|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucy kiss at the end of Chapter 15?
2. Who does Lucy claim has no fences?
3. Who does Lucy have tea with in Chapter 15?
4. What does Lucy play on the piano at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. Whose music does Lucy refuse to play at her welcome party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George and Cecil are two men that compete for Lucy's love. These two characters are very different, in both action and word. Analyze the differences in these characters and ultimately, why one of them is the right match for Lucy.
Essay Topic 2
Lucy lies frequently throughout "A Room with a View", both to herself and those around her. Choose an instance where Lucy tells a lie and analyze the following:
1) Why is the lie told?
2) What is Lucy trying to hide?
3) What would have been the consequence if Lucy had told the truth?
Essay Topic 3
What is Miss Bartlett's attitude towards men? How does Miss Bartlett's opinion of men affect Lucy? Are there examples in the story where Lucy is similar in her attitude towards men? What are they?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)