|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiddler do to make his fingers nimble again?
(a) Rubs them with oil
(b) Plaits cornhusks
(c) Squeezes a stick
(d) Plays his fiddle
2. How much does Kunta's new owner pay for him?
(a) Eight hundred and fifty dollars
(b) Seven hundred dollars
(c) One thousand dollars
(d) Three hundred and fifty dollars
3. Why does Kunta begin eating the horrible gruel that's put before him?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) To keep from being beaten for not eating.
(c) He comes to accept that it's all that will be offered.
(d) So that he will regain his strength.
4. Where is Kunta to live when he returns to the village after his manhood training?
(a) In the hut of his mother
(b) In a hut with other young men of his age
(c) In his own hut
(d) In the hut with his father
5. What is Kunta given to help him begin moving about?
(a) A wheelchair
(b) Medication to dull the pain
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kunta wearing when he wakes after his attack?
2. Why do the children of Kunta's village try to catch the flakes of ashes?
3. What is the purpose of the charms at the head of Omoro's bed?
4. What name is given to Kunta's baby brother?
5. How old are girls when they prepare to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kunta remember that his father had told him about being willing to give and accept?
2. What does Bell say is the master's attitude about the "yellow" slaves?
3. With the many traders who stop at Juffure, why do some pass without stopping?
4. What does Kunta learn to be the cause of the brown man's broken arm?
5. How is Kunta's name revealed?
6. What is Uncle Mingo's reaction when the master tells them about the uprising and threatens them if they act as if they might revolt?
7. What is the attitude of Nyo Boto upon Kunta's return from his training and what is its impact on them both?
8. What does George tell his family about the land in Tennessee where he wants to go?
9. How does Chicken George take the death of his wife, Matilda?
10. What hope does Kizzy hold onto regarding how she might yet be returned to her parents?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)