|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kizzy discover she is now living with the new master?
2. What is the name of the white man who is appointed overseer by Master Murray?
3. A slave who is asked whether he'll side with the North or South says that the two are like what animal?
4. How much money does the master give George to bet on his own birds?
5. What is the outcome of the overseer's wife's pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Noah and Kunta each ran away. Compare the actions and motivations of the two. Why are they different? Why are they the same?
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between George and Matilda early in their marriage? How does it change over time? Compare that to the relationship between Kunta and Bell.
Essay Topic 3
What is the traditional story told to the babies and children born of the descendants of Kunta? Why does Will Palmer resent this tradition?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)