|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is between Camilo and the young person he meets at his job site?
(a) A Japanese chauffeur who watches Camilo anxiously.
(b) The woman who serves Camilo his tea.
(c) An old, often sleeping, woman.
(d) A growling guard dog.
2. How do guests organize for meal times?
(a) They eat in their own rooms.
(b) They don't eat together since the kitchen is being remodeled.
(c) They all eat at the same table.
(d) They eat at a picnic table in the yard.
3. Where does Mrs. Milagros hang the painting "La Madrilena"?
(a) In her green room.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the restroom.
4. In Part I, Chapter 1, Mrs. Milagros claims that Camilo had been staying with her for six months. In Part I, Chapter 2, how long does she say that he had stayed with her?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 12 years.
5. How much does Camilo inform Mrs. Milagros about his letters?
(a) He reads them aloud to her.
(b) He describes them at meal times.
(c) He tells her very little.
(d) He only tells her they are about work.
6. Initially, what does Mrs. Milagros believe is Camilo's job?
(a) A letter delivery person.
(b) Something related to the law.
(c) A writer.
(d) An athlete.
7. Who does Mrs. Milagros describe as the student ("la bachillera") in the boarding house?
(c) Old woman ("la vieja") Beatricita.
8. How does Mrs. Milagros describe watching Camilo go to his room where he will read his letter?
(a) Like a hopeless romantic, hoping for the best.
(b) Like a mother watching a bird leave the nest.
(c) Like a manager, sending an entertainer out to the stage.
(d) Like a mother watching a son go to war.
9. Why is Camilo nervous as Mrs. Milagros and her daughters enter his room?
(a) He has to admit that he has been careless with the room.
(b) He hopes they will not be upset about the damage.
(c) He doesn't want anyone else to enter.
(d) He is not sure he could afford professional repair.
10. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) As innocent.
(b) As verbally abusive.
(c) As intelligent.
(d) As unkind.
11. What does the person want who arrives at Camilo's studio in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) To offer him money to leave his daughter alone.
(b) To run away with him.
(c) To ask some questions.
(d) To get help with a painting.
12. How does Mrs. Milagros describe the image she sees of Rosaura in Part I, Chapter 6?
(a) A beautiful young woman.
(b) A pretty, if common looking, woman.
(c) An ugly, tired face.
(d) A suitable match, but nothing to write home about.
13. After all of the years Camilo has stayed with Mrs. Milagros, which of the following best describes their relationship?
(a) Like a mother and son.
(b) Like lovers.
14. Which of the following best describes Camilo's appearance?
(a) Tall and elegant.
(b) Fat with long hair.
15. Why does Mrs. Milagros not wish to open the final letter delivered for Camilo from Rosaura?
(a) She is ashamed.
(b) She does not want to anger Camilo.
(c) She is jealous of Camilo.
(d) She worries Camilo may walk in.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the dinner described in Part I, Chapter 4, how do the boarding house guests feel?
2. What does Mrs. Milagros tell her daughters about the letters that arrive to the boarding house?
3. What do Mrs. Milagros and her daughters suggest Camilo do if Rosaura's father is difficult?
4. At the outset of the Part I, Chapter 2, how old is Mrs. Milagros' youngest child?
5. What color is Rosaura's hair?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)