|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) The speak French.
(b) They are too stunned to speak.
(c) They use Shakespearean English.
(d) They speak in riddles.
2. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A time when he had not studied for an examination
(b) A question for which he had no answer
(c) A man coming to summon them to court
(d) A play he saw about death
3. What makes Hamlet bow?
(a) Seeing the Player approach
(b) Tying his shoelace
(c) Seeing Claudius approaching
(d) Thinking of Ophelia
4. What is Guildenstern's angry reply to the Player's suggestion?
(a) He draws his sword and tells the Player if he suggests that again, he will kill him.
(b) He laughs in the Player's face and calls him stupid.
(c) He says he was prepared for any kind of messenger, but instead he is approached by prostitutes.
(d) He calls the Player a pimp and orders him to leave with his troupe.
5. What is strange about where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are throughout the entire play?
(a) They think they are in England.
(b) They are either on the road or in the castle.
(c) They are always in the same place and the action and characters come to them.
(d) They move quickly from place to place.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
2. As the scene changes from exterior to interior, who enters the stage?
3. What is Guildenstern's observation about their strange situation?
4. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
5. What is seen in their failure to trap Hamlet with their belts?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)