|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo's letters?
(a) Exciting ("emocionantes").
(b) Sinful ("precaminosas").
(c) Dangerous ("peligrosas").
(d) Wonderful ("maravillosas").
2. What do Mrs. Milagros and her daughters do without discussing or agreeing to it, in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) They write a letter to the return address on the envelope.
(b) They invite Camilo to dinner, so they can discuss the situation.
(c) They turn Camilo over to the authorities.
(d) They pretend they have not read Camilo's letters.
3. Why does Mrs. Milagros feel bad after laughing at Camilo?
(a) She worries that she may have insulted his family.
(b) She does not want to set a bad example for her own daughters.
(c) Camilo seems more kind to her than she was being in return.
(d) Camilo could hear her.
4. In Part I, Chapter 6, why do Mrs. Milagros and her daughters join Camilo in his room?
(a) To assess water damage.
(b) To take him some tea after the accident.
(c) To assist him in removing spilled paint from the floor.
(d) To see his painting.
5. Who at the boarding house goes out for the mail?
(b) Mrs. Milagros.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Milagros encourage Camilo to do in Part I, Chapter 4?
2. What does Eufrasia argue is "evident" in Part I, Chapter 4?
3. How does Mrs. Milagros characterize the understanding of the other boarding house guests of Camilo's relationship?
4. As Camilo struggles with his load, what does one of the other boarding house guests say to him?
5. Which of the following best describes Mrs. Milagros?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Eufrasia Morales?
2. In Part I, Chapter 2, what are the signs that Camilo may have some unusual habits or character traits?
3. In Part I, Chapter 6, how do the people staying at the boarding house begin to talk about Rosaura?
4. In the Part I, Chapter 3, at what point does Mrs. Milagros claim that things changed at the boarding house?
5. In Part I, Chapter 7, what relationship does David Reguel now claim to have with Rosaura?
6. What are Mrs. Milagros' first impressions of Camilo? How does she describe them?
7. What is David Reguel's response to Camilo's portrait of Rosaura?
8. Once Mrs. Milagros has read Camilo's final love letter, what advice does she offer him?
9. How does Mrs. Milagros describe the story of Camilo meeting Rosaura in Part I, Chapter 5?
10. What does Mrs. Milagros tell the inspector about Camilo's business?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)