|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the contraption Amos describes that sounds like a cricket?
(a) An anvil
(b) A washing machine
(c) A telegraph
(d) A sewing machine
2. What does Matilda say is her only wish on the morning of the first service in the new church?
(a) That they had the rest of their children with them.
(b) That the family would always remain together.
(c) That Kizzy was with them.
(d) That the children would be forever this happy.
3. What happens that Will Palmer has the opportunity to take over the lumber mill?
(a) Tom helps him buy in.
(b) He buys in with his savings.
(c) He has land with lumber that provides the basis for his share.
(d) The previous owner declares bankruptcy.
4. What safeguard does Master John insist on with regard to his food after he learns about the black uprising in Richmond?
(a) He has Kizzy taste his food.
(b) He watches Bell cook his food.
(c) He doesn't eat anything that Bell cooks.
(d) He has all his food brought from his own plantation.
5. What is the news George and the master learn as they are preparing for the trip to New Orleans?
(a) That Virgil has died
(b) That Uncle Pompey has died
(c) That Uncle Mingo has died
(d) That the missus has died
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom meet Irene?
2. Who is the first person George encounters upon arriving at the plantation where his family now lives?
3. What is it that the slave named Noah tells Kunta that he plans to do?
4. What is the name of Matilda and George's seventh child?
5. What is the job Tom is assigned to do with regard to the war effort?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)