|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mrs. Milagros' daughters comment about how Rosaura spoke the first night she arrived at the boarding house?
(a) She never spoke.
(b) She did not have the same vocabulary as in the letters.
(c) She was talkative.
(d) She seemed to lie.
2. What does Mrs. Milagros note about Rosaura that she believes demonstrates she had a fight with her father?
(a) She broke the heel on her shoe.
(b) Her arms are hurt.
(c) She has puffy, red eyes.
(d) The arm of her dress is ripped.
3. How does Rosaura react to Mrs. Milagros' questioning?
(a) With honesty and great detail.
(b) As if listening to a fairytale.
(c) By creating lies just to satisfy her, so she can be alone with Camilo.
(d) She says that the questions are annoying.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Mrs. Milagros' attitude toward her daughters gossiping about Rosaura?
(a) They are being mean.
(b) They should include her in their conversation.
(c) They should focus on their own flaws.
(d) They should make sure nobody is listening when they gossip.
5. Which character at the boarding house gives Rosaura a hug in Part I, Chapter 9?
(c) Mrs. Milagros.
6. At the end of Part I, Chapter 10, who shouts out to Mrs. Milagros?
(a) The police.
7. Who stays seated at the table and does not join Mrs. Milagros in greeting Rosaura?
(a) Eufrasia, who is jealous.
8. What does Eufrasia claim Rosaura asked Camilo for?
(a) An exotic honeymoon.
(b) A child.
(c) A new house.
9. What do Mrs. Milagros' daughters think of Rosaura?
(a) There is something strange about her.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is unattractive.
(d) She is wrong for Camilo.
10. Who does the maid describe calling?
(a) Her sister.
(b) The police.
(c) Mrs. Milagros.
(d) A public speaker.
11. What does the narrator of Part II, Chapter 11, claim Mrs. Milagros misrepresented?
(a) Her boarding house.
(b) Camilo's character.
(c) Eufrasia's involvement in Camilo's relationship.
(d) Her family.
12. Who becomes friends with Rosaura?
13. Who narrates Part I, Chapter 10?
(d) Mrs. Milagros.
14. Where does the letter describe Rosaura as having lived for five years?
(a) In Asia.
(b) In jail.
(c) In a house of prostitution.
(d) In Chile.
15. To whom is the final letter of the book addressed?
(a) Mrs. Milagros.
(b) Rosa China.
(c) Senor T. Iglesias.
(d) Camilo Canegato.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the investigator's involvement in Part III different from previous sections?
2. How does Mrs. Milagros compare Rosaura's appearance in person with her portrait?
3. Where was Eufrasia when there was a fight between David and Camilo?
4. How does Camilo explain that his fingers are discolored?
5. Who is interviewed in Part III?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)