Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the drawing on the hide displayed by Janneh?
2. What color does Binta dye her new cotton for the family's clothing?
3. Why are the young men of Kunta's age urged to attend council meetings?
4. Why do the children of Kunta's village try to catch the flakes of ashes?
5. What name is given to Kunta's baby brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George get his freedom papers?
2. What lesson is given the boys regarding emotions?
3. How are the boys of Kunta's village taken away for their manhood training?
4. What is it that Bell tells Kunta about his master's reaction when Kunta's foot was severed?
5. What are Kunta's thoughts when he sees the toubob women?
6. What does Kunta learn to be the cause of the brown man's broken arm?
7. How do the rocks with which Kunta keeps track of his age become an issue with the master?
8. What is the purpose of the fudano leaves used by the women of the village?
9. How is Kunta's name revealed?
10. What is the significance of Kunta's action with the dirt when Kizzy is taken away and what does he do with it?
What is the importance of the stories about Kunta - called the African - to Kizzy and later to her grandchildren? How do these stories reach George?
What is the relationship between George and Matilda early in their marriage? How does it change over time? Compare that to the relationship between Kunta and Bell.
Who is the man they call "Ol' George?" How does he come to be part of the lives of Tom's family? What is it that prompts him to go with the family when they leave for Tennessee?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)