|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eufrasia claim Elsa may have in her possession?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A photo.
(c) A letter.
(d) A painting.
2. Who stays seated at the table and does not join Mrs. Milagros in greeting Rosaura?
(d) Eufrasia, who is jealous.
3. Who does Camilo claim wrote the love letters to him?
(a) He wrote them.
(b) Mrs. Milagros wrote them.
(c) Rosaura wrote them.
(d) Matilde wrote them.
4. What does Mrs. Milagros note about Rosaura that she believes demonstrates she had a fight with her father?
(a) Her arms are hurt.
(b) The arm of her dress is ripped.
(c) She has puffy, red eyes.
(d) She broke the heel on her shoe.
5. How does Mrs. Milagros compare Rosaura's appearance in person with her portrait?
(a) She is more beautiful in real life.
(b) She is fatter in real life.
(c) She is uglier than Mrs. Milagros expected.
(d) She is far taller in real life than Mrs. Milagros would have guessed.
6. How do Mrs. Milagros' daughters discover Rosaura's age?
(a) From her identification.
(b) She tells them.
(c) Her father arrives and says she is too young to marry.
(d) Camilo tells them.
7. What role does the investigator play in Part II, Chapter 11?
(a) The investigator wrote the letter that is the chapter
(b) The investigator narrates the entire chapter.
(c) He is no longer part of the book at this point.
(d) The investigator's questions are repeated, as the narrator enters into dialog.
8. What does Eufrasia claim Rosaura asked Camilo for?
(a) A new house.
(b) An exotic honeymoon.
(c) A child.
9. What does Rosaura remember from many weekends over the past five years?
(b) Courses in horticulture.
(d) Museum visits.
10. What form does the narrative in Part II, Chapter 11 take?
(a) A song.
(b) Someone testifying.
(c) Someone writing.
(d) A letter.
11. What is Eufrasia's opinion of most of the people involved in the case?
(a) Her opinion is unfavorable.
(b) She believes that the police will see they are working with experienced criminals.
(c) She feels that she has too little information to offer the investigators.
(d) She believes that some of them are intelligent, but for the most part they are not.
12. Who does the narrator of Part II, Chapter 11, say committed a crime?
(a) Mrs. Milagros.
13. What does Camilo claim is the true identity of Rosaura?
(a) He claims that Rosaura told him to cover up her former identity.
(b) He claims that this is the first time he heard that Rosaura had a different name.
(c) He claims Rosaura misrepresented herself.
(d) He claims Rosaura never existed.
14. How does the narrator of Part II, Chapter 11, characterize Camilo?
(a) As potentially dangerous.
(b) As timid.
(c) As a poor example of a man.
(d) As unfaithful.
15. How long ago does Mrs. Milagros claim that the wedding took place?
(a) Two months ago, exactly.
(b) A day ago.
(c) A few weeks ago.
(d) A few hours ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the investigator notice about Camilo's fingers?
2. Which of the following best describes Rosaura's attitude before her wedding?
3. How old is Rosaura?
4. How does the vocabulary in Part II, Chapter 11, differ from earlier chapters?
5. While all others eat dinner silently, who speaks?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)