|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kunta given to help him begin moving about?
2. What does Kunta do with the food the woman brings him as he continues to convalesce?
3. What name is given to Kunta's baby brother?
4. What do Kunta and Lamin have when they return to Juffure?
5. What does Omoro say about those who become slaves during a battle against an enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Omoro tell Kunta a person can become a slave?
2. What does Master John tell the slaves while he is staying at the plantation overseeing things?
3. What is the significance of Kunta's action with the dirt when Kizzy is taken away and what does he do with it?
4. What does Kunta believe to have been the fatal flaw in his escape attempt?
5. Why does Fiddler tell Kunta he's a "half-free nigger?"
6. What does Kunta remember that his father had told him about being willing to give and accept?
7. How does George get his freedom papers?
8. What is Kunta's first thought after having thought of his father's brothers aboard the slave ship?
9. What are some of the things of Africa Kunta sees in his surroundings?
10. What lesson is given the boys regarding emotions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Kunta's life as a baby. How does that compare to his life as an adult slave? How is his life as an adult different in America from what it would be in Africa?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Kunta's trip to America.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the first plantation where Kunta is held with the second. What does he say is the same at the two?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)