|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Beebe tells Minnie that Lucy's reaction to the "muddle" is how people should react. How does Lucy react?
2. In what lake do Lucy, her mother, and Cecil encounter Mr. Beebe, George, and Freddy swimming?
3. What does Lucy tell George at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. What chapter of the book Cecil is reading does Lucy discourage him from reading out loud?
5. How does Cecil feel about the event hosted by Mrs. Honeychurch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Lucy first meets the Emerson family, the character George is depressed. As his family recognizes the importance of a room with a view, what does George's depression signify? If George did not believe in a room with a view, would his character still be depressed at this point in the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is Miss Bartlett's attitude towards men? How does Miss Bartlett's opinion of men affect Lucy? Are there examples in the story where Lucy is similar in her attitude towards men? What are they?
Essay Topic 3
Location is used as a literary device throughout "A Room with a View". The novel opens in Florence, Italy, a city world-renowned for its beauty and passion. Discuss the various locations throughout the novel and how they serve to mirror the internal transformations that are taking place inside of Lucy.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)