Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1-10 Abstract
* Kunta is born in 1750 in a village in Gambia, West Africa.
* Kunta and other children learn about Kunta's grandfather and namesake and his importance in their village.
* He later has a baby brother, Lamin.
* At four, Kunta has the job of leading visitors to their village.
* Kunta soon begins school and takes on...
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)