanswerable question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
2. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
3. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
4. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
5. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)