|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
(a) Laugh because they don't believe him
(b) Run off
(c) Wait for him
(d) Say they will stay by his side
2. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
(a) Any famous people
(b) Any popular songs
(c) Any playwrights
(d) Any plays
3. What makes Hamlet bow?
(a) Tying his shoelace
(b) Seeing Claudius approaching
(c) Thinking of Ophelia
(d) Seeing the Player approach
4. What decision do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern find impossible to make?
(a) Go looking for Hamlet
(b) Leave in opposite directions from each other
(c) Whether to believe anyone who speaks to them
(d) Whether to go or stay
5. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
(a) If he knows the word for housewife in Danish.
(b) If he feels more comfortable speaking French.
(c) If ordinary words often sound strange to him.
(d) If he sometimes forgets what he wanted to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamlet react when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern confront him?
2. What is Rosencrantz's reply when Guildenstern asks if he contradicts himself?
3. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
4. When Guildenstern assures Rosencrantz that they will be all right, what is Rosencrantz's reply?
5. What does Gertrude tell Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)