|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Camilo paint in his piece titled "La Madrilena"?
(a) Mrs. Milagros and her children.
(b) A cat playing in flowers.
(c) A town in Spain.
(d) A woman dancing.
2. Why does Camilo claim that he should leave Rosaura?
(a) The relationship is causing too much commotion in the house.
(b) The relationship is dangerous.
(c) Rosaura is a liar.
(d) He lacks funds.
3. What does Mrs. Milagros' daughter Enilde do?
(a) She is now the boarding house cook.
(b) She studies painting.
(c) She studies music.
(d) She works on a farm.
4. Why does Mrs. Milagros feel bad after laughing at Camilo?
(a) Camilo could hear her.
(b) She does not want to set a bad example for her own daughters.
(c) Camilo seems more kind to her than she was being in return.
(d) She worries that she may have insulted his family.
5. How does Mrs. Milagros imagine Rosaura's character?
(a) Happy and bubbly.
(b) Submissive and quiet.
(c) Sad and depressed.
(d) Talkative and fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the dinner described in Part I, Chapter 4, how do the boarding house guests feel?
2. Which of the following best describes how Camilo is treated by the man with whom he interacts in Part I, Chapter 5?
3. How do guests organize for meal times?
4. How does Mrs. Milagros believe she should respond to Camilo's letters?
5. What do Mrs. Milagros and her daughters suggest Camilo do if Rosaura's father is difficult?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Milagros describe the story of Camilo meeting Rosaura in Part I, Chapter 5?
2. How do others at the boarding house initially react to the letters that Camilo receives?
3. Why does Camilo claim that he has no family? How does this affect his initial meeting with Mrs. Milagros?
4. From Mrs. Milagros' description of Camilo in Part I, Chapter 1, and further on in the text, what sense does she give the reader that he may have committed a crime?
5. In Part I, Chapter 3, how does Mrs. Milagros describe the contents of the letters that Camilo receives and who they are from?
6. How does Mrs. Milagros first see an image of Rosaura?
7. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo's self-confidence and interest in romance in Part I, Chapter 2? What does Camilo tell her that shows his attitude in this area?
8. What opinion and advice does Mrs. Milagros give Camilo about his love?
9. What is David Reguel's response to Camilo's portrait of Rosaura?
10. In Part I, Chapter 2, what are the signs that Camilo may have some unusual habits or character traits?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)