One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, p. 84-95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grabbing hold of the Player angrily, how does Guildenstern excuse himself?
(a) He says he tripped on a rock in the road.
(b) He pretends to black out.
(c) He reminds the Player that he had offered audience participation.
(d) He says he was merely testing the Player's reflexes.
2. How does Guildenstern win money from the Player and the troupe?
(a) He calls all coin tosses as tails.
(b) He calls all coin tosses as heads.
(c) He bets they cannot guess his birthday.
(d) He plays a shell game.
3. What is strange about where Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are throughout the entire play?
(a) They think they are in England.
(b) They are always in the same place and the action and characters come to them.
(c) They move quickly from place to place.
(d) They are either on the road or in the castle.
4. What does Rosencrantz answer when Claudius asks where Hamlet is?
(a) That he went to England.
(b) That he is under guard.
(c) That he is in the library.
(d) That he is with the Queen.
5. What is it that Guildenstern still does not know?
(a) Why people come in and out
(b) Where they are
(c) Which way is east
(d) What the weather is like
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosencrantz collects the coin, why does he say Guildenstern was lucky?
2. What does Rosencrantz say he remembers about questions in the past?
3. What are the instruments the musicians play?
4. Up to this point, how have Rosencrantz and Guildenstern proven to be?
5. When the troupe moves on, why does the Player stand in one place?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)