|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 71-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to custom, when is Kunta to be weaned?
(a) When he can talk
(b) As soon as he can eat meat
(c) When he can walk
(d) At one year
2. What do the men of the village give the "magic man" when he arrives at Jeffure?
(c) A beating
3. How many times do the mourning women walk around Kunta's grandmother when she dies?
4. What is the fate of the young girl who jumps overboard?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She is left behind.
(c) She is eaten by sharks.
(d) She is shot by the slavers.
5. How do the people of Juffure learn that there are ferocious wrestlers on their way to the village?
(a) The wrestlers always come at this time
(b) A strange drum beat
(c) A messenger arrives with the news
(d) There is no warning
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kunta hate the task of carrying Bell's basket of vegetables when she first begins asking him to do it?
2. Kunta discovers he is chained to _________.
3. What are the men of the village talking about when Kunta finds himself gathered around their fire?
4. Why is Kunta told he should put away the African charm he wears?
5. How many strings does the instrument called a kora have?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)