|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new name given to Kunta?
2. What does Kunta say about the color of "the missus?"
3. What does Kunta know to be the truth when he feels the ship begin to move?
4. Why does Kunta begin eating the horrible gruel that's put before him?
5. What is the message Kunta believes has come to him from Allah after he is on land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dream Belle has during her pregnancy?
2. How does Kunta come to realize that he is now into his "nineteenth rain?"
3. What are the first days of the manhood training like for Kunta and his mates?
4. How do the rocks with which Kunta keeps track of his age become an issue with the master?
5. How is Kunta's name revealed?
6. What hope does Kizzy hold onto regarding how she might yet be returned to her parents?
7. What is the issue brought to the council by the young girl named Jankeh Jallon?
8. What is the story about Kunta's grandfather's role in Kunta's people?
9. What is the purpose of the fudano leaves used by the women of the village?
10. How does Irene go about ensuring that her master and missus will sell her to Tom's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the stories about Kunta - called the African - to Kizzy and later to her grandchildren? How do these stories reach George?
Essay Topic 2
What is it that makes the entire family of Matilda and Chicken George travel to Tennessee rather than remaining on the Murray plantation? What makes others join them?
Essay Topic 3
How does Kunta come to marry Bell? What are his reservations about that step?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)