|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dialogue change when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern speak with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They use Shakespearean English.
(b) The speak French.
(c) They are too stunned to speak.
(d) They speak in riddles.
2. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They will not tell Hamlet what Gertrude said.
(b) They commit to stay and to do whatever they can do to assist.
(c) They will play one game of coins.
(d) They will get the troupe to help them.
3. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
(a) Rosencrantz asks what they have to go on.
(b) Rosencrantz pretends he doesn't hear Guildenstern.
(c) Rosencrantz assures him he is not.
(d) Rosencrantz asks if he is talking to him.
4. What are the instruments the musicians play?
(a) Drum, flute, and horn
(b) Bagpipe, horn, and cymbals
(c) Trumpet, drum, and harp
(d) Horn, flute, and harpsichord
5. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
(a) Will they get a large reward?
(b) Will they tell anyone?
(c) Will they have to do something else?
(d) Will they be free to go home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rosencrantz show that he is confused?
2. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
3. What is the source of the sounds Rosencrantz had heard?
4. How much does the Player say it will cost for them to perform a gory romance?
5. Who do the two dead spies on stage turn out to be?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)