|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gift Omoro gives Kunta upon his graduation?
2. What is the name of the brown man who first befriends Kunta?
3. What is the instrument Kunta hears being played by an African slave owned by the father of Kunta's master?
4. How many times do the mourning women walk around Kunta's grandmother when she dies?
5. What are Kunta and the other captives given on their seventh morning on land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude of the other blacks Kunta reaches the plantation that will be his new home and what does Kunta think of it?
2. What happens to Kunta and the other captives each time they're taken to the deck of the ship?
3. How does Kunta's father console Kunta upon the death of his grandmother?
4. How does the relationship between Kunta and Lamin begin to develop as Kunta ages?
5. How is the land prepared for the annual planting season?
6. What does Master John tell the slaves while he is staying at the plantation overseeing things?
7. Describe the reactions of the mothers when the young men in training slip into their storehouses to steal food?
8. What are some of the sounds Kunta misses from his home during the quiet times on the planation?
9. What is the dispute over fruit that is brought to the council and what is the resolution?
10. How is Kunta's name revealed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Kunta's trip to America.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of the stories about Kunta - called the African - to Kizzy and later to her grandchildren? How do these stories reach George?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Uncle Mingo and Master Tom Lea? What is it that causes Uncle Mingo jealousy when the master begins taking George with him as he attends fights?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)