|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what kind of neighborhood does Camilo travel in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) A predominantly Chinese neighborhood.
(b) A poor neighborhood.
(c) A suburban neighborhood.
(d) An old neighborhood.
2. Who gives Camilo his letter in Part I, Chapter 4?
(b) Mrs. Milagros.
3. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo's letters?
(a) Wonderful ("maravillosas").
(b) Sinful ("precaminosas").
(c) Dangerous ("peligrosas").
(d) Exciting ("emocionantes").
4. Who else is in the house where Camilo converses with a patron in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) A young woman.
(b) The man's wife.
(c) A young man.
(d) A host of servants.
5. What happens to the boarding house while Camilo stays there?
(a) It becomes well known.
(b) It gets painted.
(c) It becomes totally abandoned, and he is the only guest.
(d) It burns down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Milagros opens the book with a description of a guest arriving at her boarding house. Who was that guest?
2. Where does Mrs. Milagros hang the painting "La Madrilena"?
3. How does Mrs. Milagros believe she should respond to Camilo's letters?
4. Who does Mrs. Milagros describe as the student ("la bachillera") in the boarding house?
5. How much does Camilo inform Mrs. Milagros about his letters?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)