|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back inside the castle, what does Rosencrantz declare?
(a) That Hamlet has given himself up.
(b) That Claudius is not angry anymore.
(c) That they are now done with them.
(d) That he does not remember coming inside.
2. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) The speak French.
(b) They use Shakespearean English.
(c) They are too stunned to speak.
(d) They speak in riddles.
3. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
(a) That there is strength in numbers.
(b) They he is surprised to find gentlemen there.
(c) That there are highwaymen about.
(d) That it is a lucky thing they came along.
4. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
(a) He cannot remember the coin game
(b) He asks Guildenstern what just happened.
(c) He asks which way they entered the room.
(d) He asks Guildenstern what his name is.
5. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
(a) That he is with the Queen.
(b) That he went to England.
(c) That he is under guard.
(d) That he is in the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
2. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
3. Where does Rosencrantz want to go?
4. What is Alfred's response when Guildenstern suggests they could set a dramatic precedent?
5. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)