|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Mrs. Milagros' tone in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. What does the letter that Camilo receives smell of?
(c) Cigar smoke.
3. Who is La Chelo?
(a) A public speaker.
(b) Mrs. Milagros' cats.
(c) A fellow boarding house guest.
(d) A politician.
4. What is the subject of the painting described in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) A country scene.
(b) A portrait of a dog.
(c) A portrait of a man.
(d) A portrait of a woman.
5. Why does Camilo claim that he should leave Rosaura?
(a) The relationship is causing too much commotion in the house.
(b) He lacks funds.
(c) Rosaura is a liar.
(d) The relationship is dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Camilo's appearance?
2. What happens to the boarding house while Camilo stays there?
3. What does Mrs. Milagros claim Camilo did on Sundays?
4. What does Rosaura's final letter to Camilo say?
5. On what day does the letter described in Part I, Chapter 4 arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do others at the boarding house initially react to the letters that Camilo receives?
2. Who is David Reguel, and how is he introduced in the book?
3. Who narrates Part I, Chapter 1, of the text, and why does she tell her story?
4. What are Mrs. Milagros' first impressions of Camilo? How does she describe them?
5. What is Camilo's arrangement to work on the new restoration project described in Part I, Chapter 5?
6. How is the letter described in Part I, Chapter 4 different from the earlier letters?
7. In Part I, Chapter 3, how does Mrs. Milagros describe the contents of the letters that Camilo receives and who they are from?
8. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo settling into the boarding house?
9. Are there any indicators in Part I, Chapter 2 that Camilo might be involved in an investigation?
10. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo's self-confidence and interest in romance in Part I, Chapter 2? What does Camilo tell her that shows his attitude in this area?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)