|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the maid lead the inspector in Part V?
(a) To a place where he could dig in the yard.
(b) To Lujan.
(c) To her room.
(d) To the train station.
2. Who is interviewed in Part III?
(c) Mrs. Milagros.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs. Milagros' attitude about Rosaura?
(a) She is odd.
(b) She is beautiful and must be brave.
(c) She is ugly and has acted rude.
(d) She is simply adjusting to a new life, and should be shown great respect.
4. What form does the narrative in Part II, Chapter 11 take?
(a) A song.
(b) A letter.
(c) Someone testifying.
(d) Someone writing.
5. Who does the maid describe calling?
(a) The police.
(b) Mrs. Milagros.
(c) A public speaker.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vocabulary in Part II, Chapter 11, differ from earlier chapters?
2. To whom is the final letter of the book addressed?
3. Who narrates Part I, Chapter 10?
4. What does the narrator of Part II, Chapter 11, claim to have predicted?
5. How long ago does Mrs. Milagros claim that the wedding took place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is imagery of the ocean used in Part I, Chapter 8?
2. What do Mrs. Milagros' daughters learn about Rosaura's name in Part I, Chapter 10?
3. How does Eufrasia describe the relationship between the maid at the boarding house and Camilo?
4. Describe David Reguel's language.
5. How does Mrs. Milagros describe learning of a crime?
6. What kind of relationship develops between Rosaura and David Reguel?
7. How does Mrs. Milagros treat Rosa when they first meet?
8. What evidence does Elsa, the maid, present to the inspector?
9. Why do the police show up at the boarding house? How does Mrs. Milagros deal with the intrusion?
10. How does Elsa speak?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)