|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Lucy knows who wrote what Cecil is reading, what does she do?
(a) Lucy admits she does not understand the author.
(b) Lucy rips up the book.
(c) Lucy forbids Cecil to read the book.
(d) Lucy begins listening.
2. The secret encounter between George and Lucy is revealed in Miss Lavish's novel due to information from whom?
(a) Miss Bartlett.
(c) Miss Alans.
3. When Lucy sees George at the lake, how does she respond?
(a) Lucy hides behind her parasol.
(b) Lucy runs away.
(c) Lucy applauds George's swimming technique.
(d) Lucy kisses George.
4. What does Lucy appreciate about the "welcome" party thrown in her honor?
(a) The quality of the food.
(b) The members of high society who attend.
(c) The lack of alcohol.
(d) The famous musicians who perform.
5. Why is Lucy keeping her broken engagement a secret?
(a) Lucy prefers to remain mysterious.
(b) Lucy is too embarrassed to admit she is single.
(c) Lucy does not want to write an announcement for the paper.
(d) Lucy does not want George to know she is available.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to put a house on Windy Corner?
2. How do the Emersons and Lucy speak with one another at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. In what lake do Lucy, her mother, and Cecil encounter Mr. Beebe, George, and Freddy swimming?
4. What does Lucy tell George at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. Who throws Lucy a "welcome" party in Chapter 11?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)