|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that Will Palmer has the opportunity to take over the lumber mill?
2. What gift does Kunta carve for Kizzy's second birthday?
3. What had been the cause of the gardener's disability?
4. How many cocks does George plan to take with him on the trip to New Orleans?
5. What does Bell eventually reveal about her life before she married Kunta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Kunta come to marry Bell? What are his reservations about that step?
Essay Topic 2
What does Kunta observe about the wealthy whites and the poor whites who attend church together at Waller Meetinghouse? Compare that to Kunta's thoughts on the separation of blacks and whites.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the first plantation where Kunta is held with the second. What does he say is the same at the two?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)