|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cecil tire of listening to in Chapter 15?
2. At the end of Chapter 17, Lucy is compared to whom?
3. In Chapter 13, Mrs. Honeychurch finds Cecil's behavior what?
4. What is written on the back of the wardrobe in the Emerson's home?
5. Where does Cecil say he believes Lucy to be more comfortable with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Lucy first meets the Emerson family, the character George is depressed. As his family recognizes the importance of a room with a view, what does George's depression signify? If George did not believe in a room with a view, would his character still be depressed at this point in the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of "A Room with a View", Mr. Emerson is accused through gossip of killing his wife. Later in the novel, Lucy understands what really happened. What really happens and why is it said in society that Mr. Emerson killed his wife?
Essay Topic 3
What is Miss Bartlett's attitude towards men? How does Miss Bartlett's opinion of men affect Lucy? Are there examples in the story where Lucy is similar in her attitude towards men? What are they?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)