|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the company of Sir Harry, where does Cecil suggest he and Lucy walk together?
2. Who is the catalyst to the proposed tenant change in the villas?
3. What does Lucy invite George to do with her in Chapter 15?
4. What does Lucy tell Cecil she feels for him?
5. What do Mr. Beebe and Mr. Emerson speak of during Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"A Room with a View" is both the title of the novel and a metaphor for life. Explain what is meant by a room with a view. Cite three examples from the novel where a room with or without a view is mentioned and why.
Essay Topic 2
"Fences" are discussed in a "Room with a View." Citing examples from the story, define the following:
1) What is the definition of "fences"?
2) Identify a character who puts up "fences". Discuss why and how this character puts up "fences".
3) Identify a character who does not put up "fences". Analyze why this character does not use "fences".
Essay Topic 3
What is Miss Bartlett's attitude towards men? How does Miss Bartlett's opinion of men affect Lucy? Are there examples in the story where Lucy is similar in her attitude towards men? What are they?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)