Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the drawing on the hide displayed by Janneh?
2. What color does Binta dye her new cotton for the family's clothing?
3. Why are the young men of Kunta's age urged to attend council meetings?
4. Why do the children of Kunta's village try to catch the flakes of ashes?
5. What name is given to Kunta's baby brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George get his freedom papers?
2. What lesson is given the boys regarding emotions?
3. How are the boys of Kunta's village taken away for their manhood training?
4. What is it that Bell tells Kunta about his master's reaction when Kunta's foot was severed?
5. What are Kunta's thoughts when he sees the toubob women?
6. What does Kunta learn to be the cause of the brown man's broken arm?
7. How do the rocks with which Kunta keeps track of his age become an issue with the master?
8. What is the purpose of the fudano leaves used by the women of the village?
9. How is Kunta's name revealed?
10. What is the significance of Kunta's action with the dirt when Kizzy is taken away and what does he do with it?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the stories about Kunta - called the African - to Kizzy and later to her grandchildren? How do these stories reach George?
Essay Topic 2
How do the attitudes of the blacks change when they are freed? Compare that to the attitudes of the whites over the following years.
Essay Topic 3
What is the belief of Kunta's people regarding the toubob and the taking of slaves? What is the significance of the white cock's death with regard to those taken captive?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)