|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Milagros note about Rosaura that causes her to believe Rosaura is not as high-class as she expected?
(a) Her walk.
(b) Her fingernails.
(c) Her manner of chewing.
(d) Her vocabulary.
2. While all others eat dinner silently, who speaks?
3. What does Eufrasia claim Rosaura asked Camilo for?
(a) A child.
(c) A new house.
(d) An exotic honeymoon.
4. At what age does Camilo claim he began working as a painter?
5. How does Camilo respond to the inspector talking about art?
(a) He is nearly silent.
(b) He is inarticulate.
(c) He speaks timidly.
(d) He speaks enthusiastically.
6. What does Mrs. Milagros say happened after Camilo and Rosaura married?
(a) They had a photography session.
(b) They returned to the boarding house for cake.
(c) They had a party.
(d) They bid the bride and groom farewell at the train station.
7. How does Mrs. Milagros compare Rosaura's appearance in person with her portrait?
(a) She is uglier than Mrs. Milagros expected.
(b) She is more beautiful in real life.
(c) She is fatter in real life.
(d) She is far taller in real life than Mrs. Milagros would have guessed.
8. Where do Camilo and Rosaura plan to go on their honeymoon?
(a) Costa Rica.
(c) The beach.
9. Who does Eufrasia claim is in love with Camilo?
(a) Mrs. Milagros.
(d) Eufrasia, herself.
10. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs. Milagros' attitude toward her daughters gossiping about Rosaura?
(a) They should include her in their conversation.
(b) They should make sure nobody is listening when they gossip.
(c) They are being mean.
(d) They should focus on their own flaws.
11. What does the narrator of Part II, Chapter 11, claim Mrs. Milagros misrepresented?
(a) Her boarding house.
(b) Eufrasia's involvement in Camilo's relationship.
(c) Her family.
(d) Camilo's character.
12. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs. Milagros' attitude about Rosaura?
(a) She is beautiful and must be brave.
(b) She is simply adjusting to a new life, and should be shown great respect.
(c) She is odd.
(d) She is ugly and has acted rude.
13. Who stays seated at the table and does not join Mrs. Milagros in greeting Rosaura?
(d) Eufrasia, who is jealous.
14. Which of the following best characterizes Eufrasia's statement about Camilo and Rosaura as a couple?
(a) They were a beautiful couple.
(b) They were hiding something horrible.
(c) A relationship that is not blessed by family is doomed for failure.
(d) No woman could make Camilo happy, since he is crazy.
15. Who is interviewed in Part III?
(c) Mrs. Milagros.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part I, Chapter 10, who shouts out to Mrs. Milagros?
2. Who does Rosaura claim made a false identification for her?
3. What role does the investigator play in Part II, Chapter 11?
4. Which boarding house guests leave the table to greet Rosaura in Part I, Chapter 8?
5. From whom does Mrs. Milagros hide Rosaura?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)