|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village where Kunta lives?
2. What is the gift Nyo Boto gives Kunta as he prepares to go on the journey with his father?
(a) A slingshot
(b) A story
(c) A charm
(d) A pouch
3. Why does Kunta begin eating the horrible gruel that's put before him?
(a) He comes to accept that it's all that will be offered.
(b) So that he will regain his strength.
(c) To keep from being beaten for not eating.
(d) He is hungry.
4. Which of the following is not a pastime of Kunta and his friends?
(a) Running with the dogs of the village
(b) Chasing squirrels
(c) Digging up termite mounds
(d) Racing scarab dung beetles
5. What name is given to Kunta's baby brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who looks after Kunta and the other young children of the tribe?
2. What is the name of the brother born during Kunta's manhood training?
3. What does Kunta do with the food the woman brings him as he continues to convalesce?
4. What do Kunta and Lamin have when they return to Juffure?
5. How do the people of Juffure learn that there are ferocious wrestlers on their way to the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the sounds Kunta misses from his home during the quiet times on the planation?
2. What does Kunta believe to have been the fatal flaw in his escape attempt?
3. How do Kunta's friends act upon his return?
4. What is the attitude of Nyo Boto upon Kunta's return from his training and what is its impact on them both?
5. How do the rocks with which Kunta keeps track of his age become an issue with the master?
6. How does Irene go about ensuring that her master and missus will sell her to Tom's?
7. How does Kunta's father console Kunta upon the death of his grandmother?
8. What is the dream Belle has during her pregnancy?
9. With the many traders who stop at Juffure, why do some pass without stopping?
10. How does George come to know the identity of his father?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)