|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the book Cecil is reading?
(a) Miss Lavish.
(b) Emily Bronte.
(c) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(d) William Shakespeare.
2. What does Sir Harry complain of in Chapter 9?
(a) A tenant in one of the semi-detached villas.
(b) Gambling debts.
(c) The lack of variety in activities around town.
(d) A poorly cooked Italian dinner.
3. What chapter of the book Cecil is reading does Lucy discourage him from reading out loud?
(a) Chapter 2.
(b) Lucy does not try to stop Cecil from reading anything.
(c) Chapter 3.
(d) The last chapter.
4. Who refuses to have George baptized?
(a) The priest.
(c) Mr. Emerson.
(d) Mrs. Emerson.
5. Where does Cecil meet the Emersons?
(b) The Opera.
(c) The National Gallery.
(d) Out walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy invite George to do with her in Chapter 15?
2. What is written on the back of the wardrobe in the Emerson's home?
3. Who does Cecil tire of listening to in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Lucy claim has no fences?
5. When does Mrs. Honeychurch tell Lucy to calm down?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)