|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task are Tom and the others involved in when he tells about Lincoln's determination to end slavery?
(a) Shelling peas
(b) Cracking hickory nuts
(d) Working in the field
2. Who is the first person George sees upon his return to the Lea farm?
(b) Tom Lea
(d) Miss Malizy
3. A slave who is asked whether he'll side with the North or South says that the two are like what animal?
4. What is the gift Bell makes for Kunta prior to their marriage?
(b) A cap
(d) A mat
5. Why is Kizzy arrested?
(a) She stole paper.
(b) She wrote her name on the slave cabin.
(c) She read newspapers that belonged to the master.
(d) She wrote a note for Noah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the contraption Amos describes that sounds like a cricket?
2. What had been the cause of the gardener's disability?
3. What is the sign of mourning recognized by the slaves?
4. What happens that Will Palmer has the opportunity to take over the lumber mill?
5. What is Tom's answer to the restriction that he cannot build a blacksmith shop in the Tennessee town where they arrive?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)