|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 91-100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Kunta and the other captives given on their seventh morning on land?
(a) A prayer mat
2. What infirmity does the "brown" man have during Kunta's recuperation?
(a) He has a serious cough.
(b) His hand is missing.
(c) His arm is in an cast.
(d) He can hardly walk
3. What is the one item Omoro keeps from Kunta's childish grasp?
(a) The prayer rug
(b) The charms at the head of his bed
(c) The arrows
(d) The hot coals of the fire
4. How is Kunta told that a griot learns his skill?
(a) By reading the written ancestry of the tribes.
(b) By studying with the elder griots.
(c) By traveling from tribe to tribe and learning from tribe elders.
(d) By spending time with the minds of the ancestors.
5. What are the men of the village talking about when Kunta finds himself gathered around their fire?
(a) The taking of slaves
(b) The harvest festival
(c) The possibility that they have angered Allah
(d) The need for more food
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiddler say happened to his previous master?
2. What is the gift Omoro gives Kunta upon his graduation?
3. Who tells Kunta and the other children the story of Kunta's grandfather's prayers for the deliverance from the drought?
4. Who looks after Kunta and the other young children of the tribe?
5. Where does Kizzy discover she is now living with the new master?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)