|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the maid describe calling?
(a) A public speaker.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The police.
(d) Mrs. Milagros.
2. While all others eat dinner silently, who speaks?
3. What time does the doorbell ring in Part I, Chapter 8?
(a) 3 p.m. as lunch is being served.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
4. From whom does Mrs. Milagros hide Rosaura?
(a) The police.
(c) The maid.
5. Where does Rosaura claim she first met Camilo?
(a) He was her teacher.
(b) She washed his clothes.
(c) He painted her from life.
(d) He hired her as a prostitute.
6. How do Mrs. Milagros' daughters discover Rosaura's age?
(a) Camilo tells them.
(b) She tells them.
(c) From her identification.
(d) Her father arrives and says she is too young to marry.
7. Why does Rosaura claim she arrived at the boarding house?
(a) To ask about dinner.
(b) To ask Camilo for money.
(c) To see if rooms were available.
(d) To offer to work as a maid.
8. What does Mrs. Milagros note about Rosaura that she believes demonstrates she had a fight with her father?
(a) She broke the heel on her shoe.
(b) Her arms are hurt.
(c) She has puffy, red eyes.
(d) The arm of her dress is ripped.
9. What does the investigator notice about Camilo's fingers?
(a) They are short.
(b) They are discolored.
(c) They are stained with ink.
(d) They have been scraped.
10. What does Camilo claim is the true identity of Rosaura?
(a) He claims that this is the first time he heard that Rosaura had a different name.
(b) He claims that Rosaura told him to cover up her former identity.
(c) He claims Rosaura misrepresented herself.
(d) He claims Rosaura never existed.
11. How does Camilo explain that his fingers are discolored?
(a) They are colored from the material he uses to restore paintings.
(b) His bandage came from accidentally cutting himself when he helped with dishes.
(c) They were scraped when he was handcuffed.
(d) He spilled the ink when he signed his wedding contract.
12. How old is Rosaura?
13. What does Mrs. Milagros note about Rosaura that causes her to believe Rosaura is not as high-class as she expected?
(a) Her vocabulary.
(b) Her walk.
(c) Her manner of chewing.
(d) Her fingernails.
14. Who at the boarding house has bad manners?
15. Who stays seated at the table and does not join Mrs. Milagros in greeting Rosaura?
(a) Eufrasia, who is jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first place that Rosaura describes going in town?
2. What area does Rosaura say she is from?
3. What does Eufrasia claim Rosaura asked Camilo for?
4. Who does Camilo claim wrote the love letters to him?
5. What does Eufrasia claim Elsa may have in her possession?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)