|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their conversation, what does the audience gather about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) That they are the butt of a complicated joke
(b) That they are too educated to understand simple minded people
(c) That they never argue bacause they both see things the same way
(d) That it clear they never quite know where they are or what is going on
2. What blunder does Rosencrantz make with the introductions?
(a) He cannot recall Guildenstern's name.
(b) He confuses their names, calling himself Guildenstern.
(c) He talks down to the Player as though he were a Lord.
(d) He fails to mention their names.
3. What is the leader of the traveling group called?
4. What does Claudius request of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) To play a game of coins
(b) To sing and dance
(c) To try to figure out what is bothering Hamlet
(d) To explain why they are there
5. What event does Guildenstern recall as they talk about questions?
(a) A man coming to summon them to court
(b) A question for which he had no answer
(c) A play he saw about death
(d) A time when he had not studied for an examination
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet says he will be with them shortly, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern do?
2. What happens when Rosencrantz and Guildenstern make a snare for Hamlet out of their belts?
3. If they discover what is troubling Hamlet, what does Rosencrantz want to know?
4. What does the Player say to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern upon meeting them on the road?
5. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)