Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kunta discovers he is chained to _________.
2. What is the purpose of the charms at the head of Omoro's bed?
3. What does Kunta say about the color of "the missus?"
4. What year is the baby who will be named Kunta born?
5. What color does Binta dye her new cotton for the family's clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances surrounding Tom's first encounter with the man who would become the plantation overseer?
2. How does Irene go about ensuring that her master and missus will sell her to Tom's?
3. What does Kunta believe to have been the fatal flaw in his escape attempt?
4. What is the significance of Kunta's action with the dirt when Kizzy is taken away and what does he do with it?
5. How does Omoro tell Kunta a person can become a slave?
6. What is George's idea about freedom and how does he expect Tom to help?
7. How does Will Palmer come to be so respected that he's offered the chance to buy the lumber mill?
8. How is the land prepared for the annual planting season?
9. Of what is Kunta reminded during his time with the Ghanaian?
10. How does Kunta's father console Kunta upon the death of his grandmother?
After twenty years, Kunta says that he suddenly realizes that he has lost himself. What is it that he feels has happened to him after his years in slavery and what is the impact on him?
How do the attitudes of the blacks change when they are freed? Compare that to the attitudes of the whites over the following years.
What does Kunta observe about the wealthy whites and the poor whites who attend church together at Waller Meetinghouse? Compare that to Kunta's thoughts on the separation of blacks and whites.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)