|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who looks after Kunta and the other young children of the tribe?
2. What is the drawing on the hide displayed by Janneh?
3. What are Kunta and the other captives given on their seventh morning on land?
4. What is the instrument Kunta hears being played by an African slave owned by the father of Kunta's master?
5. What does Fiddler say happened to his previous master?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kunta learn to be the cause of the brown man's broken arm?
2. How does Kunta come to realize that he is now into his "nineteenth rain?"
3. Why does Fiddler tell Kunta he's a "half-free nigger?"
4. What is the dispute over fruit that is brought to the council and what is the resolution?
5. How is the size of growing plots determined?
6. What are some of the sounds Kunta misses from his home during the quiet times on the planation?
7. How do all the stories of Nyo Boto begin?
8. What is the story about Kunta's grandfather's role in Kunta's people?
9. How do the rocks with which Kunta keeps track of his age become an issue with the master?
10. What is the attitude of the other blacks Kunta reaches the plantation that will be his new home and what does Kunta think of it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the first plantation where Kunta is held with the second. What does he say is the same at the two?
Essay Topic 2
What is it that makes the entire family of Matilda and Chicken George travel to Tennessee rather than remaining on the Murray plantation? What makes others join them?
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of the stories about Kunta - called the African - to Kizzy and later to her grandchildren? How do these stories reach George?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)