|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Emersons and Lucy speak with one another at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. Where does Chapter 20 take place?
3. What is written on the back of the wardrobe in the Emerson's home?
4. Who refuses to have George baptized?
5. Where do Mrs. Honeychurch, Miss Bartlett, and Lucy go on Sunday morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Lucy first meets the Emerson family, the character George is depressed. As his family recognizes the importance of a room with a view, what does George's depression signify? If George did not believe in a room with a view, would his character still be depressed at this point in the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Lucy lies frequently throughout "A Room with a View", both to herself and those around her. Choose an instance where Lucy tells a lie and analyze the following:
1) Why is the lie told?
2) What is Lucy trying to hide?
3) What would have been the consequence if Lucy had told the truth?
Essay Topic 3
Society is an important aspect that is trying to shape the character Lucy in "A Room with a View".
1) Describe the type of society Lucy is born into.
2) Discuss the expectations society has for Lucy.
3) Analyze whether Lucy's actions are a result of trying to conform to or resist societal expectations.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)