|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While all others eat dinner silently, who speaks?
2. How does the narrator of Part II, Chapter 11, characterize the people who live at the boarding house?
(a) As ignorant.
(b) As unkind.
(c) As too interested in gossip.
(d) As smart.
3. Which of the following best describes Rosaura's attitude before her wedding?
(a) She is passionately awaiting her wedding day.
(b) She seems uninterested.
(c) She plans for every detail.
(d) She is frightened her father may find her before the big day.
4. How does the narrator of Part II, Chapter 11, characterize Camilo?
(a) As a poor example of a man.
(b) As potentially dangerous.
(c) As unfaithful.
(d) As timid.
5. Where does Rosaura claim she first met Camilo?
(a) He was her teacher.
(b) He hired her as a prostitute.
(c) He painted her from life.
(d) She washed his clothes.
6. Which of the following best characterizes Eufrasia's statement about Camilo and Rosaura as a couple?
(a) They were hiding something horrible.
(b) No woman could make Camilo happy, since he is crazy.
(c) A relationship that is not blessed by family is doomed for failure.
(d) They were a beautiful couple.
7. What does Mrs. Milagros worry about taking to the wedding?
8. Why do Mrs. Milagros' daughters want to see Rosaura's identification?
(a) To see if they have heard of her family.
(b) To find her address.
(c) To see her real name.
(d) To see her age.
9. Where do Camilo and Rosaura plan to go on their honeymoon?
(c) Costa Rica.
(d) The beach.
10. How does Camilo claim he created the portrait of Mrs. Milagros and family?
(a) By painting a little each day for months.
(b) From live model.
(c) Using a photograph.
(d) From memory.
11. What does Eufrasia claim Rosaura asked Camilo for?
(b) A new house.
(c) A child.
(d) An exotic honeymoon.
12. Which of the following people does Reguel reference?
(a) Laura Cota.
13. How is the investigator's involvement in Part III different from previous sections?
(a) He now speaks directly.
(b) He is now interviewing multiple characters at once.
(c) He now communicates through a prison phone.
(d) He is no longer involved in the case.
14. What area does Rosaura say she is from?
(a) El Centro.
(b) La Zona Rosa.
(d) The south of the city.
15. Who narrates Part I, Chapter 10?
(c) Mrs. Milagros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Camilo claim wrote the love letters to him?
2. What does Eufrasia claim Elsa may have in her possession?
3. What do Mrs. Milagros' daughters think of Rosaura?
4. Who becomes friends with Rosaura?
5. Who stays seated at the table and does not join Mrs. Milagros in greeting Rosaura?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)