|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a rule Omoro tells Kunta will help keep him safe from being taken by the toubob?
2. What is Kunta given to help him begin moving about?
3. What does Fiddler say happened to his previous master?
4. What do Kunta's friends believe about the toubob?
5. Who looks after Kunta and the other young children of the tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Uncle Mingo's reaction when the master tells them about the uprising and threatens them if they act as if they might revolt?
2. What are some of the sounds Kunta misses from his home during the quiet times on the planation?
3. How does Will Palmer come to be so respected that he's offered the chance to buy the lumber mill?
4. What hope does Kizzy hold onto regarding how she might yet be returned to her parents?
5. How does it come about that Kunta realizes he is now thirty-four rains in age?
6. What lesson is given the boys regarding emotions?
7. What does George tell his family about the land in Tennessee where he wants to go?
8. What is the purpose of the fudano leaves used by the women of the village?
9. What happens to George and his family as a result of Nat Turner's uprising and what is the end result with regard to the relationship between George and the master, Tom Lea?
10. When George hears that there has been a threat of an uprising that resulted in an order for blacks to remain in their cabins at his plantation, what is his reaction and what does he eventually realize about that reaction?
Essay Topic 1
Who is the man they call "Ol' George?" How does he come to be part of the lives of Tom's family? What is it that prompts him to go with the family when they leave for Tennessee?
Essay Topic 2
What is the immediate reaction of Tom and the family when they learn that of the Emancipation Proclamation? How does it change over time, and what is the end result?
Essay Topic 3
How does Kunta come to marry Bell? What are his reservations about that step?
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)