|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Milagros note about Rosaura that causes her to believe Rosaura is not as high-class as she expected?
(a) Her vocabulary.
(b) Her fingernails.
(c) Her manner of chewing.
(d) Her walk.
2. What does Eufrasia claim Elsa may have in her possession?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A painting.
(c) A photo.
(d) A letter.
3. Who at the boarding house has bad manners?
4. Why do Mrs. Milagros' daughters want to see Rosaura's identification?
(a) To see her age.
(b) To find her address.
(c) To see if they have heard of her family.
(d) To see her real name.
5. How old is Rosaura?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eufrasia describe the way that the maid speaks?
2. What does the inspector claim Camilo falsified?
3. What does Mrs. Milagros note about Rosaura that she believes demonstrates she had a fight with her father?
4. How does Camilo greet Rosaura when she finally arrives at the boarding house?
5. Who discusses meeting Rosaura with Mrs. Milagros after all have gone to their rooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eufrasia describe the day of the fight that Mrs. Milagros and David Reguel also testify about?
2. How is the role of the inspector in Part III different from his role in earlier chapters?
3. How is imagery of the ocean used in Part I, Chapter 8?
4. How does the maid say that Rosaura really met Camilo?
5. What clues are there in Part I, Chapter 9 that Camilo and Rosa's relationship is not what it seems?
6. Why do the police show up at the boarding house? How does Mrs. Milagros deal with the intrusion?
7. How does Eufrasia describe the relationship between the maid at the boarding house and Camilo?
8. How does Camilo describe the way in which Rosaura came into his life in Part III?
9. How does Mrs. Milagros describe learning of a crime?
10. What does Mrs. Milagros discuss with her daughters about Rosaura after first meeting her?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)