|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's answer to the restriction that he cannot build a blacksmith shop in the Tennessee town where they arrive?
(a) He creates a traveling blacksmith business.
(b) He decides to become a farmer and forget the trade.
(c) He moves to another town.
(d) He sets up his forge on his land so customers can come to him.
2. Why is the name Virgil given to George and Matilda's son?
(a) It is Matilda's father's name.
(b) The master selects it.
(c) It was George's father's name.
(d) It was the name of the man who previously owned Matilda.
3. What is the name of the organization that proposes a mass return of blacks to Africa?
(a) The Black Affiliation
(b) The Negro Union
(c) The NAACP
(d) The Freedman's Society
4. Who is the first person George encounters upon arriving at the plantation where his family now lives?
5. How old is Kizzy when Bell tells her she will have to begin doing some work at the big house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name given to George and Matilda's fourth son?
2. What is the gift Bell makes for Kunta prior to their marriage?
3. What task are Tom and the others involved in when he tells about Lincoln's determination to end slavery?
4. Why does Kunta feel uneasy about Missy Anne's teaching Kizzy the letters of the alphabet?
5. What is the job of Mingo?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)