|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
(a) They he is surprised to find gentlemen there.
(b) That there is strength in numbers.
(c) That it is a lucky thing they came along.
(d) That there are highwaymen about.
2. What is Rosencrantz's emotional condition as a result of his encounters?
(a) Rosencrantz continues to feel stressed and seems to feel a death is coming.
(b) He is apologetic for winning all of Guildenstern's money.
(c) He is confident that everything will now turn out all right.
(d) He understands everything that is happening around him.
3. When Rosencrantz and Guildenstern talk about the weather, what do they decide?
(a) That it's warm for Winter.
(b) That it's Spring.
(c) That it's unusually cold for this time of year.
(d) That it's Autumn.
4. What are the instruments the musicians play?
(a) Drum, flute, and horn
(b) Trumpet, drum, and harp
(c) Bagpipe, horn, and cymbals
(d) Horn, flute, and harpsichord
5. What concession do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make to Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) They will not tell Hamlet what Gertrude said.
(b) They will play one game of coins.
(c) They commit to stay and to do whatever they can do to assist.
(d) They will get the troupe to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guildenstern explain to Rosencrantz about Hamlet's whereabouts?
2. To shouts of "The King rises...Give o'er the play!" and cries for Lights, lights, lights!" how do the lights come up?
3. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
4. What happens when the troupe sees the coin?
5. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)