|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A slave who is asked whether he'll side with the North or South says that the two are like what animal?
2. Why does Kizzy not offer to teach her son to read and write?
3. Where is Kizzy to spend her second birthday?
4. What is the job of Mingo?
5. What is the name of the girl the master tells George is two-timing him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Noah and Kunta each ran away. Compare the actions and motivations of the two. Why are they different? Why are they the same?
Essay Topic 2
At one point Kizzy says that Tom Lea's chickens stole George from them. What does she mean and how do those chickens eventually impact the lives of the entire family?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between George and Matilda early in their marriage? How does it change over time? Compare that to the relationship between Kunta and Bell.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)