|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kunta know he and his mates are approaching a freshly cut bamboo grove?
2. How many huts does Kunta discover there are for housing slaves?
3. Where is Kunta to live when he returns to the village after his manhood training?
4. Kunta's daydreams of _________ whenever he finds himself alone with his goats to tend
5. Why does Kunta begin eating the horrible gruel that's put before him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things of Africa Kunta sees in his surroundings?
2. When George hears that there has been a threat of an uprising that resulted in an order for blacks to remain in their cabins at his plantation, what is his reaction and what does he eventually realize about that reaction?
3. How is the land prepared for the annual planting season?
4. What is the result of Fiddler saving up to buy his freedom?
5. What is the purpose of the fudano leaves used by the women of the village?
6. How does Omoro tell Kunta a person can become a slave?
7. Describe Kunta's arrival at the first stop on his travels to the plantation.
8. What does Fiddler say to Kunta when Kunta finally wakes from his coma during his bout with the fever?
9. How are the boys of Kunta's village taken away for their manhood training?
10. What happens to Kunta and the other captives each time they're taken to the deck of the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Noah and Kunta each ran away. Compare the actions and motivations of the two. Why are they different? Why are they the same?
Essay Topic 2
At one point Kizzy says that Tom Lea's chickens stole George from them. What does she mean and how do those chickens eventually impact the lives of the entire family?
Essay Topic 3
How does Kunta come to marry Bell? What are his reservations about that step?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)