|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Camilo his letter in Part I, Chapter 4?
(c) Mrs. Milagros.
2. To what kind of neighborhood does Camilo travel in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) A poor neighborhood.
(b) A predominantly Chinese neighborhood.
(c) A suburban neighborhood.
(d) An old neighborhood.
3. Who does the young woman resemble that Camilo meets in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) A painter that he admires.
(c) Mrs. Milagros.
(d) The painting he is working on.
4. Initially, what does Mrs. Milagros believe is Camilo's job?
(a) A letter delivery person.
(b) Something related to the law.
(c) A writer.
(d) An athlete.
5. Who is La Chelo?
(a) A public speaker.
(b) A fellow boarding house guest.
(c) A politician.
(d) Mrs. Milagros' cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret do Camilo and Mrs. Milagros share in Part I, Chapter 6 that causes them to share excited glances at the dinner table?
2. How many children does Mrs. Milagros have?
3. What was Eufrasia's line of work?
4. How does Mrs. Milagros describe the image she sees of Rosaura in Part I, Chapter 6?
5. Why does Camilo claim that he takes powders, pills, and syrups?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part I, Chapter 2, what are the signs that Camilo may have some unusual habits or character traits?
2. How does Mrs. Milagros react to Eufrasia's idea to read the letter that arrives in Part I, Chapter 4?
3. How does Mrs. Milagros describe the story of Camilo meeting Rosaura in Part I, Chapter 5?
4. Who is Eufrasia Morales?
5. What is Camilo's arrangement to work on the new restoration project described in Part I, Chapter 5?
6. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo's self-confidence and interest in romance in Part I, Chapter 2? What does Camilo tell her that shows his attitude in this area?
7. In Part I, Chapter 7, how does Mrs. Milagros come to read the contents of the final love letter Camilo receives?
8. How does Camilo react to the letter that he receives telling him that he and his love must be separated and that he should be patient and wait?
9. What is David Reguel's response to Camilo's portrait of Rosaura?
10. From Mrs. Milagros' description of Camilo in Part I, Chapter 1, and further on in the text, what sense does she give the reader that he may have committed a crime?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)