|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 71-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kunta learn had been the old gardener's name?
2. What is the message Kunta believes has come to him from Allah after he is on land?
(a) That he is to be returned to his family.
(b) That his life is in the hands of Allah.
(c) That he will survive if he continues to have faith.
(d) That the wise man learns from the animals.
3. What is the gift Nyo Boto gives Kunta as he prepares to go on the journey with his father?
(a) A pouch
(b) A charm
(c) A slingshot
(d) A story
4. How is Bell getting information about the uprising against England?
(a) She listens in on conversations whenever there is company.
(b) The master is talking to her.
(c) News comes from slaves of other plantations.
(d) She finds documents left by the master
5. What happens to Kunta's food on the first night he is in the custody of his new master?
(a) The dog eats it.
(b) It is out of his reach and he cannot get it.
(c) He eats it.
(d) Some children take it from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the name Kunta chooses for Bell's daughter?
2. What does Kunta learn is the reason that Fiddler is no longer playing for the slaves?
3. What is Kunta wearing when he wakes after his attack?
4. Why are the young men of Kunta's age urged to attend council meetings?
5. What is the disease that runs quickly through the hold of the ship, claiming many lives?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)