|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Up to this point, how have Rosencrantz and Guildenstern proven to be?
(a) Very knowledgable about Shakespeare
(b) Effectual in carrying out Claudius's orders
(c) Helpless and powerless to influence events around them
(d) Sure of themselves and their whereabouts
2. What assumption does the Player make about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The Player says that they are runaway criminals and he has seen their pictures.
(b) The player says that they are Lords and he recognizes them.
(c) The Player states that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are surely fellow artists.
(d) The Player says that they are notable patrons of the arts.
3. What does the player tell Guildenstern they are more about?
(a) The school of ballet
(b) The blood, love, and rhetoric school
(c) The stand-up comedy school
(d) The school of mimery
4. Why is the Player so happy to see the two men?
(a) To sell them the musical instruments
(b) To put on a show because they were forgetting their lines
(c) To get them to tell tales they can act on the stage
(d) To borrow their cloaks for a show
5. After everyone else has left the stage, how does the speech of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern change?
(a) They speak in riddles.
(b) They sound terrified.
(c) They stop speaking French.
(d) They revert to common language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Guildenstern put to Rosencrantz about language?
2. What is strange about where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are throughout the entire play?
3. What does Guildenstern want to know if the troupe knows?
4. What does Claudius tell Guildenstern and Rosencrantz?
5. What does Rosencrantz remember about Hamlet?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)