|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Rosaura's hair?
2. What does Mrs. Milagros suggest that Camilo do?
(a) Fight for his relationship.
(b) Run away with Mrs. Milagros herself.
(c) Leave Rosaura.
(d) Forget about love and focus on work.
3. What do Mrs. Milagros and her daughters suggest Camilo do if Rosaura's father is difficult?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Have Rosaura plan to leave the house while he is away.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Ask a priest to argue on his behalf.
4. What does Rosaura's final letter to Camilo say?
(a) She would like to meet Camilo the following week.
(b) Her father is too upset for her to get his blessing for their relationship.
(c) Rosaura wants to marry Camilo.
(d) Goodbye forever.
5. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo's letters?
(a) Wonderful ("maravillosas").
(b) Dangerous ("peligrosas").
(c) Sinful ("precaminosas").
(d) Exciting ("emocionantes").
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Milagros describe as the "eighth station of the Calvary"?
2. Who receives the final letter that arrives at the house for Camilo?
3. How does Mrs. Milagros imagine Rosaura's character?
4. How many children does Mrs. Milagros have?
5. Where does Mrs. Milagros hang the painting "La Madrilena"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new restoration project does Camilo describe in Part I, Chapter 5? How did he receive this work?
2. In the Part I, Chapter 3, at what point does Mrs. Milagros claim that things changed at the boarding house?
3. What do we learn about Mrs. Milagros, the narrator of Part I, Chapter 1, from her own descriptions of other characters at the beginning of the text?
4. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo settling into the boarding house?
5. Who is David Reguel, and how is he introduced in the book?
6. From Mrs. Milagros' description of Camilo in Part I, Chapter 1, and further on in the text, what sense does she give the reader that he may have committed a crime?
7. How does Mrs. Milagros first see an image of Rosaura?
8. Why does Camilo claim that he has no family? How does this affect his initial meeting with Mrs. Milagros?
9. In Part I, Chapter 7, how does Mrs. Milagros come to read the contents of the final love letter Camilo receives?
10. In Part I, Chapter 6, how do the people staying at the boarding house begin to talk about Rosaura?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)