|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a pastime of Kunta and his friends?
2. How many huts does Kunta discover there are for housing slaves?
3. What does Kunta say about the color of "the missus?"
4. Who looks after Kunta and the other young children of the tribe?
5. What does Fiddler say happened to his previous master?
Short Essay Questions
1. When George hears that there has been a threat of an uprising that resulted in an order for blacks to remain in their cabins at his plantation, what is his reaction and what does he eventually realize about that reaction?
2. How does Kunta come to realize that he is now into his "nineteenth rain?"
3. What is Kunta's first thought after having thought of his father's brothers aboard the slave ship?
4. What is the significance of Kunta's action with the dirt when Kizzy is taken away and what does he do with it?
5. What is Uncle Mingo's reaction when the master tells them about the uprising and threatens them if they act as if they might revolt?
6. What is the story about Kunta's grandfather's role in Kunta's people?
7. What are some of the sounds Kunta misses from his home during the quiet times on the planation?
8. What is the issue brought to the council by the young girl named Jankeh Jallon?
9. What is the deal George and Master Lea agree on with regard to the freedom of the slaves?
10. What does George tell his family about the land in Tennessee where he wants to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the traditional story told to the babies and children born of the descendants of Kunta? Why does Will Palmer resent this tradition?
Essay Topic 2
How does Kunta come to marry Bell? What are his reservations about that step?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Kunta's trip to America.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)