|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Camilo is treated by the man with whom he interacts in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) As an expert in his field.
(b) As a criminal.
(c) As a threat.
(d) As "less than a construction worker."
2. What was Eufrasia's line of work?
(a) She was a painter.
(b) She was a prostitute.
(c) She was a singer.
(d) She was a teacher.
3. Who claims to have met Rosaura?
(a) David Reguel.
(b) The letter carrier.
(c) Jorge Burbano.
4. Which of the boarders does Mrs. Milagros claim is most affected by the letters?
5. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo's letters?
(a) Exciting ("emocionantes").
(b) Sinful ("precaminosas").
(c) Dangerous ("peligrosas").
(d) Wonderful ("maravillosas").
6. Which of the following best describes Mrs. Milagros' tone in Part I, Chapter 1?
7. Who is between Camilo and the young person he meets at his job site?
(a) A growling guard dog.
(b) An old, often sleeping, woman.
(c) The woman who serves Camilo his tea.
(d) A Japanese chauffeur who watches Camilo anxiously.
8. How does Mrs. Milagros describe watching Camilo go to his room where he will read his letter?
(a) Like a mother watching a bird leave the nest.
(b) Like a manager, sending an entertainer out to the stage.
(c) Like a hopeless romantic, hoping for the best.
(d) Like a mother watching a son go to war.
9. How does Camilo react to Mrs. Milagros at the end of Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) He works harder on his painting.
(b) He is upset with her, and he yells.
(c) He begins to speak.
(d) He is nervous about her prying, and he begins packing his bag.
10. What does the person want who arrives at Camilo's studio in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) To ask some questions.
(b) To run away with him.
(c) To offer him money to leave his daughter alone.
(d) To get help with a painting.
11. What secret do Camilo and Mrs. Milagros share in Part I, Chapter 6 that causes them to share excited glances at the dinner table?
(a) Camilo had just been invited to give classes, which would increase his salary tremendously.
(b) Camilo brought back a painting of Rosaura.
(c) Rosaura was pregnant.
(d) Camilo bought an engagement ring.
12. Who does the young woman resemble that Camilo meets in Part I, Chapter 5?
(b) Mrs. Milagros.
(c) A painter that he admires.
(d) The painting he is working on.
13. Who is La Chelo?
(a) Mrs. Milagros' cats.
(b) A public speaker.
(c) A fellow boarding house guest.
(d) A politician.
14. What does Camilo tell Mrs. Milagros that he does for a living?
(a) He is an evangelist.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is an inspirational speaker.
(d) He is an author.
15. As Camilo struggles with his load, what does one of the other boarding house guests say to him?
(a) He says that he too had a hard time moving in and offers Camilo a cool drink.
(b) He claims that he would like to help, but shows Camilo he is in a wheelchair.
(c) He offers to help.
(d) He apologizes for not helping, saying he has a hernia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does Mrs. Milagros' narration take?
2. What does Camilo carry with him to the boarding house?
3. What happens to the boarding house while Camilo stays there?
4. Which of the following best characterize Mrs. Milagros' attitude toward art?
5. Which of the following best describes Mrs. Milagros' reaction to Rosaura's letter?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)