|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Camilo inform Mrs. Milagros about his letters?
(a) He only tells her they are about work.
(b) He describes them at meal times.
(c) He tells her very little.
(d) He reads them aloud to her.
2. Why does Mrs. Milagros not wish to open the final letter delivered for Camilo from Rosaura?
(a) She does not want to anger Camilo.
(b) She worries Camilo may walk in.
(c) She is jealous of Camilo.
(d) She is ashamed.
3. Initially, what does Mrs. Milagros believe is Camilo's job?
(a) Something related to the law.
(b) A letter delivery person.
(c) An athlete.
(d) A writer.
4. What does Mrs. Milagros suggest that Camilo do?
(a) Run away with Mrs. Milagros herself.
(b) Fight for his relationship.
(c) Forget about love and focus on work.
(d) Leave Rosaura.
5. How does Mrs. Milagros claim Camilo speaks about art?
(a) As a well-informed technician but without imagination in terms of the subject.
(c) Knowledgably and enthusiastically.
(d) Unintelligently, though he does know how to paint.
6. How do guests organize for meal times?
(a) They eat at a picnic table in the yard.
(b) They eat in their own rooms.
(c) They don't eat together since the kitchen is being remodeled.
(d) They all eat at the same table.
7. How does Mrs. Milagros imagine Rosaura's character?
(a) Happy and bubbly.
(b) Sad and depressed.
(c) Talkative and fun.
(d) Submissive and quiet.
8. Who else is in the house where Camilo converses with a patron in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) The man's wife.
(b) A host of servants.
(c) A young man.
(d) A young woman.
9. Why does Camilo claim that he takes powders, pills, and syrups?
(a) For his brain.
(b) For his stomach.
(c) For his wrist.
(d) For his circulation.
10. What was Eufrasia's line of work?
(a) She was a painter.
(b) She was a prostitute.
(c) She was a teacher.
(d) She was a singer.
11. Who receives the final letter that arrives at the house for Camilo?
(b) Mrs. Milagros.
(c) The maid.
(d) Camilo himself.
12. Which of the following best describes Camilo's attitude toward La Chelo?
13. Which of the boarders does Mrs. Milagros claim is most affected by the letters?
14. Which of the following best describes Camilo's appearance?
(b) Tall and elegant.
(c) Fat with long hair.
15. How many children does Mrs. Milagros have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Camilo claim he learned of the pills, powders, and syrups that he uses?
2. In Part I, Chapter 3, what does Mrs. Milagros claim happened six months ago?
3. How does Mrs. Milagros characterize Camilo as a boarding house guest?
4. Who appears at Camilo's studio at the beginning of Part I, Chapter 5?
5. To what kind of neighborhood does Camilo travel in Part I, Chapter 5?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)