|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter that Camilo receives smell of?
(c) Cigar smoke.
2. What is the subject of the painting described in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) A country scene.
(b) A portrait of a woman.
(c) A portrait of a dog.
(d) A portrait of a man.
3. How does Mrs. Milagros characterize the understanding of the other boarding house guests of Camilo's relationship?
(a) They don't care.
(b) They are uninformed.
(c) They are all interested.
(d) They are jealous.
4. What does Camilo describe cooking for his father?
(a) Cheesy snacks.
(b) Spicy chicken.
5. What does Camilo paint while working on a larger oil painting?
(a) A letter proposing to his love.
(b) A small portrait of Rosaura.
(c) A smaller image of the house.
(d) A gift for Mrs. Milagros.
6. What happens to the boarding house while Camilo stays there?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It becomes well known.
(c) It becomes totally abandoned, and he is the only guest.
(d) It gets painted.
7. In Part I, Chapter 6, why do Mrs. Milagros and her daughters join Camilo in his room?
(a) To assist him in removing spilled paint from the floor.
(b) To see his painting.
(c) To assess water damage.
(d) To take him some tea after the accident.
8. Initially, what does Mrs. Milagros believe is Camilo's job?
(a) Something related to the law.
(b) A letter delivery person.
(c) A writer.
(d) An athlete.
9. How do guests organize for meal times?
(a) They eat in their own rooms.
(b) They all eat at the same table.
(c) They eat at a picnic table in the yard.
(d) They don't eat together since the kitchen is being remodeled.
10. Who laughs with Mrs. Milagros as she looks at Camilo's card?
(a) Her daughters.
(b) The letter carrier.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Other boarding house guests.
11. What does Rosaura's final letter to Camilo say?
(a) Rosaura wants to marry Camilo.
(b) Her father is too upset for her to get his blessing for their relationship.
(c) Goodbye forever.
(d) She would like to meet Camilo the following week.
12. How many children does Mrs. Milagros have?
13. What form does Mrs. Milagros' narration take?
(a) A dialog with her daughter.
(b) A song.
(c) A letter.
(d) A declaration.
14. From what did Mrs. Milagros' husband die?
(a) A heart attack.
(c) Kienbock's disease.
(d) Brain cancer.
15. What does Mrs. Milagros tell her daughters about the letters that arrive to the boarding house?
(a) She is jealous that she does not receive more mail.
(b) She is hopeful Camilo is in love.
(c) She hopes Camilo has found work.
(d) She is worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo in Part I, Chapter 2?
2. What color is Rosaura's hair?
3. After the dinner described in Part I, Chapter 4, how do the boarding house guests feel?
4. Who gives Camilo his letter in Part I, Chapter 4?
5. What is Coretti's response to Camilo's relationship?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)